Week 3: Raiders 38 Cardinals 23

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by savaunte, Sep 4, 2010.

1. savaunte

savaunte Oakland Raiders

Week 3: Raiders 38 Cardinals 23

After a humiliating loss last week, the Raiders come back with a strong showing against Frisk and his fast attack Cardinals.

Raiders D started strong with a pick 6 to give the Raiders the early advantage. Raiders keep the pressure on with a B.Westbrook 4yd TD run and a 46 yd FG by the polish cannon, S.Janikowski.

On the ensuing kick-off the Cards own M.Garvin would take it 105 yards to the house for their first score of the day, but they would miss the PAT and would trail the Raiders 17-6. Raiders would answer the KR with a nice drive ending with a L.Murphy 10 yd TD catch to put the Raiders up 24-6. Down but not out the Cards would put a nice drive together and topped it off with a 26 yd TD strike to M.Garvin for his second score of the game. Raiders 24 Cards 13 at the half.

Raiders would get the ball to start the 3rd quarter and were looking for another score to take away any hope of a comeback for the Cards. The Cards D wasnt haven it though as CB S.Springs jumped the curl route took it 58 yds for the TD. The Raiders answered with 2 yd TD run to put them back up by 2 scores. Cardinals would get back into Raiders territory but were unable to get the ball into the endzone and had to settle for a 35 yd FG from Feely. Holding onto a slim 8 point lead the Raiders set out to put the "nail" into the coffin and escape Arizona with their second win of the season. The Raiders took their time and marched down the field. RB Westbrook hit the final blow with a 9 yd TD run to put the Raiders up 38-23 as that would end up being the final score of the game.

GG Frisk GL rest of the season.....(y)

Raiders MVP
    All Raiders RBs, who combined for 171 yds and 3 TDs on 33 carries plus 6 receptions for 85 yards

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

GG Sav! I couldn't break that tough man defense. You shut down my pass and we all know how bad my defense is!