Week 3 Game of the Week

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by kdpnutter, Sep 16, 2013.

1. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

[​IMG]
    Redskins 2-0 vs. Lions 2-0

Coach HotRod leads his 2-0 Redskins into Ford Field to take on Coach Anthrax and his Detroit Lions, in a battle of the unbeaten. Coach HotRod comes in riding the shoulders of his strong play so far this season against the Packers and Eagles. Coach HotRod is really yet to be tested this year but it looks to be Coach Anthrax and his 2-0 Lions coming off a big win against the Vikings in week 2.

Coach HotRod comes in with a solid run game with Alfred Morris and Robert Griffin III. Washington runs the football about as well as any team in the league. Washington can also throw the ball with Pierre Garcon and Fred Davis so if you stop the run, you need to stop the pass also. You need to pick your poison offensively. Offensively thru two games have thrown for over 600 yards and run for 300 yards. The number one overall defense coming in to this week. Having let up only 87 yards on the ground who is only beaten by the Lions. Redskins also come in at the number one conversion rate of third down at an astonishing 66%.

Coach Anthrax comes in to this with the number 7 ranked defense in the NFL and
    the number one rushing defense. Lions come in with a respectable 54% conversions on third down. Coach Anthrax offensively has 579 yards thru the air and 205 yards on the ground and averaging 37.5 points per game. Defensive can the Lions keep the Redskins in check thru the air?

Two stats to watch for in the game:

Which team will be able to stop the other on third down?

Will the Lions defense be able to stop the passing attack of the Redskins as thru two games the Lions have let up 625 yards thru the air?​

• Like Like x 3
  2. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    This is actually a home game for the Skins

3. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Eh gees crucify me over one little thing :p

4. Snozberriez8198

Snozberriez8198 10 Star Recruit

No voting on who will win?? What kinda sports writer are you???

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Skins are a -7 1/2 favorite.
    Over/Under 72

6. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

If I put a poll no one talks about it, so figured this way gets people to post about there prediction.

7. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

72 :confused: holy cow do people not play defense around here?

On a betting way I lay 8.5 for the redskins as the game is at home but ugh the 8.5 I would take Detroit to lose by 4.

8. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Great game by both HotRod and Anthrax78 pleasure to watch that game. I see a good playoff rematch coming between you two. NFC certainly have a lot of tough teams.