Week 3 - Season 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Jan 14, 2010.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Week 3 - Season 2

Deadline for advance - Friday/Saturday 9 pm central

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Rank User School Home/Away Rank Opponent Notes Result
    #21 Colorado VS #1 Miami User v. User
    #20 Florida State VS Boston College
    Oklahoma - BYE
    #1 Miami @ #21 Colorado User v. User
    Mizzou - BYE
    NC State @ #19 Maryland
    #16 Nebraska @ #8 Boise State
    #7 North Carolina VS ECU
    #3 Oklahoma State VS Tulsa
    Texas A&M - BYE
    #23 Virginia Tech VS #24 Georgia Tech

User games wk 2 are....
    #1 Miami @ #21 Colorado

Don't forget to POST YOUR SUMMARIES in THIS thread after your games!

2. SPatin

SPatin Walk On

Took me 14 wins without a loss last season and I never reached #1, but just one game this year....

3. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

Cowboy freshman lead the way in defeat of Rival Tulsa 59-17

Freshman Kalvin Culp started the game, his first ever start for the cowboys was a memorable one going 10 for 13 for 3 touchdowns and 176 yards passing.

"Kalvin did exactly what we thought he would do today, we didn't want to throw too much on his shoulders by starting him last week against ranked Virginia Tech. We wanted to give him another week of practice expanding his knowledge of the playbook before he unleashed him in a less hostile environment". - Coach Huronia

The future looks bright for the Cowboys if todays game is any indication. Freshman Matt Justice lead the way for the Cowboys chipping in 4 receptions for 50 yards, WR M.J. Mosley had 2 plays over 60 yards, both a run and reception. Defensive end Justin Ramirez lead the defense with 6 tackles, 2 tfls and 2 sacks to go along with a fumble recovery.

"Obviously we recruited these young men for a reason, if we didn't think they could do this they'd be somewhere else playing college football. If a young man cannot be an early contributor for our program why waste our time recruiting them? I know today at one point I had 9 true freshman playing defense at once, but this is not a rebuilding season! We are reloading!" - Coach Huronia

On a sidenote so far in just the first two games of the year the Cowboys have used an astonishing 18 freshman.

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Wow that is crazy. Not sure if it is a good thing or not though.

Are they all TRUE Freshman, and care to list their overalls??

I've got 4 true Freshman on the field, and only because they are that good.

88 ovr CB, Montoya, is my #1 corner. Very impressive considering everyone else had training camp.

83 ovr WR, Ruffin, had to get him on the field because of his speed. Nothing like him on one side and Bert Reed on the other.

81 ovr TE starts at the #2 position because I only had one TE, and I started an 80 ovr QB against Nebraska which may have turned out to be a mistake. He played well, but I think I am going to start Ponder again (94 ovr).

5. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

QB Culp - 82 ovr, mobile with a cannon
    RB Dexter Pratt - 83 ovr, Best power back on team, redshirt
    RB Jeremy Smith - 84 ovr, redshirt
    WR - M.J. Mosley - 82 ovr, best hands on the team for a guy not named Dez
    TE - Matt Justice - 78 ovr, far and away my best rec TE and is extremely fast
    LT - Jesse Martin , 80 ovr, starting LT
    DE - Justin Ramirez, 79ovr, one of my strongest, most athletic DL, and highest block shed, starting LE
    DE - Malcolm McCall, 78 ovr, 4th DE and really athletic
    DT - Jamal Ryan, 82 ovr, big strong starting DT, tall at 6'7
    DT - Ryan Campbell, 75 ovr, currently my 4th DT but he is strong enough to play, probably should of been redshirted but I promised he wouldn't, and he never will.

OLB - Justin Barnes - 85 ovr, starting LOLB, extremely athletic. Redshirt
    OLB - Leron Furr - 82 ovr, backup linebacker and special teamer. Redshirt
    MLB - Lionel Thomas - 77 ovr, extremely smart, highest play recognition of any of my LBs, backup MLB
    OLB - John Lacey - 81 ovr, backup OLB but plays alot, fast and athletic with great coverage skills
    CB - Andre May - 80 ovr, dime back, redshirted
    FS - Darrell Dawson - 80 ovr, starting FS
    FS - Daytawion Lowe - 83 ovr, backup Saftey
    SS - Aaron Rogers - 79 ovr, starting SS

needless to say alot of them are playing out of neccessity, were not exactly the Sooners here... although these kids are gonna help us get there

6. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I can't really remember how Spatin plays but my money is on Colorado and Miami throws 3+ INT's. It's almost like Colorado expects the pass every play.

BTW I'll have their Scouting Report up around 5:30 pm central.

7. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

#16 Nebraska 38
    #8 Boise State 17

The Cornhusker's put up 420 total yards of offense, led again by Latravis Washington. Washington had 5 total td's and 333 total yards of offense. Nebraska has a bye next week before opening conference play against Kansas.

8. SPatin

SPatin Walk On

0 INTs... And actually 10/10 passing! An early 14-0 lead let me bring in the reins on the passing game and just grind it out.

There was a REALLY weird play though. It was 20-7 I think at the time, but he was about to score and threw a slant to the WR wide right (I knew it was coming but still couldn't stop it), but his WR looked like he was going to catch it right on the goal line, then he kind of did and then got hit and it was a fumble that I recovered in the endzone. I honestly don't know what it should have been ruled, but the fumble call stood. It looked like it could have been a fumble at the goal line, a touchdown, OR an incompletion, as he dropped it pretty much right away!

NOW, for the summary:

Hurricanes overcome Buffaloes on their home field

Miami QB Jacory Harris continued his perfection, in two ways: not throwing an incompletion on ten attempts (10/10 for 145 yards, 1 TD) AND his current 16-game winning streak. The defense, again, was the primary reason for the 'Canes win, limiting Colorado to under 200 yards of total offense, and by forcing 2 fumbles and 2 interceptions. The Miami defense also came up big with their pressure on the quarterback, accumulating 5 sacks in the game. After a late score by Colorado, and a great defensive stop on the ensuing two-point attempt, the score wound up 23-13.

Next week, the Hurricanes travel to take on, arguably, the most talented team in the nation, the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (A+ overall).

9. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Im liking this quick advancing, Ill do my recruiting when I get home from work, 4 hours or so

10. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I'm playing my game tomorrow. Super tired from the morning lifting we do...I'll definately play tomorrow though

11. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

bout to advance actually..

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    FSU 7 7 7 17 38
    BC 0 7 0 0 7

Sr QB Christian Ponder got the start today, and started off the game with a long drive capped by a Bert Reed TD reception. He was looking real good until throw three INTs three drives in a row (1 for a TD). Coach K was debating benching him, but stuck it out. On the next drive he hooked up with Bert Reed again, this time for a 50 yard TD. He would end the night with 355 yards, 4 TDs, and 3 INTs.

The defense played phenominal once again, and proved that they can carry this team.

12. Shmeezil

Shmeezil Walk On

GG SPatin. That play was strange. I watched the highlight of it and, like you said, it could have been anything from TD to fumble to incomplete. Obvi, I wish it was a TD! That would have made it 17-14. Anyway, your D is just sick (90+ at every position) and you were very methodical with your offense. Good luck the rest of the way.

13. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Wrong week for this summary