Week 3 Game of the Week!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by killajo90405, Nov 24, 2009.

1. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

Week 3 Game of the Week!

Week three gives us a huge game in which #6 Alabama travels to take on the nations hottest team, the #1 ranked University of North Carolina.

UNC has Already knocked of the #1 and #7 teams in the nation while Alabama struggled with a talented yet unranked Michigan squad.

Keys to the game-
    Offense
    Alabama - This team was plagued by turnovers last year. With a new QB, RB and #1 WR will this remain an issue? Look for the team to rely on the run game with QB star Jackson definitely getting some option runs while the two headed monster of Griffin and Richardson look to run behind a talented O-line. The passing game is really about Marquis Maze and the TE's. Not a deep WR group here

UNC - This team is setup by the power running of Ryan Houston, the guy has a career 4.9 rushing avg. But let's not sleep on the very gifted group of WRs.With every man standing over 6'0 it's no wonder QB Mike Paulus has thrown for 280yds per game and has completed almost 60% of his passes.

Defense

Alabama - Will the undersized CBs be able to keep up with those huge WRs? Time will tell, but I am confident the secondary will be challenged often. This Defense is lead by MLB Donta Hightower who had a slow start in week 1 with just 4 tackles and a sack. If the D-line can put pressure on Paulus they will have a chance otherwise they may not get off the field on 3rd downs.

UNC - This team seems to match-up well with Alabama. The 2 All-American caliber DEs should be able to keep Jackson from doing to much running around. However, UNC is suspect up the middle so it will be interesting to see how they adapt if Alabama attempts to run up the gut. Senior ROLB Zach Brown is having a monster year so far with 14 tackles and 3 sacks. UNC's DBs are not overly talented but neither is Bama's WR, can they cover just long enough for the DE's to get pressure?

No prediction here since I am playing and don't want to give any bulletin board material, but I do predict a high scoring affair with several lead changes.

Can UNC hold their #1 ranking or are they just a flash in the pan? We'll soon find out!

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Great writeup!

With as much as we are enjoying the national attention by playing in the game of the week in every week so far this year, what we wouldn't give to play against some team that's not GotW caliber!

3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

nice writeup... I wouldnt mind you doing some for C2C

4. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

are we in week 3?

5. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Yeah we're in week 3. It's posted! haha.

Sick write up killa. I suppose it helps when your basically doing your own scouting report for the week. (hmmm I wonder if he used any deception on the bama keys to win to throw UNC off this week like GT did last week???)

I'm taking Bama all the way in this one. The games at Chapel Hill, but who cares. What, are the 45,000 screaming fans really going to intimidate Alabama whose used to playing in front of 90,000+ in foreign territory, don't think so.

Plus, let's just be honest. The ACC is soft. Everyone knows the SEC is the conference to beat.

UNC keeps the bama running game in check with their sick DE's. Richardson will go for 70+ yds. The difference will be Star's ability to break the pocket when the All American DE's start after him. This ability will let Maze get open down field and lead to him having a huge day.

"Get your popcorn ready!"

6. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

Nice write-up