Week 3 Game Summaries(2011)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bulldog, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Post them here.

2. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

Anyone wanna guess how long T Richardson stayed in the game and touched the ball almost every possession in a 34-7 blowout where I was using base defense the last quarter and a half?

3. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

Not this again...

I passed I think two times in the second half and ran the clock. Not sure what more you want. I wasn't stat padding or anything, just running iso's and counters. What does you running your base defense have to do with it?

4. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

[​IMG] 7
    #2 [​IMG] 34

Clemson Tigers Leaders:
    Passing: Taj Boyd 6 for 21 84 YDS 1 TD 3 INT​
    Rushing: Andre Ellington 15 ATT 84 YDS​
    Receiving: DeAndre Hopkins 3 REC 31 YDS​
    Defense: Quandon Christian 7 TOT TACK 5 SOLO TACK 1 TFL​

#2 Alabama Crimson Tide Leaders:
    Passing: A.J. McCarron 9 for 22 119 YDS 2 INT​
    Rushing: Trent Richardson 25 ATT 178 YDS 2 TD​
    Receiving: Duron Carter 4 REC 33 YDS​
    Defense: Dequan Menzie5 TOT TACK 4 SOLO TACK 2 TFL 1.0 SACK 1 INT​

Stats Clemson #2 Alabama
    First Downs 9 13
    Total Yards 145 333
    Rushing Yards 84 214
    Passing Yards 61 119
    3rd Down Conversions 3-11(27%) 4-11(36%)
    Turnovers 3 2
    Time of Possession 12:42 15:18

5. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Kansas 31
    Georgia Tech 28

Georgia Tech jumped out early and took a 14-10 lead thanks to QB Tevin Washington’s legs and arms. But in the 2nd half, a QB change and HB James Sims willed the Jayhawks to a victory. After taking the lead 24-21, GT QB Washington kept the ball on a read option and was hit hard, causing a fumble which was returned for a TD. Tech scored a TD with 30 seconds remaining but it was too late, as Kansas went to 3-0 in front of their home crowd. QB Jordan Webb was injured after going 7-14 with a TD along with 38 rushing yards and a score. Backup Quinn Meacham played well, completing 8 of 13 passes, but did throw a costly INT in the red zone. There are no doubts that Jordan Webb will start after his good performance. James Sims looked average rushing 28 times for 116 yards and a score.

Jordan Webb (QB)- 7-14 for 63 yards, TD, 5 carries for 38 yards, TD
    Quinn Meacham (QB)- 8-13 for 80 yards, INT, 3 carries for 26 yards
    James Sims (HB)- 28 carries for 116 yards, TD
    Darren Miller (HB)- 5 carries for 19 yards
    Tim Biere (TE)- 5 receptions for 52 yards
    Daymond Patterson (WR)- 4 receptions for 30 yards, TD
    Darius Willis (MLB)- 11 tackles, 5 TFL
    Isiah Barfield (CB)- 6 tackles, FF
    Bradley McDougald (SS)- 3 tackles, FR, TD

6. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Im just curious if you understand garbage time. When your up 27 points in the 4th you play your subs. Trent Richardson should be back in the locker room.

7. LSUTRUTH

K state puts Kent away late

Kansas State did not expect a dog fight but that is what Kent State gave them for 3 quarters. At the start of the 4th Kent would lead KSU by a score of 27-24. Unfortunately for Kent they would not muster any offense in the 4th as KSU scored 21 to pull away. KSU turned Kent mistakes on defense and offense into point in the final period and the rushing combo of Hubert and Brown would put KSU up for good. Hubert the spell back played about 15 snaps in this game touching the ball 8 times yet he produced 4 touchdowns and 100+ yards of offense. Bryce Brown the former Tenn running back carried the load with 25 carries for 152 yards no TD.

Kansas State defense showed some hole in the first 3 quarters but showed up the 4th. The defense will be looked at after giving up 516 total yards to Kent.

KSU 45
    Kent 27

8. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

[​IMG]

Its Not All Good News In Miami Win!
    [​IMG]

Coach York sat at the podium looking dejected somber and drained. You would think the Hurricanes Coach would be happy seeing as his team had just beat down the #5 team in the country 27-0. "Yeah I am happy for the team they really stepped up but losing Lamar Miller is gonna be tough. He might be a sophomore but he is still a leader and impact player when he is on the field." said Coach York after the game. He is speaking of the season ending injury that Miller suffered on the 1st offensive series of the second half. Miller was on the field for a good 25 min before they carted him off. The lead was never in question as both teams struggled in the 1st qtr. In the second SR QB Jacory Harris one series after throwing a pick in the endzone connected with WR Travis Benjamin for a 50 yard score. Jacory had a strong game settling his team down after losing Lamar. His stats for the game 11-16 fpr 171 yards. Here he his is throwing up the "U" and getting the crowd into the game.
    [​IMG]
    You could not say the same for OSU FR QB Braxton Miller as he spent most of the day on the ground and passed for only 45 yards. He was sacked 6 times twice by JR DT Marcus Fortson. He also turned the ball over twice throwing one of those picks to JR FS Vaughn Telemaque. Sean Spence again led the defense with 6 tackles 3 TFL and 1 sack. "We played a very solid game on D we only gave up 8 1st downs and a total of 118 yards of total offense. It was a group effort. When Lamar went down I told the Dline that we were not gonna let them score. We would kick their ass all the way back to Columbus. I got calls all week from Willis (Mcgahee),Ed (Reed),Ken (Dorsey) all the guys from the 2002 team they wanted a win they could be proud about. Well I think we gave it too them." said Spence after the game. After Miller went down Mike James (12 att 54 yards) and Eduardo Clements (8 att 62 yards 2 td's) stepped up with some hard yards. Leading the WR's were Benjamin (3 rec 84 yards 1 td), Allen Hurns (3 rec 42 yards) and Tommy Streeter (3 rec 36 yards). Kansas State comes to town next week bringing the brothers Brown. It will be a reunion of sorts as Arthur attended Miami and Bryce was once committed to the Canes. Miami should be ranked by this time next week we will find out if the ranking is legit or if both Miami and OSU are overrated.

9. jandy

jandy Walk On

Sorry to hear about Miller, mcyork. Congrats on the win, but you're right, that's a tough loss

10. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

[​IMG][​IMG]

ESCAPE FROM L.A. !! 28-17 Victory

Texas slides by UCLA in a game it probably should have lost thanks to two scores in the final 30 seconds of the game. These teams were pretty evenly matched and UCLA QB Kevin Prince went 12-18 for 170 yards and looked like he was set to take over the game after a first half in which he engineered scoring drives capped off by running it into the endzone himself. Texas WR Marquise Goodwin continues to be the only bright spot for the Longhorns offensively as he had 2 receptions both for TDs that kept them in the game and sent things to 17-14 UCLA up at the half.​

In the second half the defenses took over and neither UT or UCLA could find paydirt, it looked as if UCLA would shock Texas and get the 3 point win at home, but in the final minute the offense finally played with a sense of urgency. QB Garrett Gilbert engineered a drive all the way down to the 1 after hooking up with his TE a few times where back up running back Shead was able to get the TD on a toss play with :38 left on the clock to send UT ahead 21-17. The defense then came out and forced a fumble from QB Prince which was picked up and returned for a TD to seal the victory at 28-17.​

A poor performance by Texas, said Coach Ingram after the game. If they continue to play this way things may get ugly once they get into Big 12 play against the Oklahomas and TAMUs of the world.​

POTG is WR Marquise Goodwin 2 Rec, 52 Yards, 2 TDs, 106 KR Yards​

11. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

^^Matt this always seems to be the way with these games slip by a team that has inferior talent then wax a team that is really good...sometimes I just don't know

12. Bucs

yeah, just depends on how much BS the CPU wants to put you through that day I guess

13. sonn

sonn Walk On

Man FSU blows. The few times I even got anything going on offense, I either fumbled, dropped passes or got sacked. :mad:

14. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

#15[​IMG][​IMG]

Dawgs earn 3rd straight win
    Aaron Murray was player of the game with only 186 and 1 TD but he went 12/21 and had1 rushing TD. Isaiah Crowell was really the player of the game with 126 yards rushing and 1 TD. The Dawgs play Ole Miss next week.​

rmg wk 3 yr1 sb.PNG rmg wk 3 yr1 sb 2.PNG rmg wk3 yr1 ts.PNG

15. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Gators Refuse to Lose!

Tennessee leaves Gainesville in bitter defeat after falling to Florida 42-10!

Turnovers play big in the Gators win. Powell would lead the charge with 3 sacks and Jenkins with 2. Bray seemed to be on his back nearly the entire game, but was still able to pass for 200 yards. There was really no star on Florida's offense because it was more of a team effort, but Debose would haul in 6 catches for 89yds and score.

Florida has to play Kentucky next then its back home to play Bama.

16. jandy

jandy Walk On

OU @ FSU 2011.PNG

Oklahoma's defense leads them to a 24-0 victory against Florida State

The Sooner defense came to play against FSU, as they held the Seminole rushing attack to -36 yards on 12 carries. They pressured FSU QB EJ Manuel all day, sacking him 5 times and picking him off 3 times. Senior CB Jamell Fleming had 2 INT's of his own.
    On the offensive side of the ball, QB Landry Jones played well, completing 30 of 39 passes for 337 yards and 2 TD, but also 2 tossing INT. Starting HB Roy Finch averaged 7.1 ypc and WR Ryan Broyles added a 3 yard TD run on a sweep to the left. WR Kenny Stills received player of the game honors as he caught 15 passes for 206 yards and a TD.

Oklahoma opens Big XII play next week when Missouri comes to Norman. The Sooners look to carry the momentum from this week's huge win into their match-up with the Tigers.

17. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

sonn
    What's your schedule like tomorrow? I'm not really planning on playing tonight cause I have to be at work before 8. I'm available tomorrow night anytime.

18. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

Auburn.jpg

Auburn traveled to Denton, Texas to take on North Texas in Week 3 of the reg season. UNT struck first
    off a tipped pass for a td to Willie Taylor that covered 53 yards. Auburn struck back with a 98 yard kickoff return for
    td by Onterio McCaleb. Auburn finished the game by scoring 31 straight unanswered points and were able to get the
    second string in to play the 4th quarter.

Stats:
    Clint Moseley 13 of 17 164 yds 1 td
    Onterio McCaleb 8 att 79 yds 1 td
    Michael Dyer 12 att 61 yds 1 td
    Emory Blake 6 catches for 83 yds

19. LSUTRUTH

Bulldog lets get this thing crackin

20. sonn

sonn Walk On

Whats the earliest and latest you can play tomorrow?

21. LSUTRUTH

What Can Brown do for you?????????

Brothers Arther and Bryce Brown lead Kansas State to an impressive win today over Miami. All the Brown Brothers did was combine for 13 carries 201 yards 3 TD, 2 catches for 44 yards, 7 tackles, 1 Int returned for TD, Multiple touchdown saving tackles. Yes that was the Game the Brown bothers played. Bryce opened the game wide open with a Long TD run of 64 yards and his brother would respond at the end of the 2nd with an 81 yard INT for TD.

Miami made a few key mistakes and KSU made them pay. Overall it was a great competitive game and either team could of won but on this day it was the Wildcats. 34-17

BTW im retarded and just exited the game so no highlights :( dumb me

22. Bucs

wow nice win

23. LSUTRUTH

its was a great deal

24. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

sonn

It depends on work. It could be an early day and I'd be done by 2ish. If not I could play around 730. If we're on a 24 hr advance I'll make sure we can get it done. If we get 36-48, I could probably play til fairly late friday night or sometime saturday would work. Tomorrow is tricky to pinpoint because of work and I might be taking my wife to a comedy show that we couldn't go to thurs night. Either way at some point I'll have time, just not exactly sure when that'll be. Sorry...what's your schedule for Friday-Saturday?

25. sonn

sonn Walk On

Anytime on Saturday works for me. Tomorrow the earlier the better because I'll be spending the night with the girlfriend.