Week 3 Game Summaries (2015)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kapono, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

#15 Kansas 66
    #3 Nebraska 38

Kansas came out of the gates ratted by #3 Nebraska's crowd and couldn't get much going. Nebraska scored on their first 3 possessions and Heisman candidate QB Mike Cummings only completed 1 of 10 passes and 1 INT. After that, Cummings dominated, completing his next 17 of 26 passes for 487 yards and 7 TD passes. He also rushed for 44 yards and 1 score from 1 yard out on a QB sneak. Cummings had to lead the offense till about the end of the game, because Kansas's defense couldn't really stop Nebraska. Kansas led 66-38 with 7:31 left in the game, but decided to run the clock out instead of trying to beat Case Keenum's TD record of 9 in 1 game.

Mike Cummings (QB)- 18-36 for 487 yards, 7 TD, INT, 7 carries for 44 yards, TD
    Anthony Pierson (HB)- 21 carries for 79 yards, TD
    Reggie Daniels (WR)- 4 receptions for 146 yards, TD
    Donnie Bell (WR)- 77-yard TD reception
    Doug Gillett (WR)- 2 receptions for 70 yards, TD
    George Wallace (TE)- 3 receptions for 63 yards, TD
    Marquis Jackson (WR)- 3 receptions for 54 yards, 2 TD

2. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Bulldog with 8 minute quarters, if I face a no-huddle team like Nebraska, these stats can be a little to high. I had about 450 pass yards with 7:30 left in the game. And if it were closer, the stats would just have gotten out of hand. I'm in favor of 7 minute quarters, but depends on what you guys think. Bucs I can see how Nebraska could score 83 points on you. Like 16 broken tackles.

3. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

I can roll with 7 minute quarters. Or you could have just chewed the clock.

4. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

Auburn - 41
    Miss St - 14

Auburn dominated the game from start to finish, even after losing starting QB Kiehl Frazier to back spasms in the third quarter. HB Mike Blakely was the key player, running all over the MSU defense and converting a couple of key third downs in the first half. The Tiger defense was in full swing as well, pressuring the quarterback all game and racking up six sacks while only giving up just over 200 yards of offense.

Stats

Passing
    K. Frazier - 8/10, 116 yds, 1 TD/0 INT

Rushing
    M. Blakely - 15 att, 145 yds, 2 TD

Receiving
    Q. Bray - 4 rec, 81 yds, TD
    A. Smith 3 rec, 16 yds

Defensive
    J. Garrett - 6 tack, 5 solo, 4 TFL, 3 sacks
    G. Wright - 4 tack, 2 solo, 3 TFL, sack, FR, TD

5. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I chewed clock all for the last 7:31 b/c I had 66 points. It was mostly because Nebraska ran no-huddle and scored so fast. It might be a 1 time thing, but let's give it a season to see.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

TCU Opens Big 12 Play With 45-31 Rout of West Virginia
    It was a bit of an ugly game, as the two teams would combine for 8 turnovers (3 fumbles for TCU, 5 INTs for WVU) and the defenses would score the first 3 TDs of the game, 2 coming from WVU fumble recoveries, the other a pick 6 for TCU. With WVU holding a 14-7 lead in the 2nd quarter, TCU finally put a full drive together, ending with a game tieing 5 yard TD pass to Corey Moore. The Frogs forced a 3 and out, and on the next possession caught the Mountaineers secondary peeking on play action and Jack King hit Greg Richard for a go ahead 86 yard TD. A 2nd TCU pick 6 would add to the lead, and when Moore caught his 2nd TD pass just before the half ended to give TCU a 35-14 lead, the game was in hand.

On the 2nd play of the 2nd half, the TCU defense would celebrate the hat trick, returning a 3rd INT to the house to widen the score to 42-14. 2 4th quarter WVU TDs against the backups would make the score much closer than it should have been, but the win was never in doubt for the Horned Frogs.

TCU
    Jack King; 13 of 23, 215 yards, 3 TDs, 1 fumble
    Heath Noel; 25 carries, 70 yards, 2 fumbles
    Corey Moore; 5 catches, 35 yards, 2 TDs
    Greg Richard; 1 catch, 86 yards, 1 TD
    Blake Brown; 5 catches, 56 yards

WVU
    Caleb Alford; 19 of 36, 296 yards, 2 TDs, 5 INTs
    Vernard Roberts; 13 carries, 22 yards
    Dante Campbell; 5 catches, 80 yards

7. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Maryland 41
    Miami 17

Miami drops one at home in a game that was not competitive at all. A sad day to be a Hurricane. The Canes just were unable to finish drives and couldn't stop The Terps at all. We did pass for 300 yards but it just wasn't enough.

8. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Missouri holds on to beat Kentucky. The Missouri defense came out strong again and was able to hold Kentucky to 14 points throughout the entire game but they let up in the 4th quarter and Kentucky scored 13 unanswered points to make the game competitive but the offense was able to close out the game.

9. jandy

jandy Walk On

#9 Oklahoma 51​
    Duke 14

Oklahoma won this one easily, as they took down the Blue Devils in Durham, NC. HB Brad McMillan and the defense led the Sooners to victory. McMillan ran it 26 times for 154 yards and 3 TD, and the defense took an interception and a fumble recovery to the house. Oklahoma exploded for 38 points in the second quarter, and cruised through the second half on the way to the win.​

10. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Gamecocks limp out of Athens!
    [​IMG]

The Bulldogs faced rival South Carolina in week 3 and didn't disappoint beating them 39-9. QB Christian Lemay was named player of the game after completing 11 out of 22 passes for 288 yards and 4 touchdowns. HB Titus Johnson ran 19 times for 95 yards but had 0 TDs. Next week the Bulldogs face Alabama at home and hope to win another conference game.