Week 3 Packers @ Bears

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by _MG_, Sep 7, 2011.

1. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    CHITOWN BEATDOWN
    Forte, Bears roll right through Packers 29-10

[​IMG]

Chicago, IL​

The Bears might have had a rocky start, but they had a fantastic finish to this week 3 game against the defending champion Green Bay Packers. Matt Forte fumbled on his very first carry and the Packer defense scooped it for a touchdown. After that play, Forte was a man on a mission. "I had to make it up to my team, my guys. I felt really awful after that first carry, so I knew I had to put my team on the back the rest of the way. I wasn't going down that easy!" said Forte. He went on a rampage the rest of the way, carrying the ball 30 times for over 165 yards. Jay Cutler had a solid game, throwing the ball only 7 times but completing 6 passes including a 25-yard touchdown toss to Johnny Knox. The story, however, was the Bears defense. They not only held the Packers to under 100 total yards, they sacked Super Bowl MVP Aaron Rodgers 7 times, including a second quarter safety. Julius Peppers and Anthony Adams both sacked Rodgers 2 times and Israel Idonije, Corey Wootton and Stephen Paea all added one of their own. The Bears defense also picked off Rodgers twice and shut down the Packers run game to nothing.​

All around victory for the Bears, who hope to carry the momentum from the past 2 blowout wins against the Carolina Panthers and star rookie Cam Newton home at Soldier Field in Week 4.​

2. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
  3. thebouncer24

thebouncer24 Cheese Like MG

Nice Win