Week 3: Dolphins 31 vs Jets 17

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Miki1369, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

Jul 24, 2010
    On a rainy and chilly night in NY, the Dolphins move to 2-1 on the young season and they are 2-0 against two teams that had their way with them last year (Raider and Jets).

It was another great defensive game played by the Dolphins, which was the key to escape with a 31-17 win at the meadowlands the home of the hated JETS. “We knew that coming into this season we had to win these divisional games if we wanted to make the playoffs” said QB Pat White. The AFC East is arguably the best division on the PMFL and it has two teams that year after year are in the discussion as one of the teams that can win it all” said coach Miki at the press conference. “We just want to play hard on defense and run the ball and hopefully before the end of the season our team can be in the same discussion that the Jets and Patriots are every season” continued the coach.

1st Half: The first half was dominated by the Jets, until the ball started bouncing the Dolphins way. The first lucky break came with the score 17-7 Jets and just under 1:10 left before halftime. The Dolphins were forced into a 3 and out and on the ensuing punt, the return man fumble the ball, apparently the rain got in the eyes of the punt return man and he was not able to to secure the ball inside the Jets 15 where newly acquired CB Buchanan recovered to give the Dolphins life and a chance to get back into the game. The next play CJ took it in from 10 yards out to give the Dolphins hope at 14-17 Jets.

2nd Half: On the first play of the second half CB P. Buchanan took the kickoff 94 yards to give the Dolphins a 4 point lead 21-17. Just like in their last game against the Raiders the Dolphins defensive was able to shutdown the opponent’s offense. “We were able to run the ball more effectively in the 2nd half which gave the Defense some time to rest and make plays” said offensive tackle J. Long. The Dolphins were able to add a field goal and another TD by Johnson sealed the game for Miami.

Player of the game: HB Johnson – 18 for 140 and 3TDs

Good game playa, I finally won a game against you… let’s hope I can get lucky again in a few weeks when we play in Miami.

I will download some highlights and I will load them up into youtube.

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Jun 13, 2010
    Congrats, Mike. BIG win for you in NY! CJ definately came to play and the Jets are missing Sanchez already.
  3. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Jul 23, 2010
    Missing is not the word. Mccown overthrew 3 passes by at least 5 yards that were sure touchdowns. We knew without Sanchez we had to play a near perfect game and we didn't. The muffed punt before half, the Edwards fumble at the 10 yard line and the Moreno fumble at my 20 while driving for the game tying score didn't help. But props to you Miki, your boys played well and forced me into a lot of 3rd and longs which I did not want with Mccown back there and they made the turnovers count.

If this is a sign of things to come, the only positive thing is we'll be in the top 10 of the draft! :D

Again, GG Miki