Week 3 Game Summaries, S 1

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by DMan22, Jul 26, 2011.

1. DMan22

DMan22 Walk On

Adv is at 8 on Thurs!

2. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Ohio goes down 31-12 in my best game of the year

finally, I got a game to relax and play a weaker opponent and really learn how to use my team. I'm still very inaccurate passing but Graham had 154 yards and 2 TDs on his 5 completions. Used the ground game well as MiniTron ran for 77 on 14 and Mr Ward ran for 54 on 11 with 2 scores.

Defense played great. 5 sacks on the day, 2 each by my DEs boosting Curry to 5.5 already this year through 3 games. The freshman Phillip Warren grabbed a big interception while Roberts scooped up two fumbles on the day while also dominating special teams proving that he will be an exciting player for the next 3 years

for marshall, we move to 2-1. being in the east, it is going to take a great year to play for the conference title

3. a Robbed Lung

a Robbed Lung Legendary Veterans

[​IMG][​IMG]

Blazers Outplayed In The Rain, Lose to Tulane 45-21.

Tulane simply wanted it more. It was a pretty close game until the end of the 3rd quarter. We were down by 7 and just forced Tulane to punt. The offense was confident on the sideline after a very emotional speech by Coach Lung. But on the next play, UAB fumbled the ball and it was recovered by Tulane, leading to a touchdown two plays later. It was in the past, nothing we could do about it except move on. We had the entire 4th quarter, it was no biggie. But then on the ensuing kickoff, HB Pat Shed fumbled the ball. Tulane then drove down the field to increase their lead. From then on it was all Tulane, and UAB looked as if they had lost all hope. Final: Tulane 45 - UAB 21. GG MMM.

4. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Running Game Helps UCF Remain Perfect

UCF 42
    FIU 28

UCF’s offense played very well for the first time this season, especially running the ball. UCF rushed for 384 yards, but was more impressive if that they were 1 yard away from having 3 players run for 100 yards. The defense was the weak spot as they just could not stop FIU’s spread passing attack. FIU passed for over 400 yards, but UCF did show potential by intercepting 5 passes. QB Jeff Godfrey played well passing for 113 yards on 15 passing attempts and rushing for 112 yards and 2 TD on just 6 attempts. Godfrey made the play of the game on his own 31-yard line on 3rd and 5. Dropping back, Godfrey saw nobody open and ran up the middle for the first. After breaking a tackle, Godfrey had no one in front of him and sprinted 69 yards for the score.

UCF Player Stats
    Jeff Godfrey (QB)- 6-15 for 113 yards, INT, 6 carries for 112 yards, 2 TD
    Brynn Harvey (HB)- 18 carries for 99 yards, 2 TD
    Latavious Murray (HB)- 13 carries for 124 yards, TD
    Ronnie Weaver (HB)- 4 carries for 42 yards
    AJ Guyton (WR)- 2 receptions for 53 yards
    Quincy McDuffie (WR)- 1 reception for 25 yards, KR TD
    Josh Linam (MLB)- 11 tackles
    Josh Robinson (FS)- 4 tackles, 2 INT
    Clayton Geathers (SS)- 7 tackles, TFL, 2 INT
    AJ Bouye (CB)- 4 tackles, INT

UCF is now 3-0 after 3 unimpressive non-conference wins. They face BYU in week 4 before opening up CUSA play against Marshall.

5. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Ok State 70
    Tulsa 22

Not much to say, we got throttled by one of the best offenses in the nation...... We were over matched and it seemed like every Cowboy reciever had no one within 15 yard of them when they caught the ball. Man I swear the first 4 games on my schedule have to be the toughest of any team in the nation, 3 of the 4 are top 7 in the nation, and we played a Tulane team that is looking very dangerous this year. Hopefully we fair a little better against Boise St. and heisman hopeful Kellen Moore.

6. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

Memphis 41 - Akron 6

Akron only managed to kick 2 FGs against Memphis. Memphis' shut down Akron all game. Once again, (2/3) this game was played in the rain. Memphis spread the ball around in the passing game. However, QB Jones made 2 bad throws that led to INTs. Rhodes continued to lead the team and carried the ball for over 100 yards and scored 3 times on the ground. Coach Noffke is happy with the progress so far but knows that things are going to get tougher in conference play. Coach Noffke has a huge match-up against a more dominate SMU team next week.

7. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

SMU: 58
    Arkansas St: 13

SMU came out slow but the 2nd quarter (which seems to be by best quarter in this years game) was a big boost. Cole Beasley came into form when he scored on a deep ball and a KR. Kyle Pardon finally played a pick free game and Zach Line got the running game going. The new playbook fits my style more and it is showing.

8. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

UTEP 19 NMSU 15

Coming into this game UTEP thought they had an easy win NMSU played like Oklahoma out there. It was hard to get the run game going dives, powers anything wouldn't work. And our horrid QB threw INT after INT it was just a awful game for the Miners. I'm glad we were able to pull off the win. Lets just hope it continues throughout the weeks.

9. Mad Money Merk

Mad Money Merk aka The G.O.A.T

SOLID WIN FOR COACH SLIM SHADY AND TULANE
    This was truly a game of two halves. The first half was a close battle with UAB scoring first early in the 1st quarter, followed up by a TD by Tulane tieing the game at 7-7. The 2nd quarter again UAB was first to score on Nolen Smith WR #85 50 yard pass from Bryan Ellis QB #10. However, late in the 2nd quarter with 1:03 left in the 1st half, the Greenwave scored on Joe Kemp WR #7 27 yard pass from Ryan Griffin QB #11. The disappointing piece to that score with the missed extra point that resulted in UAB going into halftime with a 14-13 lead. The 2nd half was a totally different game with Tulane putting their foot on the gas and never let up. Tulane scored 4 TDs in the 2nd half and a 1 FG compared to UABs 1 TD. HB Orleans Darkwa was a key player in the 2nd half with 123 yds, 2 TDs and a HUGE 75 yard scamper that put distance between Tulane and UAB. Tulane controlled the TOP with 17:30 minutes of clock time and 503 yards of total offense. Yet, winning the turn over battle was the key. Tulane only had 1 INT compared to UAB 3 fumbles lost. GG A Robbed Lung!!!

10. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Hey DMan22 looks like everybody's played this week already.

11. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

I think Irishbearcat still has to play his game against the CPU. I know he is on a business trip so Im not sure if he put himself on auto