Week 3 Scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MartyWebb, Aug 6, 2010.

1. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

2. phbaseball1335

phbaseball1335 Walk On

3. williatr

williatr Walk On

4. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    #19 FSU upsets #1 Alabama 34-17

Recap

5. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

There's going to be a lot of shaking up in the Top 25 this week.

6. phbaseball1335

phbaseball1335 Walk On

Looks like Florida State is going to be the team to beat this year. Nice game again.

7. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Yea, FSU is looking good.... I'll also say look out for that other User team in Florida, Miami.

8. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

You need to look out for 1-2 boston college!

9. Kingspring

Kingspring Walk On

Early Candidate for game of the year.

http://www.easports.com/dynasty?_us...206202&dynid=62411&sku=662A0001&sid=0&wknum=2 (Highlights and story)

First snap of the game, Tyrod Taylor starred down a crossing receiver and auburn's Craif Stevens jumped the route and Auburn was deep in Va Techs zone. Cam Newton trotted out onto the field with the offense still feeling the high from the explosion in Starkville last week. The tigers picked up right where they left off, On 3rd down Newton rolled the pocket right and found a streaking Darvin Adams in the back of the endzone. After a Va tech 3 and out, Auburn struck again on after Mario Fanin punched it in from 6 yards out.

Virginia Tech needed to find some answers and fast Auburn had sucked the life out of the Hokies in the first 3 minutes. The offense would not do it on the next drive, and Auburn found themselves back in business with the ball being spread everywhere. After a big strike across the middle and some pounding runs, the tigers found themselves in the red zone again. The drubbing was on, but a funny thing happened onto the way to the blow out. On 2nd down, a quick option left was the call, newton and dyer were attacked by one defender as Newton picked DB Cris Hilll jumped the pitch and the race was on, a one horse race. Va Tech was back in business with less than 5 yards of offense.

From there the stalling took shape, Auburn's defense refused to budge and Auburns offense found themselves being able to connect on thrid down but no translation to points. Auburn was on top of the field positon game and a game of ping pong ensued. At halftime the stats looked as Auburn was up by 3-4 scores but a 7 point margin was all that stood between them and the hokies. After a extremly uneventful 2nd half things started to heat up after Cam Newton was sacked putting Auburn's punter Bynum in the shadows of his own goal post. He shanked it off the side of his foot and Va Tech was in business at the 26 yardline. After a great drive Va tech found themself facing 1st on gl from the 2, and that turned into 4th and goal from the one. Auburn loaded up the box and Coach Hoosier called a toss right to Ryan Williams, Va Tech tied it up with 50 seconds.

Auburn had some clock managment issues on first down but ended up being in business at the 42 yard line on on 3rd down Newton was picked off and OT was the only way to solve this bizarre game. In OT Tyrod Taylor connected on a big 3rd and nine to his TE again the hokies were facing first and goal again. This time War Eagle stood tall and held the offense to a field goal. Auburn took the field and did not waste any time. Newton saw single coverage on the edge and Dyer would have to be chased from the middle of the field. Newton took a quick drop and hit dyer on a quick up and out. Adams provided a good blcok and Dyer was finally pushed out at the one. Auburn went into goal line mode and put in the bruising Fanin and finally on thrid down fanin bumbled in on the right side.

Some bright notes, the rush defense on both sides was stellar. Heisman hopeful Ryan Williams was held under 40 yards and the whole auburn running crew was held to under 5 yards a pop. Newton was sacked multiple times, and his rushing stats showed it. The read option was not open like last week, and it seemed Auburn was most comfortable from third and long with the field spread out sideline to sideline. This may be some food for thought, Cam newton matured greatly today, he was on fire in the first half now consistancy will be key. Aubrun heads to South Carolina next week in a battle of the Nations top incoming backs in the country, in Dyer and Lattimore.

10. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Wow.... nice game. No lead is ever safe

11. phbaseball1335

phbaseball1335 Walk On

Definitely possible...all that matters is making it to the conference championship game

12. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Paragraphs are your friend, lol.

13. Kingspring

Kingspring Walk On

Hotrod,

lol, Im used to my league with my friends and family where we have to have real write ups. Ill try to water it down a bit. Its all this paper writing in school. I need parameters or i ramble. My bad

14. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Oh no need to water down. It was a good write up, just easier to read with some paragraph breaks, lol.

15. Kingspring

Kingspring Walk On

Yeah I wrote it in the story builder and pasted it over, it looks a lot better there. BUt ill bust it up lol

16. Kingspring

Kingspring Walk On

I edited it, baby steps lol

Ill be sure to do that from now on.

17. hoosierjoe

hoosierjoe Walk On

So with my little technical glitch (see link below), it doesn't look like I'll be able to do a Dynasty Wire story, but at least the score and stats went through. Hell of a game is all I can say. Starting off with a pick on the first play of the game I thought I was in for a loooong game. D came up huge late in the first half stepping in front of that option play to keep hopes alive. Story of the day was the Hokies inability to stop the Tigers on 3rd down. It was ridiculous how many 3rd and longs were converted. Really thought I had him beat when I got first and goal in OT, but Auburn's speed on D was the problem the entire game. no changes will be made yet, but Tyrod Taylor's spot as the starting QB is definitely in jeopardy. The guy overthrows like Rex Grossman.

[ame="http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29151"]http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29151[/ame]

18. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Georgia 7 Arkansa 27

Dynasty Wire Story

19. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I had the same thing happen to me just now. I had saved highlights and everything.

Arkansas stays unbeaten with a 27 to 7 road victory against the Bulldogs.

20. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I wasn't able to do a story but shino has it covered. It was closer then the score would indicate.