Week 3: Redskins(21) vs Cardinals(17)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jeremy, May 14, 2010.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Week 3: Redskins(21) vs Cardinals(17)

The Redskins improve to 2-1 on the season with a hard fought victory over the previously unbeaten Cardinals.

The Cardinals struck first as QB Matt Leinart hit TE Kellen Winslow on a beautiful 28 yd pass for the TD. The Redskins couldnt get in an offensive rythym early as they do not get on the scoreboard in the 1st qtr.

1st Qtr.
    Cardinals-7
    Skins-0

The 2nd qtr. was highlighted by both defenses holding the opposing offenses scoreless for most of the 2nd period. This draught ended when Cardinals HB Mason punches it in from 3 yards out. The Skins answer back with their first TD of the day when Jason Campbell connects with WR Roy Hightower on the 21 yd pass. The Skins would have been content going into the locker rooms only down 1 score but the Skins manage to force a Leinart interception seconds later and HB James Davis punches it in from 1 yd. out.

HALF
    Cardinals-14
    Skins-14

Both defenses played well in the 2nd half as Arizona scored the only 3rd qtr. points off of a Neil Rackers 51 yard FG.

3rd Qtr.
    Cardinals-17
    Skins-14

The Skins answer back as Leinart is intercepted again. Campbell again capitalizes in air as he hits HB Brian Westbrook for a 13yd TD pass. On the following possession, the Cardinals failed to get a 1st down on 4th and 1 and turn it over on downs. The Redskins are able to run the clock out inside the Cards 5 yard line. After intentionally missing a FG with just a few seconds to play on 4th down to prevent having to kickoff, the Cards were able to stop a final play desperation pass to preserve the WIN.

FINAL
    Skins-21
    Cardinals-17​

Good Game PBates, good luck the rest of the way

MVP

QB Jason Campbell
    16-22 193yds 2TDs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I called it and I called a 4 pt game!

3. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

It all went down for me after the 1st int. I was in the red zone already ahead 14-0 and his LB made an amazing 1 handed INT at the 3 yrd line. He scores off the turnover making it 14-7 then I get the ball back with less than a minute to go in 1st half and Lienart completes a nice pass to Boldin...then Boldin fumbles. He scores off that turnover and in less than a minute I go from ahead by 2 scores to a tie game.

Jeremy did a great job of stopping run...22 carries for 55 yards with my RB.

4. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

damn good job Jeremy. Jason Campbell is a tough man to put all your faith in!