Week 3: Seahawks 35, Browns 17

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by pbates86, Dec 8, 2010.

1. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

Tonight the 0-2 Browns faced the 1-1 Seahawks at Cleveland Browns Stadium. This game featured two very young teams looking to improve on the performances of the first two weeks of the season.

The Seahawks won the toss and elected to recieve in the ball first in the 2nd half. On the Brown's first drive, 2nd year QB Colt McCoy threw an int to veteran CB Marcus Trufant who took it to the house for 6 pts. Offense would continue to be a problem for the Browns throughout the 1st quarter as they were unable to put points on the board. The Seahawks were firing on cylinders though, as they scored their 1st offensive TD on a goal line fade to former USC Trojan, Patrick Turner.

In the 2nd quarter the Browns got going on a 3 yard TD run from FB Lawrence Vickers. Before the half rookie QB Jamarcus Austin would add another TD to his stat sheet with a TD pass to Emmanuel Sanders.

In the 2nd half the Browns capitalized on mistakes by the Seahawks and scored on a long pass to Percy Harvin. They also added a field goal. The final score of the game was 35-17.

The story of the game ended up being Browns defense inability to get off the field. Seahawks converted 6 of 7 3rd downs and ran for over 200 yards. By the 4th quarter the Browns defenders were flat out gassed.

Game ball was awarded to Jamarcus Austin(14-16 for 211 yards, 4 TD, 1 INT)

GG Greeeg and good luck with the rest of your season.

2. greeeeeeeeg2003

greeeeeeeeg2003 Walk On

U2 man I suck. lol

3. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

I was where you are now last year. I think if you made some adjustments to gameplan you'd turn that ship around in a hurry.