Week 3 Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by PAgamer07, Sep 28, 2010.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Week 3 Power Rankings

Here they are. Debate them. Hate them. But this is how I see it...

Column 1
    Rank Team Name Record Conference Record
    1 [​IMG] South Carolina Gamecocks 2-0 0-0 I hate to rank my Gamecocks first, but considering we are ranked #8 in the country, it's hard to argue with the pollsters. A big win over Duke, followed by 1-0 Indiana have kept the team in the Top 10. HB Marcus Lattimore needs no introduction, and continues to cause fear in opposing defensive coordinators.
    2 [​IMG] Maryland Terrapins 2-0 1-0 Yes the Terrapins are unranked, but they already have 2 big wins on the season. A season opening squeaker over Kentucky followed up by a drubbing of Clemson. Jamarr Robinson has already thrown for 500 yards and 5 TD, and looks to be the straw that stirs the Terrapins drink. This week we will see where they are at as they host #20 Miami
    3 [​IMG] NC State Wolfpack 2-0 0-0 A huge victory at Cincinatti seems to have put the Wolfpack on the map. Currently they don't have any standout performers, but it's hard to argue with their win over Cincinnatti and UCLA. Rex Burkhead seems to be the workhorse for the team this year, and we will keep an eye on him.
    4 [​IMG] Boston College Eagles 2-0 0-0 #12 Boston College is also undefeated, and but has yet to play a quality opponent. Both their victories come against perenial bottom dwellers in Mississippi State and Northwestern. This week they play Florida State, so this will be a true test.
    5 [​IMG] Auburn Tigers 1-0 0-0 Its hard to judge this team this early, but they currently sit at #18 in the Polls. A big win over Virginia solidifies them as a solid contender. We won't see how good this team really is until next week when they play Florida.
    6 [​IMG] Vanderbilt Commodores 2-0 0-0 The last of our unbeated user teams, Vanderbilt is a big question mark.. So far their opponents are also pretty low caliber. This week they play Arkansas in what will definitely show the country if we are to take Vandy for real.
    7 [​IMG] Kentucky Wildcats 2-1 0-0 The Wildcats lost a close game to Maryland, but are definite contenders for the SEC. LaRod King and Randall Cobb are both players to watch for what should be an explosive offense.
    8 [​IMG] Wake Forest 1-1 0-0 Id love to rank this team higher, as they beat a very good Ole Miss team. Unfortunately they started the year off unspectacularly losing to Washington. Week 4 sees them play Maryland, in what will be a nice test for both teams.
    9 [​IMG] Ole Miss Rebels 1-1 0-0 The Rebels are currently ranked #21 in the country. This after a thumping at the hands of Wake Forest. As is the case with everyone, its very hard to judge the potential here.
    10 [​IMG] Virginia Cavaliers 0-2 0-1 Two 14 point losses to Auburn and Florida State currently have the Cavaliers sitting at 0-2. One of those losses was in conference so they are in danger of losing any chance of an ACC Title. There are a lot of talented teams in the ACC, and the verdict is out on if this is one of them.
    11 [​IMG] Duke Blue Devils 0-2 0-1 Ouch. Duke has been getting their butts handed to them so far this year. 14-38 versus South Carolina and then they laid another egg the following week 14-42 against Virginia Tech. Outside observers seem to think this team is better than this. They need to prove it.
    12 - - - -

2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Well done Pa, motivate my wildcat team tooo

3. Tiger_Stripes86

Tiger_Stripes86 Walk On

Go from winning the ACC to being last in power rankings :(. Don't worry I know it's well deserved

4. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I'm surprised at how high I'm ranked, but I won't complain too much :p I'm sure Duke will get out of the cellar soon enough, they've had to play 2 tough games already.

5. T-Law10

T-Law10 Wolfpack Coach

I'm way too high, lol. Oh and who's Rex Burkhead? Love the write up, i look forward to more!!!!

6. Devilfan20

Devilfan20 Walk On

Great post.

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Rex is a rb for Nebraska, my team. Assuming he got Nebraska and NC States stats mixed up since they are close on the name list.

P.s. devil I am officially on the Vandy bandwagon, look for something on you guys in the Gameday Final.

8. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Yeah I thought Burkhead was on Nebraska, when I did this. But wow... dont know how I did that. Anyhow, Itll get better as I learn the league.

9. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Wake played the #3 and #6 teams in the country both games on the road, the "unspectacular" lost was in overtime. The only way I will get the love is to beat Maryland, my boys will be ready.

10. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

That should be a huge game.

11. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Yeah, I think our teams match up well, Maryland may have better skilled players, except at quarterback