Week 3 Falcons 27 Saints 24

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Obisan, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Obisan

Obisan Walk On

Great game Nate, recap coming later.

2. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

@Obisan, when you do post the recap, please do so on the XFN site with either a copy or a link to it here. Thanks!

3. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I am still amazed that a 99 ov qb can't throw a out route to save his life. I'm hating this game more and more each day. I knew the one route that would kill me, an out post by that stud te that you have. I watched for it all game, but when you need a play, you made it and I didn't stop it. :( GG. sucks to start out 1-2, but I am going to get this Brees crap figured out. Was a very gg. tough game to lose when up 14-0 and driving to go up 21-0 before brees throws a pick 6 on an EASY out route where the cb was way behind my te. Ugh. I hate AM.

4. Obisan

Obisan Walk On

Nate, there are some things in this game that are just plain broken. If it wasn't for that out pass and my Safety jumping the route, I don't think I would of had a chance in that game. For one, I thought my D did a good job getting you to 3rd down situations. But once we got you there, you converted most, and then had those big plays. Not to mention my inconsistent passing with Ryan. The first interception was a comeback route, and I knew deep down that I shouldn't throw it.

You kept my TE in check the whole game. My other rookie WR stepped up, Bensly. But on that key last drive, I think you blitzed and left a LB on Talbert. Off Ryan's back foot he barely got off the throw and my man made a play. My 3-0 start is deceiving; the defense gives up too many big plays, and Ryan has more INTs than TDs. We'll just have to wait and see how everything works out.

5. Obisan

Obisan Walk On

In what proved to be a game that lived up to the hype, the New Orleans Saints hosted the Atlanta Falcons.
    The first quarter looked like the Superbowl winning Saint's have found their groove. Drew Brees hit Devry Henderson for a 59 yard score. Then the opportune defense had 1 of their picks and returned it for a score.
    Atlanta was on the brink of losing control in the 2nd quarter. No offense to be seen, the defense was getting no pressure and letting NO run all over them. The tide changed when the saftey Moore jumped an out route and took it back for 6. The game from this point was a shootout. Each team going back and forth with scores. It looked like whoever had the ball last would win.
    The Saints were driving down the field, in field goal range, with 3 minutes to go. Going for the home-run, Brees stepped back to pass. What proved to be the defensive play of the game, Brees was intercepted on the 10 by Jackson.
    With 2 minutes left to go, Matty Ice drove his team up the field and into field goal range. In a dome, Bryant hardly misses. With time expiring, Matt Bryant hit the game winning field goal to make the Falcons 3-0.

6. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

Comebacks are one of my favorite routes but they are risky. I don't think I ever risk throwing out routes...Its just too risky even when you time it out. So frustrating to see the DB cut before the WR.