Week 3: Rams 31 Steelers 28 OT

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bluebean, May 14, 2010.

1. Bluebean

Bluebean Kansas City Chiefs

Oct 8, 2009
    Week 3: Rams 31 Steelers 28 OT

The St. Louis Rams came back from a 21-3 deficit to save their season just 3 weeks into the new year. The Rams couldn't afford to fall too far behind of the upstart Cardinals and the defending NFC Champion 49ers in the NFC West. Great Game by Savaunte, I know it was a tough loss to take.

Game started out with a St. Louis drive that ended in a FG to take a 3-0 lead. Then Pittsburgh put together 2 nice scoring drives by controlling the line of scrimmage with the run game and taking a 14-3 lead. After another Rams punt, Jamarcus Russell, of all people, completes a beautiful 76 yard TD pass to Santonio Holmes to make it a 21-3 Steelers lead in the 2nd quarter. With the Rams getting a little desperate, they put together a solid drive and punch it in on a 3 yd Joseph Addai scamper to cut the lead to 21-10 at the half.

Rams force a punt to start the 3rd Quarter and then drive down and score on a Mike Karney 1 yard plunge to make the score 21-17 Steelers. The Steelers answer with a nice drive of their own capped off by a Willie Parker 23 yd TD reception to extend the lead to 28-17 with just 7:48 to play. The Rams Donnie Avery then returns the ensuing kickoff 90 yards to the Steelers 10. A couple of plays later Stephen Jackson runs it in from 2 yards out for the TD and then also catches the 2pt conversion to cut the Steeler lead to 28-25 with 6:38 left. After the Steelers and Rams trade punts, the Steelers then punt again from the Ram 40 with just a couple of minutes to play. The Rams convert on some key plays and convert a 52 yard FG with 20 seconds to play and send this game to OT at 28-28. The Rams then win the coin toss and drive it down the field for a game winning 46 yard FG!

My underarms were sweating when this game was over, lol. Rams improve to 1-2 while the Steelers fall to 1-2.
  2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Jul 29, 2009
    I didn't call this one! LOL
  3. savaunte

savaunte Oakland Raiders

Aug 29, 2009
    Very good game. The kick return really sucked...and then me not being able to convert on that last 3rd and short...GG BLuebean...GL rest of the season.