1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Week 3: Season 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by carolinaeasy, Jan 9, 2011.

1. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Post your summaries here.

2. bustedukulele

bustedukulele Walk On

Notre Dame 20
    Michigan State 13
    After trading field goals each teams first possession, Irish QB Dayne Crist connected with WR Kamara for a 61 yd TD pass. The Notre Dame D would force a turnover on the next possession and Michael Floyd hauled in a 40 yd TD pass. Irish up 17-6 at half. The Spartans would pull within one score after a long TD drive, but Notre Dame held the ball for the rest of the game.

Offensive POTG: Dayne Crist 14/18 223 yds and 2 TDs
    Defensive POTG: D. Fleming 9 total tackles

3. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Florida 46
    Tennessee 30

This was a defensive coordinator's nightmare as both teams put big points on the board. A plethora of reasons lead to the shunning of defense, chief among them is the lack of tackling. Trey Burton had a monster day passing for over 400 yards and rushing for 95. His four touchdowns paced the teams and lead the Gators to their third victory on the season.

Offensive POTG: Trey Burton 26 of 38 for 408 yards passing, 4 tds and 2 ints. 11 carries 95 yards rushing.

Defensive POTG: Jelani Jenkins: 4 tackles, 1 int.

No major injuries although Jeffery Demps continues to recover from his major injury and is expected out for another 6 weeks.

4. justadude

justadude Walk On

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Congrats to RJ who stayed focused and worked hard to put himself in a position to be able to take advantage of what must have been the stupidest playcall I have ever made. I followed that playcall with the poor execution and even poorer decision making. Up 21 - 18 on the OSU 2 yard line with 2nd and goal, I call an option play. Pitching while in the grasp leads to a fumble which is returned for a TD.

Which plenty of time left I focused on moving down the field since I had moved the ball well most of the game, but a RJ recognized a route and proceeded to lay my receiver out forcing a fumble that enabled him to run out the clock. That was a great play.

I would like to thank RJ for what was a fair and well played game.

5. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Well done. This kind of thing gets noticed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Yes it is wonderful to see someone so gracious in defeat! A for the day for you sir!

8. kaluelsa

kaluelsa Walk On

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This was a tight game until late in the 3rd quarter. My offense couldn't do much all game. I was sparked by a 100 yard kickoff return and amazing defense. Both teams struggled to protect the ball (9 total turnovers). My defense was the huge difference as I managed 3 defensive TDs in the 3rd quarter to break open the game.

OPOG: Shane Vareen, 28 carries, 143 yards, 1 TD
    DPOG: Darian Hagan, 2 INT, 2 TD

9. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Looks like a heck of a game. Good win and great game by Hagan.