Week 3 Content/Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by PAgamer07, Nov 6, 2010.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

[​IMG]

Well the ACC is beginning to take shape as Boston College once again looks to establish themselves as the cream of the crop. There were a couple of big out of conference wins, as well as a potential ACC Championship Preview.

[​IMG]

Clemson pulls this one out 31-21 backed by forcing 5 turnovers. They had a couple of standout performances on defense. Jonathan Willard led the team with 9 tackles a sack and a forced fumble. Not to be outdone, Darius Robinson had 3 tackles, 2 Interceptions and a forced fumble. And Corrico Hawkins had 4 tackles a sack and 2 forced fumbles of his own. All three of these guys are possible defensive player of the week nominees...

Offensively, HB Andre Ellington was the story here. He had 22 carries for 110 yards and 2TD as well as 3 catches for 26 yards and his third TD of the game.

In recruiting news, they are getting closer to having some commits, but no one commited this week.

The Tigers host Maryland this week, in an ACC clash and they need to contain ROLB Demetrius Hartsfield who leads the ACC with 2 sacks and 6 tackles for loss.

[​IMG]

The Hokies had no trouble with Pittsburgh this week as they blow them out by 21 (35-14). Although this was an easy victory the team has to be concerned about the play of QB Logan Thomas as he only completed 10 of 22 passes with an interception. The play of the game though was Quillie Odom's 76 yard interception returned for a TD.

In recruiting news, they did not have any commits either.

This week Virginia Tech will host the Miami Hurricanes head coach's former team, the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. So far this year the Yellow Jackets are winless, and have only scored 14 points. It should be a pretty easy game.

[​IMG]

The Boston College Eagles reminded everyone why they are the best team in the ACC with a convincing 35-28 win at home over Miami. The game could have gotten out of hand early as Miami had 3 straight trips into the redzone, but had to settle for FG on two of them. The game turned on a 56 yard interception return for a TD by CB AJ Currelley late in the 4th quarter.

Defensively, outside of the Interception return for a TD there weren't any real standout performances. In fact, one could say their defense has some holes in the secondary as they gave up 360 yards to Jamaal Thomas. Offensively, HB Sterlin Phifer was named player of the game with his 20 carries for 96 yards and 2 TD.

In recruiting news, they did not have any commits.

This week the Boston College Eagles travel to Florida State to face the Seminoles in what should be a really good game.

[​IMG]

As was mentioned earlier, Miami blew a golden opportunity to establish themselves in the ACC. Boston College played well, and Miami will learn from their mistakes and move on. They do feel confident though because everyone thought they let this one get away.

WR Tommy Streeter continued to dominate opposing cornerbacks as he caught 6 passes for 133 yards. Lamaar Miller really could have played more of a role here as he only had 16 carries, 2 of those for TD.

The Hurricanes did not have any commits this week.

They travel to Madison Wisconsin to face the #3 Wisconsin Badgers in another huge test.

Players of the Week:

Offense:

HB Andre Ellington (Clemson): 136 combined yards, 3 TD

[​IMG]

Defense:

CB Darrius Robinson (Clemson): 3 tackles, 2 INT, 1 Forced Fumble

[​IMG]

ACC Standings:

[​IMG]

2. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

We have two more user games this week:

Florida vs Oklahoma and Alabama vs Missouri

Good luck to the four of you and good luck to everyone else in their CPU games.

3. SodaAddict

Well done again, sir. You're providing the other conferences with proof that we're the best conference these days. No one else even has reports about their conferences :p

4. SodaAddict

Week 3 has arrived and we have already had some excitement from the user games.

In week 2, we only ended up with one user game, but it was an exciting one, pitting Boston College and Miami in an epic game. You can see pagamer's write-up on the game by taking a look at his Around the ACC Report for Week 3.

2012 User Game Records:
    mboda - 1-0
    pagamer07 - 0-1

This week, the SEC and Big 12 will be the focus for the User Game Preview Show, as both user games pit SEC and BIG 12 South teams against each other.

------------------------------------------------------

Florida vs Oklahoma

In game 1, xUGAx Bud Light's Oklahoma and AJH's Florida prepare for a showdown with National Championship implications. It's a heavyweight bout by anyone's estimation and you can expect the sparks to fly.

Oklahoma comes in to this one with high hopes and a desire to get the Big 12 back in to the National Championship conversation. Coach xUGAx Bud Light was kind enough to share his comments on the upcoming game: "I would say to win this game our defense is going to have to step it up a notch and stop that powerful Florida offense. If we can stop them on defense I see us winning this game. On offense, if we have good blocking up front for the running game and the passing game, I see us having a lot of success moving the ball down the field. AJH is a good [coach] and it will be a good game. I look forward to playing against the Gators and their talented coach this week. Watch AJH I'm coming for you!"

I expect Florida to be on a rampage all season long. They missed out on an opportunity to go to the National Championship last year by having one bad game at the wrong time against a talented LSU team that they had beaten earlier in the season. This year could very well be the year for coach AJH and his Gators. As opposed to the Oklahoma coach, AJH was not quite as tight-lipped regarding the upcoming clash of the titans of college football.

Here is what he had to say in his interview, and it was a great interview: "If you were to ask me who I thought would be the favorite to win the National Title [besides us] going into the season I would have said Oklahoma. Bud is a great coach. We played against him in year one when he was the head man at South Carolina and we got the best of him that day but this OU team is a different animal. QB Drew Allen is solid but what set's OU apart from everyone else is the playmakers they have. RB Jerimie Calhoun is a beast. Not only is he fast but he is a great runner in between the tackles. Then when you look at the receivers your jaw will literally drop. DeJuan Miller and Jaz Reynolds are easily the best 1-2 punch in the country. Our secondary will have to play at it's best for us to have any chance in this one. Their defense is also rock solid. When looking through their game film, we didn't see any weakness. Again, playmakers all over the field. Our young QB will have to play like a 5th year senior in this game.

Our freshman QB's can not turn the ball over. We have a style of offense where we just can't turn around and hand it off 40 times. Our QB's will have to make some big plays. If they can do that, it will open up running lanes for the three headed monster that is Mack Brown, Mike Gillislee and Tim Wright. We also need the receivers to step up and catch the ball. Speedsters Andre Dubose and Chris Dunkley have to hold onto the ball. If they do that, they can use that blazing speed to their advantage. Steady Senior wideout Omarius Hines and TE Jorden Reed both will have to be very involved. Both have great hands and can keep those chains moving.

On defense it's very imperative that our D-Line get's pressure on the OU QB. If we don't have to blitz, that will give us more guys in coverage and it will make life easier on these CB's dealing with these unreal WR's. Safety's Barrett Stevens and Matt Elam will have to be able to make open field tackles. If we can limit the big plays, we will like our chances.

We also think special teams could play a role. We start a true-freshmen kicker and punter. Hopefully the game won't come down to a kick but if it does, we could be in trouble.

I must say, the winner of this game will be the favorite to win it all this season. We have played against Bud Light coached teams and they certainly are well disciplined and fundamentally sound squads. IMO, this will be the best team we face all year and that is no disrespect to LSU, Bama or South Carolina. The Swamp is never an easy place to play for anyone but if anyone were to knock me off it would be Bud Light's OU team. We always like our chances against anyone as we have dominated in user games but I don't think I've faced anything like this Sooner squad. In all reality, this is the year to get the Gators, with us starting a true-freshman at the most important position. This type of situation will never happen again as the coaching staff shit the bed for not having a suitable replacement for the graduating John Brantley but these two kids have NFL potential and will be All-Americans in the near future. The rest of the squad is extremely deep and young but most importantly they are very good!! It's going to be a fun game, hopefully we can come out on top but if we don't, we'll live to fight another day and fight our way into the National Championship.

I also want to say how great it is to finally have [...] committed coaches in [the NCAA]. Hopefully we can keep this type of activity up and make this a fun and competitive [year] for everyone here. Good luck to all [the] coaches and hopefully everyone's season is a successful one."

See what I mean about it being a great interview? I also asked coach AJH about his recruiting battles with fellow powerhouse Oklahoma. Here is his response: "Fortunately, recruiting is not much of an issue for us here in Gainesville. We fully expect to have the best class in the land for the 3rd straight year. We only have 14 scholarships available for our disposal but we think that it's entirely possible that we can add 12 more 5* kids. We only have 1 commit thus far but we lead on all of our main targets so don't expect a dropoff in talent down here anytime soon. Oddly enough, Oklahoma seems to be one of the biggest rivals on the recruiting trails. We like to recruit the entire country and have already butted heads with them out in Colorado and California. We'll obviously check out the talent out there but if a kid is having any reservations about becoming a Gator, we'll let the Sooners or anyone else for that matter have him. There is enough talent down here in the Southeast where we really don't need to go anywhere else to get recruits. We expected the Miami Hurricanes to be more of a recruiting rival but haven't really had much issue with them as of yet. I guess they need to win some games before we actually put them on our radar. We have noticed LSU, Bama, FSU, Texas and South Carolina on the recruiting trails also. If any of those teams thinks they can come into Florida and take a recruit that I actually want, then by all means try. We certainly don't like their chances though."

This week one of my thoughts coming in to the game became: Who is better equipped to make a big run down the road? Who has freshmen that are seeing playing time and contributing now that could become strong leaders in the future?

Coach xUGAx Bud Light had this to say: "TE Jim Newsome, that kid plays a huge roll on our offense and we hope he brings alot to the table in this game and throughout the year."

AJH also contributed the following to the discussion: "Well, we have four guys that are getting playing time right now. Most importantly is the QB position. Anthony Davis has gotten the start the first two weeks but Lance West has also seen time. Both have played well but the games were against ULM and FIU. Both kids have tremendous upside but this season will definitely be a work in progress. Davis has the better arm of the two but West is more accurate. We expect Davis will again get the start but don't be surprised if West get's some playing time if Davis falter's early. The guy were most excited about is CB William Bennett. His skill set is unreal!! He's 6'2" with blazing speed. He's already made a spectacular pick against FIU but the game against OU will really show if this kid has what it takes to be a multiple All-American. Right now he's our nickel back so he's not being thrown to the wolves but with OU's Air Raid offense, we expect to see him on the field most of the game. Another kid were very high on is TB Tim Wright. If you were to clone Jeff Demps, you would end up with Wright. We would have liked to redshirt Wright but we promised the kid we wouldn't and we will always stand by our promises. It's been tough to keep this kid on the sidelines. In his limited playing time, he has made some amazing plays. We will really have some fun with this kid the next 4 years. Through two games Wright has already hit paydirt 4 times. One kid I would also like to mention is Sophomore FS Barrett Stevens. He was an athlete coming to Gainesville last season and played the season as our 4th CB. We decided to move him to the FS spot and he has the look of a NFL star. He's probably the fastest FS in the country and can come up and lay a lick on anyone. We're jacked to have him leading our secondary for the next 3 seasons."

Success for Oklahoma will depend on playing mistake-free ball and capitalizing on opportunities. I predict that Oklahoma will win this game if they win the turnover battle. But, if it is even or Florida causes more turnovers, I have a feeling Florida will come away with it. That team and that coach are simply too talented for Oklahoma to be able to overcome a few lapses of judgment.

My prediction: Florida 30 - Oklahoma 28

------------------------------------

Alabama vs Missouri

Game 2 will feature Alabama and Missouri. The Crimson Tide are coming off of a big win against the Texas Longhorns, as they try to defeat their second consecutive Big 12 squad. Missouri is coming off of a tough loss against Florida State. Coach MexiRican has a tough job ahead of him, with a difficult schedule and a lack of depth compared to other Big 12 powers.

Coach MexiRican briefly discussed some of his thoughts on the upcoming game in his interview this week: "Bama is always a team that is gonna have top notch athletes, so it's gonna be a hard game for our boys. From top to bottom, they flat out have more talent then us. Being the new head coach at Mizzou, I've only played 2 games with this team. But we have always finished strong, so if we can keep it a close game, I feel good about our chances to pull out a major upset. It also doesn't hurt that we get them right after their game against Texas. It will show what their team is all about.

This team is more senior ridden, since I haven't had the time to pull in the recruits that I would like, yet. One guy to look for is true freshman RB Chris Shaffer, as he will be used as a backup and change of pace back to starter Lawrence. Law has great speed, but Shaffer has amazing quickness. Depending on what we need down and distance wise will determine who's out on the feild.

Keys to the game will be to spread out Bama's D. If we can get them focused on covering our 4 wide sets, that will open up running room for our backs. QB James Franklin will dictate how the offense rolls. I chose him over the Glaser (who is a year older and 2 points ovr better), because of the athleticism he presents. This will cause Bama's D to have something else to worry about. Defensively, well have to find a way to limit Trent Richardson. I'm not expecting to shut them down, but we have to limit the big plays.

We're not in any [recruiting] battles with Bama, but if we pull out a win, that should be a statement to our recruits. It will show that we can hang with the big boys, and they have a chance to be apart of something special in bringing Mizzou to a powerhouse team.

The quote I'm telling my team is "Shock the Nation". That's what we have a chance for here. We just have to take one game at a time. We cant get too high from a big win or too low from any losses. Every week is a battle."

I was impressed by MexiRican's composure in his interview. The Tigers have certainly found themselves an intelligent coach with a strong ability to talk to the media.

Alabama knows they need to avoid mistakes in order to avoid the upset. If they can do that, they should be able to win this one with the superior talent they possess.

Coach JOEDESIGNS had some comments on the upcoming game as well in his interview this week: "We expect the tigers to come ready to play, and we are really looking forward to a hard fought game. We are going one game at a time and this week we play Missouri, nobody else. On offense, we love to eat the clock, tire the defense and we will always take what you give us. Defense is on fire right now. Expect what you saw last week, alot of the 3-4 and alot of different looks from it. Bowman and Richardson will continue to do what they've been doing. On the Tiger squad, we HAVE to pressure James Franklin, make him move in the pocket and don't let him get comfortable. We look to challenge the Missouri secondary over and over and over."

I think Alabama just has too much talent for the Tigers to keep up with. I really think that coach MexiRican is going to bring about a major change to the Tigers' program, but today coach JOEDESIGNS is going to prevail.

My Prediction: Alabama 28 - Missouri 16

5. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    Team Power Ranking Nat'l Ranking Record AJ's Take
    [​IMG] 1 4 2-0 (0-0) Right now Oklahoma looks to be the best team in the land. They have firepower all over on the offensive side of the ball and the defense might be as good as anyone in the country this season. Fresh off a big win against Penn St, the Sooners now travel down to Gainesville in what some experts think will be a National Title game preview. If the Sooners come out victorious.. look out, an undefeated season could be coming.
    [​IMG] 2 2 2-0 (0-0) Some people think this might be a bit high for the Gator's seeing that they are relaying on a true-freshmen QB but this team has talent all over the field. If QB Anthony Davis can play mistake free football this team will be on top of the power rankings. This is the fastest defense in all of college football but they will be tested this week as Oklahoma visits the Swamp. If the Gators can pull off the win, this team should just get better as the season goes along.
    [​IMG] 3 7 2-0 (1-0) What can you say about mboda's Eagles. All this team does is win. They don't have the talent as many of the top teams do but they always make the one play that turns the game in their favor. It happened again in last week's game against Miami when BC corner AJ Currelley took a pick all the way back for a back-breaking TD. The Eagles look to keep up their winning ways this week as they travel to Tallahassee to face FSU.
    [​IMG] 4 1 2-0 (0-0) Coach DADRHINO has this LSU squad looking like the real deal. They have two of arguably the best players in the country in RB Mike Ford and WR Rueben Randle. They have playmakers all over on the offensive side of the ball and their defense is good enough to win them some games also. The Tigers won a wild game against Boise St last week 42-41 and look to keep that momentum going as they welcome Mississippi St to Death Valley.
    [​IMG] 5 5 2-0 (0-0) As the Alabama faithful was pulling down the goalpost's after last week's huge win over Texas coach JOEDESIGNS must have thought if things can possibly get any better than that? Well it can if the Tide plays up to their potential. With players like Trent Richardson and AJ McCarron, this team has all the tools to bring home the National Title. The Tide will now travel to Columbia, MO in what most experts think should be a win but Mizzou will be playing with a chip on their shoulder after some have said they have no shot.
    [​IMG] 6 15 2-0 (0-0) For the first time in the 3 years that coach BoSoxfan has lead this Hokie squad they have escaped the first two weeks of the season without a loss. This team usually comes on as the season goes along so these guys may be a darkhorse for a ACC and National Title. The Hokies dismantled the Pitt Panthers last week 35-14 and look to do the same to Georgia Tech as they visit Blacksburg this weekend. QB Logan Thomas will have to improve his completion % if this Hokie team is to accomplish all of it's goals.
    [​IMG] 7 13 1-0 (0-0) The Gamecocks are probably the steadiest team in all of the land. Often overlooked by the sexier SEC teams, coach Ryalaman will have this team competing for the SEC crown this season. Led by stud RB Marcus Lattimore, the Cocks should be able to score points with anyone. It will be up to the defense to stop the high-powered SEC teams if the Gamecocks can grab that elusive SEC crown. USC is coming off a bye and host perennial SEC power Georgia into Columbia. If the Gamecocks can pull out the win, that should propel them up the polls and give this budding power the confidence they need to beat the rest of the big SEC giants.
    [​IMG] 8 9 1-1 (0-0) With head coach CTVOLFAN out with an illness, Texas looked lackluster in a loss to Alabama. There is never any shame losing in Tuscaloosa but it's the way they lost. Only putting up 7 points was very discouraging. However, there is good news, the head man will be back roaming the sidelines as the Longhorns welcome Ole Miss into Austin. Look for TB Tre Newton and WR's Marquise Goodwin and DeSean Hales to be heavily involved in the attack as Texas looks to begin a new win streak. Look for this team to not only challenge OU for the Big-12 Title but also be very involved in the National Title picture. Everyone here is happy to hear that the coach is back and hopefully better than ever.
    [/SIZE]
    [​IMG] 9 11 1-1 (0-1) What an absolute devastating loss the Canes took against BC last week. The Canes still have time to straighten out this season but it's going to take some resolve. In the past, Cane teams have been known to shut down after a big loss but coach pagamer promises that won't happen this season. Miami has all sorts of talent and we still have to favor them getting to the ACC title game. It's going to take some great coaching but we believe the staff will have these kids ready to play each and every week. Miami now travels to Madison to take on a physical Wisconsin team. Look for the Canes to bounce back in a big way this week.
    [/SIZE]
    [​IMG] 10 - 1-1 (0-0) Missouri took a hard fought loss against the Seminoles of Florida St last week without the head coach MexiRican in attendance. This team has to be able to stop the pass if they are going to challenge for the Big-12 crown. With teams like OU and Texas standing in their way of a BCS berth, the 300yds that the Noles put up through air will only get worse when those two teams come calling. The good news is QB James Franklin continues to put up big numbers thus far early in the season. We fully expect the Tigers to rebound and challenge Nebraska for the Big-12 North crown. They will have their hands full this week though as Bama comes calling. If they are to somehow pull of the upset, this could send the Tigers soaring.
    [/SIZE]
    [​IMG] 11 23 1-1 (0-0) The Cornhuskers also played without their coach last week and it showed. After blowing out their opponent in week 1, the Huskers fell to West Virginia 38-17. It was an ugly ballgame that coach Fuzzy10ogic hopes was an aberration. Nebraska has to get the ball to bruiser Rex Burkhead if this team can rebound and be a force nationally. They have two great QB's in Taylor Martinez and Cody Green so we expect this offense to hit it's stride very soon. This is still our pick to come out of the Big-12 North but the defense can not give up 38 points to a West Virginia squad if they expect to ever contend with OU and Texas. We think they shore up that defense very soon and the Huskers will have a big year.
    [​IMG] 12 12 1-1 (0-0) Clemson is truely head scratching right now. This defense has been gashed thus far this season and it will have to be shored up if they have any aspirations of doing anything of substance this season. They did pull out the victory over a good Michigan team and look to keep the momentum going as Maryland comes into Death Valley. There hasn't been really anyone on the offensive side of the ball that's stood out but we expect coach SodaAddict will turn this season around very quick. Their loss was a non-conference loss so they still could very easily win the ACC title. Getting through BC is quite a challenge but we think Clemson takes that next step this season and plays in Atlanta.

OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Trent Richardson - Alabama​
    27 Carries for 155yds and 2 TD's​
    [​IMG]

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: AJ Currelley - Boston College​
    56yd INT TD​
    [​IMG]

6. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

:thumbsup:

Wow. This is really, really good AJ. Its really hard to pick between #1-#3.. Im not familiar with dadrhino's resume, so I dont know how high to rank him. So far so good though for him. Right now it looks like the SEC is the best conference in football right now.

7. BoSoxFan58

BoSoxFan58 Walk On

Great Job AJH, your description of my squad was dead on. My team is definitely not the most talented team I've had in Blacksburg, but I always find a way to come on late. This schedule will not be easy down the stretch for me though. If I can make it 3-1 through Clemson, Miami, BC, and Mizzou i'd be ecstatic.

8. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

This is pretty sweet right here

9. SodaAddict

Great job AJH. Don't look now, but we're starting to get some strong content around here. Keep up the good work.

10. AJ Hart MN

Oh lord.. Did I see that correctly? Mboda was tied at the end of regulation by a hail mary? Looks like the Noles are giant killers this season already beating two users.

Maybe we should be using these sliders in every OD. 3 CPU wins already this season and several more very close games. Hell, CPU LSU beat me in the SEC championship. I think we have a good set here.. Somebody tell Nautica! lol

11. AJ Hart MN

Yeah, I tend to ramble on a bit.. lol

Hopefully the Canes will notice the little jab I threw his way ;)

Great job with this BTW Soda.

12. SodaAddict

Thx for the encouragement. I will add the other game shortly.

13. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Bama Beat! That was the headline that all Tiger fans were waiting to read sunday morning, but it was still saturday night. Missouri had done everything right. Kept Bama's high caliber offense in check, only given up two BIG plays all night, and with 4th and Goal with 1:01 with the clock ticking here was the call.

And the Missouri fans are on the feet as Bama has their back to the goal line, the Tigers come out in a shotgun with two to the left, two to the right. Bama in the 3-4 looking for the pass, here's the snap Franklin fades back looking, looking no pressure rolls to his left fires and it will be...PICKED OFF! Brandon Scott has picked off Franklin to end the upset attempt. Bama stays unbeaten 26-21

14. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Mizzou almost pulls off the upset of the season. With the home crowd behind them, the gameplan worked as the defense was able to contain Bamas offense for most of the game, and Lawrence was able to find running room by spreading out the D. Unfortunately, with two chances late in the game to take the lead with a TD, Bamas D stepped up and made huge plays. Would say this is a morale victory, but those dont count in college football.

#5 Alabama 26 - Missouri 21

15. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

This is definitely a nice addition to the dynasty.

16. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

Texas responds after losing an early battle last week to Alabama. Ole Miss really posed no threat to the Longhorns as they held the Rebels to only 31 yards rushing for the game. The defense really played inspired this week, said coach ctvolfan in his press conference. Tre Newton and Marquise Goodwin are really turning out to be the playmakers for this offense. Texas wins 27-0 over Ole Miss

Up Next: Pittsburgh

17. AJ Hart MN

Oklahoma came into the swamp minus head coach Bud Light and it showed in a big way.​
    The Sooners fumbled on the opening kickoff and the Gators never looked back. Even though the Gators had a 17-0 lead in the second quarter, QB Anthony Davis was replaced with Lance West because of ineffective play and just might have lost his job for good. West was brilliant in throwing two long balls to Omarius Hines and Chris Duckley. Freshmen Tim Wright was gashing the Sooners all day on punt returns repeatedly setting the Gators up with great field position. The offense wasn't great but when always playing with short fields, it's very easy to score. I can't access the dynasty wire right now do I don't have the specifics but I don't think we put up a ton of yards.​
    The defense was the story of the game. They dominated the Sooners in every facet of the game. OU must have punted around 10 times, many coming on 3 and outs. Junior OLB Jelani Jenkins was a beast.. He was running all over the field blowing up Jerimie Calhoun and the secondary was brilliant. If the defense can play this way all year, we have a hard time believing anyone can beat this Gator squad.​
    With OU and BC both now with losses, the Gators look to reclaim the top spot not only in the polls but also in the power rankings. It looks as if the SEC could claim the top 3 spots this week and it should make for one hell of a conference season.​

18. AJ Hart MN

Look for some big changes next week as two of the top teams went down to defeat in week 3. Also, quite a valiant effort by the Missouri Tigers, that should earn them some valuable respect and confidence that they can play with anyone.

19. SodaAddict

I finally got the 2nd game added, sorry it took me so long.

20. SodaAddict

Yeah, pretty crazy week this week! Going to be a fun year.

21. SodaAddict

Hey Ryalaman, are you still going to do the Conference report for the SEC or...?

Also, a couple of Big 12 guys mentioned to me that they were interested in doing something, perhaps you could each take your division and do the Big 12 report as a combined thing?

Communicate with me on this because I don't want us to go much longer without these conference reports. I want all teams getting coverage.

22. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

I will do the write up/conference report for the Big 12.

• Like Like x 1
  23. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Yeah, I'll get it started with Week 4. I'll write it up today at some point and get it on here.

As for my game, it was a really tough battle against UGA. Clifford threw for over 400 yards because (as much as I fed him the ball) Lattimore wasn't his usual beastly self. He still had about 150 yards in offense and a TD but the yards were much more of a struggle than they usually were. In the game itself, UGA took a 21-7 lead late in the 3d quarter and we pretty much just had to abandon the run because of how effective the D had been against it. Andrew Clifford came up huge and led us to 2 TDs that tied the game at 21 with about 4 min to go. When UGA got the ball back, I had a really tough time stopping them and they eventually drove into FG range and hit it to go up 24-21 with 1 min to go. Then my passing game came up huge again. After the kick return, my first play was a 40 yard completion to Tori Gurley up the sideline. He got knocked out of bounds too so I had time to huddle. On the next play they left my slot guy Lamar Scruggs uncovered as he ran his post route and he caught the ball on the sideline and ran untouched into the endzone for a late TD that gave us the 28-24 lead. UGA then couldnt move the ball against a D that was selling out against the pass and I held on 28-24.

• Like Like x 1
  24. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Did a great job on the power rankings AJ. I wonder how far I'll drop after I get curbstomped by LSU...

25. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Actually, let me take that back. I don't know whats up with the dynasty wire, but I cant look at any stories right now. I'll get everything up whenever I can look at those.