Week 3 Season 3

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Jan 10, 2012.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

[​IMG]
    Advance Max: Thursday @10PM EST
    =============== #13 Washington Huskies (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Washington lost 54-42 against Arkansas (1-0).
    This week, the Huskies travel to Champaign to face the Illinois Fighting Illini (1-0).

=============== #25 UCLA Bruins (1-0) ===============
    Last week the Bruins were idle.
    This week, the Bruins travel to Lincoln to face the #14 Nebraska Cornhuskers (1-1).

=============== Cal Golden Bears (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Cal won 14-9 against Army (0-1).
    This week, the Golden Bears will host #11 LSU (0-1).

=============== #24 Oregon State Beavers (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Oregon State won 59-16 against Hawai'i (0-2).
    This week, the Beavers are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) P Shelton Butler has committed to Boise State

=============== #22 Utah Utes (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Utah lost 27-21 against Alabama (1-0).
    This week, the Utes will host Colorado (1-0).

=============== #16 Arizona State Sun Devils (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Arizona State won 45-20 against Ball State (0-1).
    This week, the Sun Devils will host Indiana (1-0).

=============== Arizona Wildcats (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Arizona lost 49-15 against Oklahoma (1-0).
    This week, the Wildcats are idle.

=============== Washington State Cougars (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Washington State lost 33-10 against Auburn (1-0).
    This week, the Cougars will host #10 Iowa (1-0).

=============== Colorado Buffaloes (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Colorado won 31-7 against Fresno State (0-2).
    This week, the Buffaloes travel to Salt Lake City to face the #22 Utah Utes (1-1).

2. IrishBearcat

2 users lose to SEC powers.. not looking forward to LSU after the scare Army gave us!

3. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

4. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

I'll probably be on later tonight, or after 6 central tomorrow when I get off work. I got a friend playing the hell out of my call of duty game right now.

5. IrishBearcat

If you play tonight, lemme know. I wanna watch the stream.

6. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

I can play right now. Can't you?

7. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

I can. just finish typing a book report to Irish on his passing attack.
    Little does he know, most of it means nothing. He just has to stop throwing the ball at the defense

starting up the stream now

• Like Like x 1
  8. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

We are about to play.

9. IrishBearcat

You played me last year, I was AWFUL passing. Your post is helpful, but I will need to figure out most of it myself as you stated. Thanks for the help man!

10. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

I'd like to check out this particular passing thread.... guidance please my good sirs lol

11. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Bah Humbug!

Reggie Dunn deserves to have his hands cut off and sit on the bench the rest of the season. Not sure why I thought he was starting caliber

If he catches that 3rd down pass, I keep the ball around midfield with a minute to play in a tie game. I like my odds
    instead a poor punt. and even tho I had good hope after 1st and 2nd down, something was blown on 3rd down and a great great as Philly picked on me for a big gain. I *tried* to let you score and you didnt want to. I should have called a TO, wasnt thinking at that point

GG

12. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

IrishBearcat It said I was disconnected as I left the game and the game didn't save. But I see the score on the dynasty page online and on the game. Not really sure what the deal is, but I can't click the game and get stats from it.

N/M it's working now, thought it didn't save because of the message I got.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  13. IrishBearcat

That means you result did not record, but oshio's result recorded. As long as one of you records it, that's all that matters.

Great game, watched on live stream.

14. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

On a side note, in our 3 years, only 5 active players have multiple KR TDs and 3 of them are Utes as Newton returned his 3rd straight KR for a TD on the opening Kickoff.
    Pedroza won the Moss award as a freshman with 2 TD
    Ridley won it last year with 2
    Newton is averaging 52.8 Yards per return in 2 games in what looks like another Moss award to Utah

the other two players are users as well

• Like Like x 1
  15. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Colorado 38
    #22 Utah 31

Colorado pulls the upset in a crazy, up and down game. Utah jumped out to a quick 7-0 lead as they ran the kick off back, then Colorado responded with a run up the middle for about a 30 yard touchdown of their own. They forced a punt and kicked a field goal, then picked off Utah for a touchdown to make the score 17-7. Utah responded with a field goal, and then picked off Colorado and scored a touchdown. Colorado ended the half with a field goal and a 20-17 lead. Colorado ran a lot of clock off the 3rd quarter and got a field goal after a long possession to make the game 23-17. Utah got the ball around midfield and threw a 40 yard lob to the tight end that somehow caught the pass with the safety going up in good position for the swat. That made the score 24-23 Utah. Colorado got the ball to about the 45 and was faced with a 4th and 5, and while many people thought they should go for it, they punted. Utah made them pay, on 3rd down, they found a receiver cutting back across the deep middle and fired a strike to him for a touchdown and an 8 point lead. Colorado responded, and got all the way to the 2 yard line where they were faced with a 4th and 2. They threw a sweep to back up running back, Malcolm Creer who scored and Nick Hirschman threw a perfect pass for the 2 point conversion. Tie ball game with around 2:30 to go in the game. Utah ran a little clock off, picked up a 1st down, then on a 3rd and 8 threw a pass on a wide open curl route that the receiver dropped for no apparent reason. They would punt, but it would be shanked and Colorado would start at the 42. After an incompletion, Colorado had a wide open man over the middle, or could take off for about 10-15 yards with the QB. Nick decided to pass the ball and overthrew his receiver. With a 3rd and 10, and around 50 seconds left, Colorado needed to make something happen. They would as Impact Receiver Paul Richardson would get off the press with ease and be found for a 57 yard pass. Being the Senior Veteran he is, instead of walking into the end zone, he covered the ball up and was brought down at exactly the 1 yard line. Utah did not call a time out, and Colorado got to the line of scrimmage and let the clock run down to about 13 seconds. It would call a timeout then hand it off to the full back for a 1 yard touchdown. Utah would have a chance to throw a desperation pass to the end zone but it was batted down as the clock hit 0.

GG

16. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

The computer tried their hardest to screw me out of this Nebraska win. What should of been a 45-14 win turned to a 24-14 win for the Bruins. I swear every big play I had a penalty would happen, I find Willie Griffin open more than 2 times and the ball is right on spot and he doesnt even attack the ball just let's it float over him. I also returned a pick 6 only to get that turned around on a clip. I was destined to lose that game as i was forced 3+ interceptions but could never capitalize on them due to the penalties.

17. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

I've tried getting in the dynasty a couple of times tonight but EA servers were down all night. Sorry...couldnt get my game in.

18. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

No worries. Everyone has been complaining about that.

19. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Now that I think about it you play Indiana there's no way there going to win in a sim or do you still want to play it? CoachRedd

20. IrishBearcat

We're going to wait till 6 PM EST for CoachRedd to play. We'll advance after that.

21. IrishBearcat

California: 7
    #11 LSU: 16

I continue to struggle MIGHTILY with passing, and it's not just completing the pass. LSU scored first as QB Boehm got WHACKED and fumbled. LSU scooped and scored. LSU added a field goal and was up 10-0. The running game finally got going and Trajuan Briggs punched it into the endzone to make it a 7-10 game.

LSU added another field goal before halftime. I threw 1 pick in the first half, and added 2 more in the second. Boehm has 8 picks, ZERO touchdowns in his first 3 games. LSU won 16-7.

Cal gets a much needed bye week for week 4. A tough USC team approaches in week 5.

22. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

just sim it.

23. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

24. IrishBearcat

Fuzzy still has commish and will be advancing when he's off of work at 6. Should be anytime now.