Week 3 : Panthers 28, Redskins 27

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Psycho, May 7, 2010.

1. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Week 3 : Panthers 28, Redskins 27

D, this is set for Saturday or Sunday night and as always will have to be played past 9pm est, let me know which one you can do.

As for the game:
    Rematch of last years NFC Championship, and this will be the fifth time these two teams have over the past six seasons. Last years NFC Championship was the first time that the home team had won in a game in this series.

Panthers look to get revenge for giving up a 21-3 lead in the NFC Championship... however wining this game would give them very minimal revenge. Instead the Panthers hope to win this game so that they have better chance of meeting in Charlotte for the NFC Championship, and then Carolina can get their full revenge.

2. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Since I don't think there is a poll option:

Washington (y)

Carolina (n)

3. d19

d19 Walk On

Psy,

I will be busy tonight (sat) and tomorrow is Mothers Day. We normally spend a lot of time together as a family on holidays so I think sometime after 11pm est would be safe on Sunday.

BTW - I love the poll.

4. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Sounds good, we'll plan on 11 est.

BTW - Clutch (y) ... only it's not the thumb that's sticking up at you.

5. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Psycho is that some kind of stealth mode middle finger?

[​IMG]

6. d19

d19 Walk On

ha!

Psy... our movie is almost done... lets make it 11:30.

7. d19

d19 Walk On

thats est

8. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

That's awesome!!!!

9. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Panthers 28, Redskins 27

Panthers score in the first minute of the game on a long bomb, Redskins answer back with a long time consuming drive that ends in a field goal cutting the lead to 7-3... then it turns into the Redskins lucky day.

Second drive for the Panthers ends with a user strip setting up the Redskins nicely, Washington short drive TD. Holding on the kickoff backs up the Panthers, 3 and out, Redskins short drive TD. Panther long drive, Carolina gets into the Redzone, "fat finger, hit the wrong button" pick... halftime Washington 17-7.

Second half, Panthers drop ints on a drive that nets a fg. Kick return, another holding call on Carolina... throw in one more for good measure on a Williams run which leads to Carolina being stopped and made to punt from midfield. Washington mistakenly fields a punt on their 3 yard line with a Panther right in front of them, hit stick, fumble right?!?! No, 15 yard face mask. Washington drives down the field, Carolina drops a pick or 2, then to add insult to injury D throws one right by my head for a TD... early 4th Redskins 27, Panthers 7.

Then the game gets fun, first play of the Panthers next drive is an out pattern that gets broken to the house, Redskins 27, Panthers 14. Redskins drive into field goal range but get greedy and get picked off on the Panthers 6 yardline, the Panthers matriculate the ball down the field and score a TD with 2:01 left, Redskins 27, Panthers 21. Kick an onside kick? Why? We're not playing a video game here. Most sane coaches with 2 minutes left and a full 3 timeouts kick the ball, and let their defense deal with it.

Panthers kick, Redskins help them out with a delay of game call, then two straight one yard runs, followed by and almost caught/almost intercepted ball at the sticks on third down.

Panthers get the ball with 1:35 left, one time out and on their own 35. Without running no-huddle (it is illegal in this league, with exception of spiking it), the Panthers go on a 8 play drive that includes a third and long conversion, a sack, and Steve Smith getting caught one foot from a TD, that finally ends with Williams punching it in with 0:19 left.

Redskins try to get back into Field goal range but are picked off for the second time at midfield with 0:08 left ending the game.

Excellent comeback for me, and had this been the NFC Championship and sent me to the Super Bowl while it ended the Skins shot to repeat... I would have gotten revenge. As is, the game is just a great regular, and had alot of fun playing against D, as always, but at the end of the day this game doesn't mean to terribly much.

See you in the Playoffs D!

Special Note
    I would like to draw everyone's attention to the fact that I DID NOT use no huddle, just spiked the ball, I DID NOT go for it once on fourth down, and I DID NOT kick an onside kick.

Now this DID NOT rant is directed to the populace and some people no longer in the league, but the point to all is you can actually make smart decision and play more like most coaches that coach real football and still comeback from a 27-7 deficit in the fourth quarter.

So to the bitches long past that blame the rules for them losing, and the bitches of the future that are sure to join us in Madden'11, F U! Rules didn't lose you the game, your poor time management an inability to play the game lost you the game!