Week 3: Houston vs Denver

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by I Peench, Sep 27, 2012.

1. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Jul 1, 2010
    Pesky Broncos Keep it Close

All Pro WR Andre Johnson added another touchdown Sunday

Coming into this game, Houston knew it had to gameplan around QB Peyton Manning. Manning, they feared, would rip them apart if given the time. That was indeed the case for much of the day, as for much of the first half Houston struggled to consistently get pressure on Peyton. As a result, the former Super Bowl MVP put up 350 yards and a score on Houston. In the second half, the Texans dialed it up a notch, sacking the QB 5 times with 5 different defensive lineman. This resulted in some mistakes on Peyton's behalf, as he threw two interception that shifted the momentum in favor of Houston.

For the Texans, Schaub had another stellar performance throwing for 323 yards 2 TD and 1 INT. Foster had yet another 100 yard rushing game, and Andre Johnson put together another solid game with 7 catches and a touchdown. Though the Broncos did struggle to get the run game going, Demarius Thomas had a monster day, catching 5 passes for 108 yards and a score.

The Broncos, down 32-17 with a few minutes remaining, put together a touchdown drive and recovered the onside kick. They were very much in this one until the end. GG nellycuz, a few unlucky breaks gave me this game.
  2. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

Jul 24, 2012
    verry good game man...I get greedy at times and try to go deep when short routes are working and end up throwing INTs. We will learn though...great game...foster is hard to stop, you got a good running game and passing game going. keep it up!