Week 3, Season 1 - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Jul 16, 2011.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

We have advanced!

Next Advance Schedule:
    -When 12/12 are ready or
    -Monday, July, 18th, 12pm noon

Last Week Notes:
    -Alabama forced 13 turnovers. That is not a typo. 13.
    -Mullen had more beers than INTs which is impressive to say the least
    -The old guy recruits like... well.... an old guy.
    -Plague lost to FIU in a nail-biter. This game is tough.
    -UNC possibly most realistic team in game: douchebags and criminals who fake punt when up 35-0
    -Weave is the master of content and intrigue... an restarts.

This Week Notes:
    -I gave a little wiggle room as we are moving fast and keeping exciting (a good thing!), but please please please stay committed to uploading all videos, writing game summaries (for top-25 matchups and user-user games), updating your recruiting boards and special content.
    -Keep a constant eye on 'ship numbers. Do not go over 70 players or the hammer falls.
    -Interact with the forums. They're fun.

Good luck gentlemen!

2. Sceptic21

Sceptic21 Walk On

Those were the best notes ever! lol :D

Even though the first note makes me sad... :oops:

3. vatechhokie01

good to see absolutely no one signed a darn person in recruiting lol

4. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Who would want to go to my god awful team unless if its your last resort before playing community college ha

5. TJM

TJM Walk On

Recruit for Week 3 for the Green Wave: Tackle Ben Cox, 2*, 6'8 300lbs, from the fine state of Lousiana. Cox is a Pass blocking T with pretty much C, D, and D- ratings. However this tackle has potential to be a DT with his accelaration at a B+?

Looks like I will have to back off of some recruits as to not go over the 70 limit.

6. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Basically I am down to 15 players who at least know where WKU is....

7. vatechhokie01

lol... you guys are gonna be pissed when i sign like 10 3-star guys then!

8. vatechhokie01

i will say about the game:

-i love it so far
    -the one drawback: the cpu AI is still stupid as crap. up by 18 on me with 4 minutes left WSU was throwing every down. RARELY will the CPU run out the clock or play conservative when up. and their no-huddle is silly.

9. BulldogBully

BulldogBully Whiskey Slinger

I noticed the exact same thing with the CPU still passing with only minutes left and up by only 13 against my Ragin Cajuns....also noticed quite a bit of no-huddle. I really hope EA will fix that.

On a good note, I think the realism is dead on as far as team match up. I seemed to hang in there during the first half, but my team seemed to just wear down as the game progressed....just like you usually see with a small team trying to keep up with the big boys.

10. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

I agree with the no huddle. I've played 2 games this season and in both games the defense threw in a lot of no huddle.

11. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

I got thrashed by Stanford. Hey guys can you all please send me a couple guys on your recruit board that you share in common with another user team. You can do through a PM so I can build up the user vs. user recruit wars. I cant think of another way to figure out the chase since I can only view my team.

12. vatechhokie01

yea, my "success" has been solely dependent on playing the most freaking conservative game I could imagine. In the end, when we wear down, get injured, and the bigger team turns it up for a final push... I can't hang. I love that. But damn if throwing isnt hard. INT central on both user and cpu side. although i will be the first to confess that almost every INT i have thrown was absolutely my fault.

13. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

WKU has a QB who at best can throw short, Rainy is a quality back...but you can only run for so long...and then you get behind by a couple...so starting forcing the ball, I gave up 5 picks againist UK..no way you can win....so just need to throw less, run more, mix it up, hope to be close come the 4th....LOL

14. Sceptic21

Sceptic21 Walk On

Yeah, take it from me, it is very hard to move the ball. (13 turnovers) Hopefully I have better luck against Bulldog this week. It's actually the first user-user game of the dynasty!!!

15. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Sceptic have you guys set a time yet on that game? The Swami needs to make a prediction.

16. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

As for videos, I am 0-2 in posting them. I keep getting errors after I upload.

This is the hardest video game ever!!!

17. vatechhokie01

about difficulty and such, the majority of response ive gotten is that the game is damn hard but that most everyone has really enjoyed the games. i know i have. again, we are not going to be changing much in the way of sliders during a season unless something is so obvious it is ridiculous. we def won't be changing anything early that would make the game easier for us. The reality is, aside from mullens drubbing on drunk, the games havent been too bad. i mean, our teams suck. and i havent seen anything yet out of the total ordinary. and we have had some close ones that were almost too close (me at wisc, bulldog at okst, and tulane over tulsa). I love the scores so far. and for a video game... not bad. but as a continuting exhortation: get used to losing. our teams are horrid. thats the fun of multip seasons to build something. that said, 1 thing I do want to get your feeddback (ALL of your yours!) on one thing: -the game seems a bit long. we have been putting up QUITE a few plays per game. It might be that lessening the time to 7min quarters from 8 might help this out. I know in pre-game reviews many were saying that the game seemed to play much faster. Coupled with a lot of no-huddle (which i will say at least chews the clock better than in years past) and the always and inevitable propensity for big plays on both sides in video games, i am keeping my eye on maybe 7min quarters. We will not change now and definitely not before I get feedback. But if any of you are stat gurus, how many plays do you see being run a game? How accurate is it? I think we should be looking at a close to accurate number minus about 5 or 6 for the "big play" factor.

18. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

I ran somewhere around 35-40 plays which was a tad low i would think. As far as the AI the one thing Texas did do was run down the forth quarter and not pass taking the play clock down under five every play and not going in for a score as time expired.

19. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

i think 7 minute quarters would be a great move. The game does play much faster and I think this would be great to keep scores down. But I am also very biased and I enjoyed lower scoring games. I'm not much of a high scoring shootout type, which was why I hated my most recent game.

20. Sceptic21

Sceptic21 Walk On

It's tonight around midnight!!!

21. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

SMU was throwing the ball all over the place in the 4th with 3 minutes up by 3 scores.

22. Sceptic21

Sceptic21 Walk On

lol I don't think SMU ever runs though!

23. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Haha...so true. They absolutely ran me ragged.

24. TJM

TJM Walk On

I disagree. It does seem like the games take forever, however I believe our average is below the NCAA (real life) average of around 130-145 range. The average for the simulated games for our league (who play a full 60 minutes, not our game clock), is from an average of 5 games is 135.

Our average is probably 120 and below I believe from a few game averages. Tulsa and I ran a wide open gameplan an managed only to get to 121 plays. Heath and UNLV versus Wisky only managed 96 plays. Zips versus OSU only managed 113 plays.

If we want to be able to keep up with realistic stats and average of both NCAA by EA and the NCAA, then we probably need to keep it how it is. At least lets play 5-6 weeks and then we can average our games and some CPU-CPU sims and see what we need to do.

25. vatechhokie01

this is all great work. we will def keep it 8min for the time being. and yes, the cpu does wear you out when up in the 4th. frustrating. sigh... we suck. and wait?! is there a user-user game tonight?!!!! nice!