Week 3, Season 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mmullen8, Jan 19, 2012.

1. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

We advanced...

We move again on Saturday night Sat night at 9pm ct

Memphis survives Arkansas, has #16 GT next
    WKU takes a kick back to beat Boston College in a user game, I think...who would know, there isnt a write up
    Coach Pro and Kent State were primed to head out west for an upset....forgot to win
    TBone loses against UCF...offense puts up 3 points, battles his roomate next
    Poor Funnel, I schedule him for two straight user games...lost a tough one to open up his career
    EMU beats Oregon State in the biggest win of Coach Henry's career at EMU
    Goose evens up with a FCS blowout
    Bonner murders UAB...Oklahoma next
    Utah State loses the battle of Utah...badly. SDSU up next
    Miami opens by pounding Purdue, turtles up next
    LSU kills Zona....has a bye week...that is a theme this season

Write game recaps....or else, Heath will get all preachy

2. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Memphis falls in the Liberty Bowl for the first time in my tenure. Two huge picks by me were the difference, stupid ints too...the kind that piss you off for the rest of the night. The run game was working but I got down and abandoned that way to early. Made some plays through the air, but not enough. All in all, another good game by my freshman WR and my D-line which didn't have much of a pass rush, but did manage to control the option fairly well. A missed opportunity for Memphis to knock off a ranked team and really gain some regional success.
    GT 27
    Memp 17

Off POTG. WR T. Patrick, three big catches, two of which for TD's
    Def POTG. DE D. Tyson, 3 TFL, 1 Sack

• Like Like x 1
  3. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

I have another bye week? Weird. Oh wait, I only have like 2 games left.

• Like Like x 3
  4. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

Somehow, the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers find themselves at 2-0. But it hasn't been pretty... Hasn't been pretty at all.

In Week 2, against the Boston College Jesuits, the Hilltoppers were out "offensed" by a margin of 420yds to 165. But with the ability to come up with crucial turnovers (3INTs and a fumble recovery) mixed with taking excellent care of the ball themselves (0 TOs), WKy came up with the win. It was an exciting game however, one that saw 3TDs in the final minute. With exactly 1:00 left, WKy went up 14-7 on a 1yd rushing TD. A simple few plays later, BC connected with a TD score with 40 ticks left to go. But the special teams would let the missionary society down as Western Kentucky iced the game with a 84yd return for the win... Hilltoppers 21, BC 14.

In Week 3, The Hilltoppers played a vastly different game, committing 6TOs yet mustering together key drives to overcome an early 14pt deficit and very late 10pt deficit. In overtime, both teams traded TD scores on the first series and then on the 2nd, WKy was held to a FG but the defense stepped up finally and big, sacking Wyoming for a long loss on 3rd down and then watching as the Cowboys missed wide right on a long FG.

No idea how we're 2-0. It's been ugly!

Game Notes
    -The new guy, whom I think is TBones "partner," played a great game. Fair, sim, a wonderful sport, and unbelievably fun game. However, Cathedralites, prepare yourselves as apparently Rude's better half likes to conjure his inner-Peyton Manning as you will be hard pressed to find the likes of one who audibles, hot routes, motions, and just barks at his teammates at the line of scrimmage as much as this feminine and discriminated-against newcomer (California gay culture can be a hard life). but that is truly a joke as again: dude played very fair, spread it around, didn't see any cheesee, gimmee plays whatsoever. Welcome brohimey.
    -Somehow, my ovr59 FS leads the nation in INTs (3)... I simply refer to him as Rudy. No idea his real name. Don't want to know it.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
    • Like Like x 4
  5. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Eastern Michigan 2-0!

For the first time in Coach Henry's career, his EMU Eagles are 2-0. With a complete victory over Florida International it was backup QB and JUCO transfer Pierre Mitchell who stole the show. A scrambling quarterback by nature it was his first pass that was beautifully dropped over the defense to a speeding Demarious Reed for a 73 yard score. Mitchell put Reed in motion and found a mismatch when the outside linebacker's assignment then became Reed. Reed ran a seem route up the middle and ran past the covering LB to be open and that's when Mitchell hit him.
    Mitchell also showed off his legs with a 53 yard scamper for a TD.
    Starters are not supposed to lose their job over injuries but it will be an interesting decision for Coach Henry on who to start.
    Ramon Taylor and Geoff Rich continued their hot start on defense by adding another int giving them both 2 for the year. Lamont Bentley added another sack making his total to 5 in 2 games.

Up next is bdub's Utah St. Aggies.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pro

Pro Walk On

Kent State Head Coach Andrew Profio was especially fired up for his team's game against Eastern Carolina. During his pregame speech he was talking so loudly that every word could be heard outside of the Flashes locker room.

"Gentlemen, we have an opportunity today to right the ship against a very good team. Last week we lost to one of the top 25 teams in the country but we fought hard. We did fight hard, but aren't you tired of moral victories?! I know I am. I AM TIRED OF MEDIOCRITY! This team has too much talent to be mediocre. Offense, I know we lost a major player for the next couple of weeks, and you know what I say about it? Fuck it! We have talent here and it will take a group effort to score points and move the ball. Defense, if you play as hard as you did a week ago we will be in good shape. Force some turnovers and capitalize off them. Now, let's go out and there and kick some ass!"

Those words really hit hard with a pair of freshman. Kent won the toss and elected to get the ball first. Junior running back Adam Justice was tasked with replacing the 90 overall starter, Akise Teague, who suffered an abdominal strain in the Week 2 loss to Arizona State. He got the Flashes off to a good start but freshman tight end Antonio Collier took that good start up to a great start. The 6'6" first year player was on the receiving end of a 58 yard touchdown strike from senior quarterback Jordan Tarver.

The great start would become even better on the next two defensive stands. On the ECU first offensive possession, freshman cornerback Stanford Holt picked off a Ricky Watson pass and returned it 22 yards to the house. On ECU's next possession, Holt again intercepted another Watson pass, and took it back 63 yards for another Kent touchdown. The Flashes would score again, this time on offense when Tarver found fellow senior Josh Boyle for a ten yard touchdown. ECU would finally get on the board when Tarver threw an ill advised pass, which was picked off by Pirates corner Kris Lundy and returned 76 yards for a touchdown. Kent was up 28-7 at halftime. "We were extremely satisfied with our performance in the first half. We wanted to dominate and we did." Profio said.

ECU had other plans and finally showed up in the second half. Watson found Pirates wideout Steve Parrish for a 15 yard touchdown strike. It was now a two score game at 28-14. Both teams kickers would trade field goals to end the third quarter which found the score sitting at 31-17.

ECU would pull within a touchdown when running back Jeremy Crum found the endzone from 54 yards out to make it 31-24. Kent State's reliable kicker Grant Cooper chipped in a 18 yard field goal to push the lead back up to 10. The Pirates would make things interesting once again when Watson found Anthony Turner for a 4 yard touchdown pass. With 1:22 remaining, ECU attempted an onside kick which Kent recovered. The Flashes would run out the clock to preserve the 34-31 victory.

"What a great win for our team. I am proud that they made just enough plays to win the game, but ECU shouldn't have gotten it that close. We were 21 points going into the second half and our guys fell asleep. We need to keep the pedal to the metal if we want to accomplish our goals this season." Profio said.

The now 1-1 Flashes travel to Illinois to take on the Big Ten's Fighting Illini.

STATS:

Tarver 13/27, 225 yards, 6 carries 12 yards, 2 touchdowns 1 int

Justice 36 carries 136 yards

Collier 1 catch 58 yards 1 touchdown

Boyle 1 catch 10 yards 1 touchdown

Holt 3 tackles 2 interceptions 2 touchdowns

Johnson 3 tackles 1 interception

• Like Like x 2
  7. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Hey guys how do me and funn3l play our game offline? I remember Goose trying to play Pro the same way. I'd love to hear how to do it so we can getter dun in a timely fashion.

8. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Tennessee holds on to a 17-14 victory over the Sooners of Oklahoma in a defensive battle that saw both teams shut down the run. This gives me hope going into the SEC even though i have five straight tough games like this to go before my schedule calms down.

9. vatechhokie01

I think this means we don't know so google that 'ish!

• Like Like x 1
  10. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

really 5:57 am ^^^ go to sleep.....

That being said, mormon puts up 66 points at Maryland. Basically without scoring in the 4th qtr. Time for a slider tweak?

btw....he is being docked 20 scholarships for the this season

11. vatechhokie01

6:57am in virginia

12. vatechhokie01

And all for this but don't go getting ahead of yourself there willow.

13. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

willow joke has already been played you unoriginal bastard

14. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

so i take it his name is funnel? like the 3 is representing an E? If so, is it that imperative that we use the 3 everytime

15. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Hey my name is TRude and I got dubbed the Ravishing one and TBone before I played a game. Plus if his ass isn't on the board to state either way then doesn't sound like it is disputed.

16. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

Nevin Shapiro and the rest of the Canes are serving notice to all of college football, this years BCS trophy belongs to us!

17. vatechhokie01

Simon Birch,

Must have missed that. My bad.

• Like Like x 1
  18. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

You'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands first.

• Like Like x 1
  19. vatechhokie01

Both u guys better watch out for the new guy funne... Oh wait, never mind. He blows.

• Like Like x 1
  20. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

thats better, Guy who goes to a party and doesnt drink the keg beer, instead a nice merlot he brought himself

21. vatechhokie01

u go to parties with kegs still?

22. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Well I think all of us cool guys now know that Heath does bring his own glass of merlot and alwas has. Otherwise he would have referred to a "party with kegs" as a kegger. Way to bust yourself out WoW nerd.

• Like Like x 1
  23. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

I see heath, letting his brandy breathe while playing his guitar that no one asked him to bring, strumming it in the corner waiting for people to ask him how ironic he is

• Like Like x 1
  24. Goose

Goose Walk On

One of you (Rude) has to log into the dynasty. Go to the teams page and highlight your team, hit "X" and there should be an option to set offline password. You make you password up. Then the log off the PS3 and the other logs in gets into the dynasty and selects the game, but chooses to play game offline. Then you'll have to put your password in and you should be set to play.

25. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Bdub what's your number so we can get our game in for next week tomorrow.