Week 3 Game Summaries(2012)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bulldog, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

post them here.

2. sonn

sonn Walk On

FSU gets off to fast start, coasts to 38-3 win over Maryland​

The Seminoles scored 21 points in the 1st quarter including 2 touchdowns in back to back offensive plays which sparked the romp over the Terrapins in College Park. FSU opened the scoring when dime back Nick Waisome intercepted an errant pass from Danny O'Brien and took it 86 yards for a touchdown. After forcing a 3 and out the Seminole offense took the ball for the first time and on their second play from scrimmage star RB Chris Thompson took the handoff 58 yards for a touchdown. After the defense once again forced the Terrapins to punt, FSU came out in the same formation but this time called a play action pass which Maryland bit on completely allowing QB EJ Manuel to find WR Kenny Shaw for an easy 69 yard touchdown pass.​

Maryland finally got on the board with 5:20 left in the 2nd half on 30 yard Nick Ferrara field goal. The FSU defense struck again when ROLB Jeff Luc forced O'Brien to fumble the ball which was picked up by CB Xavier Rhodes who took it in for the touchdown. It marked the 4th score by the defense in just 2 games. FSU later added a late field goal to take a 31-3 lead into halftime. In the 2nd half the Seminole defense was dominating and even when the Terrapins offense drove down the field, the drive always seemed to end in a turnover.​

FSU Key Player​
    RB Chris Thompson 17 Carries 140 Yards 1 TD​

3. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Texas 54
    West Virginia 21

Texas gives WVU a not so warm welcome to the big 12 and dominates them on both sides of the ball. 6 sacks, 2 WRs over 100 yards, 4 passing TD's , and 60 minutes later Texas came away with the 54-21 win. WR Marquise Goodwin was unstoppable with 188 yards and 2 tds and Mark Davis was making outstanding 1 handed catches all day including 1 for a TD. Case McCoy had a near perfect performance with 4 TDs and they look to be headed strong into next weeks match up with alabama.

4. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

UF 21
    Convicts 6

Miami would come out strong in the first half putting up 6 points and holding the gators to only 14. The 2nd half would be mostly eaten up by the Gators and the running game led by Mack Brown who would put up a season high 171 yards and 3 scores. Florida's defense was very good once again forcing multiple turnovers and not allowing a touchdown in the redzone.

UnOfficially UF has not allowed a TD this season(but on the books because of the sim against Clemson I think there is 3) and if not for the disconnect, would be the top ranked defense in the NCAA.

GG mcyork like I said, it took me half the friggin game to figure out your defense. Looking forward to our game next season in Miami.

5. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

VT downs Oregon big 45-10

Logan Thomas had a career day throwing for 372 yards with 4 Touchdowns as VT cruised over VT. Playing against a stacked box Thomas completed deep ball after deep ball. Once the Ducks went to a 2 deep Gregory went to work. Totaling 80 yards and a 30 yard scamper. Holmes the back up added 31 yards and 2 touchdowns one in garbage time. Marcus Davis Went for a career best 206 yards and 3 touchdowns and looked like a man posessed. Overall Oregon just had nothing D Thomas sucked and VT played great defense

6. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!