Week 3: Jaguars 34, Eagles 10

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Week 3: Jaguars 34, Eagles 10

Jaguar SMASH!

[​IMG]

September 5, 2010

By: Harry Stone, Jacksonville Post-Intelligencer

JACKSONVILLE, FL- Vegas isn't happy. The Jacksonville Jaguars couldn't care less.

In a result that has cost gamblers hundreds of millions of dollars, the Jaguars dismantled the Philadelphia Eagles 34-10 at home in a rematch of last year's OMFL Bowl.

The Jags used a stifling defense and a steady dose of Maurice Jones-Drew to get the revenge they've had on their minds for quite some time.

"It's a game we've had marked on the calendar since the clock hit zero during OMFL Bowl III," said Coach Dunlap. "We posted it right at the end of the locker room, right next to the final score, that way our guys would have to see it every time they took the field. It's nice to get a bit of a monkey off our backs."

The Jaguars are a team that has struggled to win the big games in Dunlap's four seasons as their head coach. Naysayers have even said that last year's AFC Championship was a fluke that couldn't be repeated with a high turnover on offense and defense.

What this team has shown is the ability to run the football and play a physical, suffocating style of defense that has frustrated their opponents. In this game,

Maurice Jones-Drew was electric from the opening snap racking up 217 yards and a touchdown on 22 carries. It was the second time in the opening three games that MJD has eclipsed the 200 yard rushing mark.

Equally as impressive was a Jaguars secondary that was tested all day long by the high octane passing offense of the Eagles. The Green Machine forced five interceptions by the leagues leading passer, Kevin Kolb. Although Kolb racked up his usual good yardage (304), he completed only 12 of 39 passes and was sacked 7 times. Cornerback Rasheen Mathis, nearly traded multiple times in the offseason, showed he remains a valuable part of the Jaguar defense by intercepting a career high three passes, including one he returned for a back breaking touchdown in the third quarter.

The defensive front pressured Kolb all day long, with two sacks each by Aaron Kampman and newly aquired defensive tackle Pat Simms. Shawne Marriman and Kirk Morrison also got to Kolb.

While having another mediocre game statistically, Jacksonville quarterback David Garrard seemed much more confmortable in the pocket against the Eagles, as he ran the offense efficiently by tacking sacks when he needed to and finding the open receivers when they presented themselves. Garrard did throw for his first touchdown pass of the season, a 77 yard spectacular catch and run by reserve wide receiver Kaseem Osgood.

The Jacksonville win meant that Vegas sports bettors managed to lose a whopping $314 million, the most lopsided loss for bettors against bookies in the history of professional football.

The Jaguars (3-0) go on the road next week to face their annual nemesis, the Indianapolis Colts (0-3).

--------------------------------

Good game Vishal. I caught a lot of breaks with my CBs making some unreal plays on the football. It's always a pleasure playing you. Can never tell which way our games are going to go, but one thing's for sure. . .you still beat me when it really counted ;) Hope to see you later this season!

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in the money....
    I'm in the money.....
    I got a lot of what it takes to get along!!!!!!!!!

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

Haha....nice bet. I would have lost all my 'money' if I was allowed to bet on my game.

4. VishaL

VishaL OMFL Eagles / PMFL Seahawks

Good Game Dunlap, you look very focused this year my pick to go all the way , hats off, i couldnt get anything going, spectacular defense in jacksonville