Week 3 Game Summaries, S8

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by fuzzyl0gic, May 28, 2011.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Do it!

2. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

Air Force 52 - Wash 24

Air Force shutdown Washington all game and gave up two late TDs when backups were in. The story of the day was QB Berry. He was on fire and passed for 385 yards, the most by a QB under Coach Noffke. Coach Noffke after the game stated he is glad to see his young SO QB progressing each week. The Air Force defense forced to fumbles and recovered each one. Air Force has their biggest matchup of the season in week 4 when CSU comes to town for a night game.

3. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I loosened them up for you obviously.

4. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

we played slightly over 7 quarters... and the total of the games was exactly equal for each team. but the 2nd attempt that we actually finished, he came out on top. fun game. I started a true frosh QB. he played fairly well but Wyoming defenders made some nice highlight plays. I'm also not used to the lefty QB. gonna be an interesting year and I understand it

5. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Wyoming 30 SDSU 24

Good game all around. There was great defense on both sides as Wyoming's secondary came up with 3 clutch interceptions the whole game. Coach Duke is feeling confident in his team they are now 3-0 (1-0) in conference play and feeling great. Cade Juno went 19-25 with 2 TD's and 1 INT for 265 yards. Our White Pride running back George Anderson had 165 yards on the ground. That surprised a lot of the fans since Wyoming is a pass first team. I have to say the running game confused SDSU just a bit. Both teams played great and I wish the Aztecs the best of luck the rest of the season.

6. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

New Mexico Upsets Nebraska
    New Mexico 23
    Nebraska 3

23-3? New Mexico’s defense played an almost perfect game. They allowed just one field goal and scored a TD on a fumble return in the 1st quarter. New Mexico started off fast, scoring on their first possession, then ten seconds later on defense. At first, Nebraska was shutting down the running game, but as the Lobos kept running inside, wholes started to form on the tired defense. New Mexico led 17-3 at half with a last second field goal inside the Nebraska 10. They did not show any signs of giving up the lead as the defense held and the offense managed 2 field goals. The QB controversy is now over as Scott Johnson passed for 161 yards on 12-18 passing and 1 TD. The Lobos forced Nebraska out of their comfort zone of running the ball, and were able to play pass defense well all game. Nebraska QB John Miller went 17-25 for 177 yards but was sacked 4 times. New Mexico’s D held Nebraska to less than 200 yards of total offense. The UNM offense was not spectacular, scoring just 1 TD, but the defense will be the unit that wins games this season. New Mexico is now 1-1 and will face New Mexico State in week 4!

Team Stats
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Stat Nebraska UNM
    1st Downs 11 13
    Total Offense 191 262
    Rush Yards 14 101
    Pass Yards 177 161
    3rd Down Conversions 3-11 4-10
    Turnovers 1 1
    T.O.P. 12:59 15:01

New Mexico Player Stats
    Scott Johnson (QB)- 12-18 for 161 yards, TD
    Will Burton (HB)- 11 carries for 30 yards, 2 receptions for 13 yards
    Tyler McNair (HB)- 10 carries for 64 yards
    Gavin Banks (WR/HB)- 1 reception for 12 yards, 2 carries for 15 yards
    Kevin Gooden (WR)- 4 receptions for 86 yards, TD
    Brad Avery (DE)- 3 tackles, 2 sacks
    Jeremy Miller (DT)- 4 tackles, 2 sacks
    Tim McPherson (DE)- 2 tackles, FR for TD

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

And yes, I did have a restart. I was up 10-7 in the 3rd quarter and the game froze. I sent a picture to IrishBearcat, but can't figure how to get it on the laptop.

8. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

White running back?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Lmao! But that is correct White running back is doing them in, if I keep running the ball like that I will surpass UNLV's Keith (y)

10. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

11. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I got one of them too ;) Ken Keith, but he's hurt for another week.

Hey hey hey. Brent Williams is a G. 181 yards vs fuzzy. Kicking ass and taking names. So settle yourself.

12. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

You must have a hell of an offensive line there! So I'm guessing you got the win?

13. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Barely! Fuzzy is a damn good coach... I honestly hate playing him. I got lucky with some INTs.

14. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I have to admit that's what happened with me and Oshio I was lucky to pull out the win.

15. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

COLORADO STATE 13
    #23 WISCONSIN 0

A very defensive game was awfully boring. My team opened up with a solid 3-and-out and got a decent drive going. Settled for a field goal after backup QB Austin Pittman was unable to pick up a yard on 3rd and 1 on a QB dive play. Nailed the field goal right down the middle to take a 3-0 lead.

No points were scored in the second quarter with 3 total turnovers committed by both teams.

Added a field goal to open up the second half to give my Rams a 6-0 lead. Finally hit a big play in the fourth with my slot WR beating a LB on a streak route for six. Ended up ousting Wisconsin at home 13-0.