Week 3: Buffalo @ Cleveland

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Legacy, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Legacy

Legacy Walk On

Buffalo - 27
    Cleveland - 20

Both teams looking for another win in this AFC matchup. Started out as a defensive battle as both teams squandered drives in the 1st half. A couple field goals and a touchdown by TE Benjamin Watson who broke 4 tackles to score was the highlights of the 1st half. Both offenses began to find holes in the defenses as Ryan Fitzpatrick found Stevie Johnson for 2 TD in the 2nd half especially a go ahead TD with about 2 minutes left that gave the Bills their first win of the season. Trent Richardson for Cleveland had 21 carries for 52 yards while Brandon Weeden threw for 258, but had 2 INTs that were the difference in the ball game as one was returned for a TD. Fitzpatrick passed for 2 TD and 261 yards which was added with Fred Jackson putting in 17 attempts for 104 yards. Cleveland faces off against Baltimore Ravens next week while Buffalo heads to Foxborough to deal with the Patriots.

2. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Good game Legacy.
    Like usual, drops killed me on both sides of the ball. I have no idea why I can't get any user picks. The biggest drop was by CB Joe Haden. He jumped a route, and probably would have scored. The turning point came late in the third. I was up 7, and had a decent offensive rythym going, despite the fact I couldn't run the ball. I had the momentum, but Travis Benjamin muffed the punt, and set up the Bills deep in my territory. The rest is history:(

I do have a question for RynoAid or BlyGilmore, about half way through the fourth the game was tied. I had 4th and 10 from the Bills 36. I came out for a FG, because I feel I can make a 53 yard FG the majority of the time with the kicker I have. However, I had a 13 mph wind blowing against me, so I didn't think I'd make it in that situation. I decided to call a t.o. And go for it on fourth down. I felt I was too close to punt from the 36. That had been about his average starting field position for most of the day, so if I didn't make it no big loss. He didn't have a mic, so I couldn't discuss it with him. As far as I know Legacy didn't have a problem with it, because he didn't mention anything. I know the fourth down rule says there are exceptions that can be handled on an individual basis. I just want to know if in this situation was I ok to go for it, or should I not do this again?

3. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Given the wind and field position I think that was fine.

4. Legacy

Legacy Walk On

Yeah, it was cool with me... I figured that was the situation.