Week 3 - Season 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Jul 26, 2009.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Week 3 - Season 1

Week 3 is here now...had to wait for the new guy to play his game, but now we are ready to roll! I am going to advance three days from now (Wednesday), no later than 10 pm central.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    USER TEAM OPPONENT RESULT SCORE
    MurkYa21 Central Michigan FCS Southeast W 55-14
    MYCANE Houston BYE - -
    Newb Slice Buffalo UCF W 37-13
    castortroy4206 ECU @ #14 North Carolina W 17-15
    NatiSaint UCF Buffalo L 37-13
    Kid Robotz Southern Miss Virginia W 28-21
    RageRoolz Bowling Green @ Marshall W 34-31
    MG24000 SMU @ Washington State - -
    Riptides Ball State @ Army W 37-22
    The Parrothead Northern Illinois @ Purdue L 24-20
    morsdraconis Akron Indiana W 38-0
    Maxattax34 Rice @ #15 Oklahoma State L 36-10

MAC Players Of The Week:
    Defense - CB Julian Posey (Jr) from Ohio - 6 tackles, INT, FF, FR
    Offense - QB Tim Hiller (Sr) from Western Michigan - 31-42, 381 yards, 3 TDs

C-USA Players Of The Week:
    Defense - OLB Greg Jackson (Sr) from Memphis - 5 tackles (TFL), INT, 2 FF
    Offense - WR Deandre Brown (So) from Southern Miss - 8 receptions for 231 yards, 3 TDs
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• I had no problem keeping my score reasonable against the FCS school, while at the same time managing to get out of there injury free.
    • -
    • Troy upsets #14 North Carolina 17-15 in comeback fashion.
    • -
    • aaaaaaaand the new guy got slaughtered by Oklahoma State...lol jp
    • -
    • The MAC represents!! Newb Slice and the Bulls defeat NatiSaint and the UCF Knights...a game that was close, but kinda got out of hand.
    • -
    • I might resend invites so we can get the video saving to work...we wouldn't be restarting or anything, but I'd have to resend the invites that's all..might do this later on, any objections?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

advanced to week 4 without MG...he hasn't logged in for four days, hasn't responded to my messages, or been on the site..

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

lol...go ahead and give me all the shit you want...I just accidentally quit my game at half time...I was winning 35 - 21..and then at half time I for some reason went straight to quit game on the pause screen and quit.

Im pretty pissed because now I am going to have to play it all again..

Im going to copy and paste this for the other commishs to read...im going to get even more shit from them since we have currently been on the topic of restarts..

sigh..

no, lefevour didn't get hurt. i actually played him all the way up until halfway through the 2nd quarter...

btw..I played my 2nd team defense the whole time, and had no problem letting up on the FCS team...although, my 2nd team defense is probably worse than the FCS's starting defense.

3. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I'm gonna give you more shit because you gave up 21 points even with your 2nd team defense!!!!

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

lol...atleast I scored more than 21 points; hope you can do that this week ;)

just messin with ya..

anyway..

finished my game..luckily no starters got hurt..my backup quarterback got injured with with about two minutes left...not sure how long.

uuuuuuhhhh...I just don't by the 90-100 pt thing lol...that would be pretty hard to do...I scored 55...sure I could've scored more, but I used the chew the clock..fair caught punts (we all know the fcs punt teams are a wreck)...and like I said I played my second team defense.

Other news, I kicked a 42 yard field goal from the hash and it felt pretty good. What do you guys think about the field goal sliders now? I think if we lower the power by 5 it may be perfect, or do you think they are fine where they are at. I don't think games should be decided by the guys who kick it through the poles to be honest.

edit: lucky you, you don't have a game. Well, I hope you atleast find some time to practice...yikes!!

5. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I just got slaughtered too by Okie St. Their defense was fast, especially their ends and I kept throwing as I was getting hit. Had no run game going either. I injured Robinson for a quarter or so, other than that my defense was garbage. They run out of the shotgun a lot so its hard to call their plays.
    I really wanted to win this one too... Oh well, if I play them next year I'll beat them.

6. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

West Virginia was a pain in the ass. My defense was really good though. I haven't done a write up of that game but I should. I turned it over like 5 times, twice IN THE ENDZONE, and coughed it up around mid field the other 3 times and only gave up 17. The Heels should be on upset alert. If I don't turn it over and they score 17 I should win.

7. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Well, I kicked the shit out of Indiana 38-0.

Was going to pound it down their throats all game, but stupid starting HB Alex Allen get hurt in the early 2nd quarter for the game so I started passing the ball. Then my QB Jacquemain gets hurt at the end of the 3rd quarter for a quarter and my back up Wackerly steps in nicely (actually rated a better pure passer) with a beautiful 11-13, 170, 2 TD game to combine with Jacquemain's 13-17, 171, 2TD, 1INT game (INT was TOTAL bullshit threw it - behind the receiver with no pressure on me and the CB pretty much teleported to intercept the ball...).

Would love to put up videos but the fuckin' thing failed three times in a row so I said fuck it...

8. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

gawd dang, dag nabbit!!!

That game was waaaaaaaaay too close for comfort. Not to mention i decided to start sharing the ball with the oter team. 4 Ints....

Ill put details in the game summary, and in the USM thread. Im just happy i came out with a win. The CPU missed 3 FGs to let me off the hook.

9. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

When I played the FCS they just about missed a PAT...hit the post twice!

10. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

ok st missed a PAT in my game haha

11. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Its nice to see I'm not alone in losing to Okie ST. Hey Murk If you played a top 25 team you might know what its like. Why don't you and your MAC bros try a harder schedule next year. JK I had a user game in my other league(TT3) I didn't know what to think I was really down on myself. I was playing Cribbs at his place (Vagina) and actually played well won 28-14. I really think my playbook is hurting me. I have a lot of shotgun and I like to run the ball. Can I switch up mid season? If I can't I'll take my lumps with this one.

12. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Absolutely switch it up. I did for Akron. Switched from Air Force to Notre Dame and it really worked for me. Much more my style of play.

13. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Looks like it might be as I tried to save highlights and got the error and I'm reading others have, too... :(

14. Newb Slice

Newb Slice Walk On

i saved 2 highlights week 2 and they didnt even save it all

15. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Only 2 people left for this week. Yaaaay

16. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

should we consider advancing 3 or maybe 4 times a week? it seems like everyone is active enough. I dont know everyone's sched but we could get more seasons done that way.

17. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

We got a set schedule of advancing sunday and thursday. But if things get done earlier, then we advance. I was just being eager to move on, and seeing that only 2 guys are left to do their shit. I was hoping they did it tonight.

Im being impatient. Thats all.

18. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Once the school year starts we will be slowing down to Sunday/Thursday...

it's not all about rushing and going as fast as possible, but for right now, I will advance as people finish. No rush to anyone who isn't finished. Like it says in the OP, we are advancing Wednesday at 10:00 pm central.