Week 3: Panthers (28) @ Cowboys (34)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Claven, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

Oct 8, 2009
    Week 3: Panthers (28) @ Cowboys (34)

Panthers @ Cowboys

Panthers came into Dallas looking to turn around last weeks lost to the Falcons. Without D. Williams the Panthers needed a big game from M. Goodson. Thats what they got. Goodson finished the game with 19 rushes for 136 yards and 2 TD's. But it wasn't enough to beat the Dallas Cowboys. The Cowboys were lead by Tony Romo who threw for 385 yards and 3 TD's. He also picked up 32 rushing yards on 3 carries. (one of which was in OT on 3rd down going for 17 yard gain and putting the final dagger into the Panthers back.) The first half was all Panthers and they had a 21 - 0 lead at halftime. But a miss cue by Horton in the beginning of the 2nd half ended up giving Dallas a 80 yard R. Williams TD catch. (This was a dagger for me. I went to switch to the corner covering Williams while ball was in the air and it switched me to Horton who I then hit sticked with and took him out of position. Frustrating I should of just left the controller alone.) After that the Panthers made things worse, when Delhomme threw a slant pass to A. Bryant who didn't keep himself between the ball and the defender. ( I was getting pissed at this point, I saw myself throwing this game away. Still don't know how the Cowboys defender managed to suck back my WR and get in front of him.) Cowboys capitalized on a 29 yard TD pass to Felix Jones. Right before the end of the 3rd quarter the Panthers respond with a drive and a score. Going into the 4th Quarter the Panthers lead 28 to 14. Then the wheels fell off and the Panthers allowed the Cowboys to score 14 unanswer point sending the game into overtime 28 to 28. Cowboys won the toss and moved down the field. Once in FG range the Cowboys coach didn't want to risk a FG try so he kept on pounding it until scoring on a 1 yard J. Lane TD, Lane's 2nd 1 yard TD of the game. (Good news is I tore M. Barbers' hammy and he is out for 8 weeks. Sorry Cade)

Final Score:

GG cadepetty, I still can't believe I lost that game. That first half was big for me with turnovers setting me up with a 21-0 lead. I got to conservative in the 2nd half on offense and too aggressive on Defense. Well played. I hate Tony Romo.
  2. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

Aug 7, 2009
    haha...good game bro...its just one game..your good you will bounce back next week...and im a big cowboys fan...I get frustrated with romo alot too...good writeup
  3. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

Sep 24, 2009
    Great RB's going down every week!