Week 3 Game Summaries, S7

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by -Cougars-, May 9, 2011.

1. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I got you Irish. They go here.

2. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

Week 3

OSU 10 - Air Force 51

So far my team has not suffered any major injuries 3 weeks into the season. RB Barrett continues to impress me since this is his 15th straight game without fumbling the football.

The Air Force defense stuffed OSU run game only allowing 80 yards on 22 carries. The defense forced one INT and caused OSU to go 2-9 on third down and only allowed a FG in two trips to the redzone. OSU's only TD of the game came in the 4th quarter when the game was out of reach and backups were in.

The Air Force offense continued to shine. QB Smith had a solid passing game and QB Berry came in often and had a solid performance. Coach Noffke is excited about the talent of his QBs especially after the signing QB Bryan McDonald, the #2 QB in the nation and the #26 recruit in the Top 150, this week. The run game saw several RBs get carries and even FB Fisk played a lot of time at HB.

3. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Thanks buddy. (y)

4. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Haha no problem my good man.

5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

[​IMG]

UNLV Notches It's First Win Against the Horned Frogs

UNLV came out of the gates with one goal. Win. And you could tell from the first defensive drive with holding a touted TCU offense to a field goal. Then when Brent came out with a passion and ran his heart out. Even though it was only 69 yards, it was enough to move the chains and keep the ball with the Rebels. "We needed this one. Amir went down early and I almost had a conniption with my oline. But they got it together and Amir had time and Brent found some holes. It was all a very good thing for this week" Says coach Beardown. Next week, UNLV is on a bye then Nevada comes to town with a plethora of recruits coming.

6. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

USC USC USC!
    cuff em! I dont care if it's "your" house!

USC receives, and I force a fumble on the FIRST play! but they get it back. and still go 3/out!
    Everett and Tate are healthy! a nice long drive goes 77 yards and Andrews finds Bowers for a TD to go up 7-0!

USC get a long drive for themselves but a jump ball in the endzone gets intercepted by clark!
    Aztecs set up another long drive and banks finds the endzone to open the 2nd quarter! 14-0

USC fumbles the kickoff over the me but a conservative 3 and out sets up a short FG to go up 17-0

USC responds with a monster KR to midfield. but a few plays later, Clark continues a monster game with his 2nd int!
    it takes 2 plays and Andrews hits Everett on a 59 yard score! his first career TD reception. 24-0!

not helping, a 3 and out for SC.
    just before half, SDSU caps off a nice drive with ANOTHER touchdown! this one coming from Tate on the ground. 31-0!
    Andrews can do no wrong, he is 12/13 for 261 yards and 3 scores. take is only 24 yards on 12 carries

unfortunately, the SC back broke a 73 yard carry to end the half. my entire team had a shot at the tackle and all the sudden he was past them all no broken tackles.

I return the kick. one more score and I think my starters are about done. but Andrews cooled down at half and missed his 2 attempts. and a poor punt
    SC kicks a 61 yard attempt!! and it comes up abotu 10 yards short. Everett takes it and runs it back 99 yards for his first return TD of what could be many! 38-7

USC continues to struggle. 3 and out
    A big clipping call erases a 1st down and sets up a very long 3rd down that still cant slow down the offense. next play, Andrews hits Carroll on the outside and he beat a tackler and goes 53 yards to score to go up 45-7, ending the game for the starters with more then a quarter and a half to play. BLOWOUT

USC missed another FG short that Everett could only take to about the 30. then, using the running game, they marched a long drive into FG range
    late in the game, USC broke a run and got in the endzone. 48-13. after an onside kick, Medley went untouched directly up the middle on a 41 yard score :O

FINAL! 55-14 :O
    after a pathetic passing showing last week, Andrews rebounds with possibly the greatest game of his career. 24.2 YPC, and the 4 scores and still no INTs through 3 games. Tate ran for 79 yards and the one score on 17 carries, helped with a 40 yard break out. 8 players caught a pass, including 7 of them with over 20 yard catches and 4 different players scoring. amazing game all around. other then the one fluke long run by USC, they only managed one scoring drive and just 83 pass yards! Vaughn again led the team in tackles but only with 6. Brown and Hudson each recorded sacks and clark had his 2 ints. brown, Bell, Holman forced fumbles while Bradley (the kicker) and Kelly recovered one each.

as far as corners, Bell was picked on hard core, and everyone else locked down!
    Clark: 0/2 with 2 interceptions
    Dawson: 0/5 with 2 passes batted down
    Holman: 0/1
    Carroll: 0/2 with 1 Pass batted down
    Frank: 0/1 with 1 Pass batted down
    Martin: 0/1 with 1 Pass batted down
    Bell: 6/7 for 46 yards and 1 pass batted down

3-0!

7. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Lobos leave Ypsilanti with a blowout victory
    Unm 31
    EMU 12

After nearly coming up with a last second win in last weeks game against Wyoming, New Mexico came out in week 2 focused and ready play against Eastern Michigan. Although they started slow, only scoring 3 point in the first quarter, the offense erupted in the second quarter, scoring 2 td's on the ground. Freshman QB Aaron Cooks was responsible for all of the Lobos scoring, rushing for 3 td's on the ground including a 63 yard touchdown dash, and hooking up through the air with WR Joel Lloyd for 27 yards in the third quarter. When asked about the play of his freshman backup, Coach Baker said " When we recruited Aaron (Cook), we had no idea he would come in and be such an impact immediately for us, he was everywhere this week. but on the flip side, I would like to see a better effort from the rest of our playmakers next week though, we just cant rely on a freshman week after week to provide all of our scoring." The Lobos take the field next week against Coach Irishbearcat and his Colorado State Rams, in what has become a heated rivalry in recent seasons. Both coaches have a working relationship and mutually respect each others programs immensely. That match-up will defintely live up to all expectations.

• Like Like x 2
  8. IrishBearcat

Glad to see the Condoms were put ripped another one while forced into the fetal position, very good!

The Hokies were nasty, I hope PSU are nice kitties.

9. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Good win bro. Always good to see some still being able to turn a program around with a newborn.

10. IrishBearcat

Definitely a rivalry out of respect for the Coach on the other side, not like some of my others where I hate my opponent with a passion! :p

11. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Lmao the feeling is mutual bro! Hopefully u don't run up the score next week lol

12. IrishBearcat

Only on Air Force and Wyoming :)

13. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

[​IMG]

14. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Please, you don't hate me with a passion!

15. IrishBearcat

----------------------------------------------
    NEWLY IMPLEMENTED 3-4 DEFENSIVE SCHEME
    AIDS RAMS IN SHOCKING UPSET OVER PENN STATE
    ----------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]

Coach IrishBearcat unveiled the new defensive scheme against the #2 ranked Penn State Nittany Lions. The Rams were able to completely shutdown Penn State and their potent offense holding them to less than 75 yards passing and under 100 yards rushing. The Rams took a 10-0 halftime lead with a Darius Horne Touchdown and a field goal. In the second half freshman RB Adam Robertson started to pick up steam and had a beautiful 18 yard touchdown run that sealed the deal for the Rams to walk away with an upset over the #2 ranked team in the country.

"Now that's CSU Football," exclaimed Coach IrishBearcat, "We have a lot of kinks to work on the defense as the team becomes more acclimated to the new scheme but I think we'll be able to get it running very efficiently once we hit the meat of conference play."

Next week, CSU travels to New Mexico. The last time they played on the Lobo's home turf they amassed a miracle comeback to sneak away with the win 32-28, which what has started a very interesting rivalry between Coach BakerWildcat and Coach IrishBearcat. Stay tuned!

16. DMan22

DMan22 Walk On

WEEK 3

UTAH-63
    UTAH STATE-21

In a game termed Battle of the Brothers, this had all the appearances of big brother bullying his little brother all game long! RB Brandon Moore ran for 223 yds and 3 TD's, as the Utes were able to bounce back from their first loss of the season in excellenct fashion. Coach DMan was impressed by Moore's ability to break tackles and keep falling forward on every run. He "...literally was a battering ram on several occasions today," the head coach remarked after the game. Unfortunately, starting QB Neal Thompson is lost for 9 weeks after he broke his ribs throwing a TD pass early in the second quarter.

Up next, Coach DMan faces his old Wyoming Cowboys, whom he has compiled a 2-2 record in his four previous meetings. Coach Duke has had the advantage as of the past couple of years, as he has reeled off two convincing wins the past two years. Coach DMan says this game will be of very high significance even though the season is only in week four. Both teams come into the game at 2-1 respectively.

17. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Wyoming 27 Tulane 20

Coach Duke is getting really fed up with his team. Wyoming knew they were the better team going into this game and Coach Duke bragging saying this was going to be an easy blowout victory. After the Cowboys going up 27-6 they just seemed to stop playing and Tulane took advantage of that. Easily coming back in the game. They were on the Cowboys 4 yard line before time expired to end the game. Coach Duke just silently walked into the locker room. The Cowboys aren't feeling too confident playing the Utes next week.

18. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BYU traveled to the Big House to face #6 Michigan in week 3. All the experts thought this game was sure to be an high-scoring affair, with two explosive offenses going at it. It turned out to be quite the opposite, an affair that ended with a mere 27 points combined from both teams. The Cougar defense would hold Michigan to a TD in the first, and a FG in the second. Beyond that, the Wolverines could not find the scoreboard. BYU was aided by Michigan's horrible kicker, who struggled all day. C. Andrews and company did just enough to edge out a huge win against a top ten opponent. This should bring some much needed respect to the MWC, and prove we can hang with anyone.​

19. IrishBearcat

The Mike Leach of the MWC? Lmao

20. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Ha!