Week 3 - Season 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mcyork, Jan 10, 2010.

1. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Week 3 - Season 5

Week 3

Hard Advance for Tuesday after Jman plays his game..
    ^^We are just waiting on Jman to play his game, everyone else who is left just has recruiting and we will NOT be waiting long at all for recruiting. I suggest getting it done ASAP so it isn't skipped. Jman, hopefully you will be able to do your Week 4 stuff right after your Week 3 stuff, and you Week 5 is a BYE. That would work out best.

Bye Weeks:
    Arizona
    BGSU
    Purdue
    Texas Tech
    UCF
    UCLA

GAMES OF THE WEEK
    #17[​IMG]VS[​IMG]
    Kent State 23, Oklahoma St. 20​

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A grind it out game. OK State had a decent secondary but I was able to get 100 yards rushing (good for Kent State). My O-line wasn't dominant, but didn't allow any sacks as my QB was able to get it out of his hands quickly.

The OK State offense was easy to stop as they stuck with mostly runs up the middle and short passing. Their first touchdown was caught with the WR clearly out of bounds but I challenged and it was upheld. But, it worked out and Kent State is on to conference play.

Offensive POTG: Brian Williams - 3 rec 89 yards, including 43 yard TD

Defensive POTG: DE John Edwards - 6 tackles, 3 TFL, sack

#11[​IMG]VS[​IMG]

#25[​IMG]VS[​IMG]

[​IMG]VS[​IMG]

[​IMG]VS[​IMG]
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    CSU​
    1st 2nd 3rd 4th
    7 13 0 0

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    CU ​
    1st 2nd 3rd 4th
    0 14 13 14

The Buffaloes Run Over The Rams

It took 2 1/2 quarters for the Buffs to start to impose their will on the CSU Rams but once they started running down hill they couldn't be stopped. In front of a sellout Invesco Field of 88,000 Colorado beat Colorado State 41-20 to recapture the Centennial Cup. The Buffs ran for over 300 yards and held the ball for 18:45 compared to the Rams 9:15. RS SR QB Clark Evans was 11-19 with 2 TD's and 1 INT his job for most of the game was to hand the ball off to some very hungry ball carriers. RS JR RB Willie Babcock had 24 carries for 153 yards and true Freshman John Harris had 101 yards on 22 touches with 2 TD's. The Rams were lead by QB Casey Hampton who was 18-29 for 252 yards with 3 TD's and 2 INT's. Both picks happened in the 2nd half and both lead to Buff scores. "This team is just getting started, we got a bunch of good kids that want to win but just haven't had the chance to do it over the last couple of years. If we can get the OL patched up this team can compete for a Big Twelve Title.(the line gave up 8 sacks against CSU)" said Coach York. That remains to be seen, up next for the Buffs is a trip to Utah.

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

york, when I advance can you rehost the OD?

3. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Well get there tomorrow night....Hard advance for Tuesday at noon....lol

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Okay, looks like troy and nati are soon to play..

I will advance right after that, but do not play your games or anything..

york will be taking back over the OD, and he'll let you know when he's sent invites!

5. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Game schedule says they won't play until about 10 or 11 tonight at this point.............Ugghhhh..........

6. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

And that was a maybe lol. It is what it is I suppose.

7. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

If the game isn't started by 8 pm central, I'm going to advance to the next week.

Actually, I will wait to advance until when york gets on. Preferably at 8 pm central.

Advance was set for Sunday. Nati was away over the weekend, they've had difficulty today, and we've gotta go..

hope you can get it started in the next 2.5 hours

8. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Eeeeasy Rip...haha we should be good to go pretty soon buddy.

9. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I'm just waiting for york to get on to advance...

10. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Invites should be out soon...

The game gave me a loss w/ the same exact results, so no worries there..

Also, please get back to throwing up the summaries in here

11. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

This week best not take more than a day and a half....lol

12. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Yep I'm done. Nothing much to report on other than USM jacking some of my recruits(which he wont even use!!!)!!! haha Oh and Eric Ward has fully recovered from his injury and will start against SoMiss next week.

13. The Shrike

The Shrike Colonel Thrillz

Kent State 23, Oklahoma St. 20

A grind it out game. OK State had a decent secondary but I was able to get 100 yards rushing (good for Kent State). My O-line wasn't dominant, but didn't allow any sacks as my QB was able to get it out of his hands quickly.

The OK State offense was easy to stop as they stuck with mostly runs up the middle and short passing. Their first touchdown was caught with the WR clearly out of bounds but I challenged and it was upheld. :mad: But, it worked out and Kent State is on to conference play.

Offensive POTG: Brian Williams - 3 rec 89 yards, including 43 yard TD

Defensive POTG: DE John Edwards - 6 tackles, 3 TFL, sack

14. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Just makin sure that 5 Star ATH will choose USM before he chooses TTU. I already assured him I might be taking another position, he will be choosing his school based on academics....LOL

15. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Notice edit to first post.

16. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Hey, I won't be able to play my week 5 game until Monday night if the next two weeks of game play make it that long. If not, oh well I guess. I have a bye in week 4 so I'm good there. I'll try and check the site once in awhile to see where we stand.

17. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I won't be able to recruit until like 5 eastern, is that too late? Are all weeks this season going to be on a 24 hour hard advance? Damn.

18. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Hey guys if you could all post your game summary in this thread so that I can edit the 1st post. I will copy and post it that way we can look back at the games week to week under each 1st post. I did it with Shrike and I will get mine up today. Thanks Matt

19. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Theres only 6 games this week (maybe 5), we've got one left. Last week was actually 4 days..

Rip and J are going out of town. We can't extend advances too long if we want them to be able to play their games.

btw...and only for games...we can add users in to play the games for you guys while youre gone..I hope you can still post on the forums.

20. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

Ok I dont have an invite - I checked again this morning and don't have an invite from MYCANE.... Maybe resend?

21. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Nati will send an invite by 12 sorry

22. BDSDIGITAL

can you do something about that sig York?

23. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

We're just waiting on troy, nati, and ravedown..

24. BDSDIGITAL

i'm done