Week 3, Season 6 - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Feb 17, 2012.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

We have advanced!

Advance Schedule:
    -Sunday, noon EST

Week Notes:
    -User Games: Plague/Tbone, Bonner/Pro
    -Other Games of Note: LSU plays @ juggernaut Nevada, UVA takes vs. #4 Florida State

Last Week Notes:
    -Mullen wins gay sim
    -Ohio State wins heartbreaker to Bama

2. vatechhokie01

P.S. Online recruiting is definitely jacked up big-time. Everytime I refresh I have a new team's recruiting board.

3. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

OSU "wins" heartbreaker?

4. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

I ended up with Arizona's recruiting board just now. They have already signed 8 players (2 5 stars and 4 4 stars).

5. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Pro let me know when you can play.

6. Pro

Pro Walk On

Tonight after 8:15 or all day tomorrow

7. Goose

Goose Walk On

Est?

8. vatechhokie01

meant loses... my bad. didn't mean to add salt :)

As for the Cavaliers vs FSU!!!...

I had forgotten what it was like to play powerhouses. Love dropping 7 balls.

9. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Ravishing what's your cell bro. Mines 650 954 6838. I have a busy schedule the next coupke days because I'm leaving for Cali on Sunday. Let's try to get this in

10. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

What's up man. I can play whenever today and tomorrow since I'm off on vacation. I'll text you in a lil while and see what works for you.

11. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Pro text me 951-541-1330

12. Pro

Pro Walk On

Ohio State comes from behind to beat Tennessee.

The Buckeyes of Ohio State were more than upset after their loss to Alabama. A loss that dropped them from their #1 overall ranking. "Were we pissed? Absolutely! We had every reason to win that game and we didn't. The defense did their part, but the offense let them down." OSU offensive coordinator Andrew Profio said after the game.

Playing their first road game of the season, their matchup with the #11 Volunteers was nothing to scoff at. This was their second week in a row playing a top 15 SEC team. Knoxville is always a tough place to play, and the Buckeyes learned that quickly.

The Scarlet and Grey got things going when running back Carlos Harris found the endzone from 1 yard out midway through the 1st quarter. Tennessee running back James Willis found the endzone twice during the 2nd quarter, from 1 and 83 yards respectively. This gave the Vols a 14-7 halftime lead.

Tennessee would tack on a field goal to make it 17-7. After going 3 and out, the Volunteers got the ball back. Quarterback Adrian Sullivan threw an errant pass that was picked off and returned by linebacker Bruce Hill. The 36 yard touchdown gave the Buckeyes new life. The Silver Bullets stepped up their play, forcing the Tennessee offense to bog down which gave Profio and his offense another opportunity. They didn't get the touchdown they were looking for, but tied the game up with a field goal from 23 yards out. Tennessee, which ran a very conservative offense got the ball late in the fourth quarter, and found themselves in field goal range. They were lined up to kick the game winning field goal with 3 seconds left, when Profio called the timeout in an attempt to ice the kicker. The strategy worked and the field goal went wide left. OSU won the overtime coin flip and picked to play defense. Sullivan would throw his 3rd and final interception of the game which gift wrapped the game for the Buckeyes. Coach Bonner tried icing the OSU kicker, but to no avail. The 38 yard kick stayed true and gave the Buckeyes the 20-17 victory.

• Like Like x 2
  13. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

I hate you so much! I already have a shit kicker no need to ice the bastard! Meanwhile how you picked off that last pass is beyond me as I had three WRS to one DB who makes the play. Total horse shit ending to what looked to be a great win for the Vols.

14. Pro

Pro Walk On

I hope this is a joke.....

15. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

No joke, good game though there are no hard feelings. My young team choked what are you to do. I can't believe I stood up to your stout all 99 team, to that I am very proud.

16. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Sorry for the absence fellas, Will play tonight late. I love and hate regional/sectionals time of the year.

17. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Lay beats nevada 41-14, but then it freezes on post game screen. Will play tonight maybe. I had some violent food poisoning last night and am finally back among the living.

18. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Memphis had some violent diarhea on the field against UCF. I can't run the ball at all really. None of my wr's are ever open. When they do find themselves open, the EA gods make damn well sure they they dont even attempt to catch the ball. Yes I let up 70 points but in all honesty, I quit playing defense when in the second qtr. What a joke this season is going to be...Weave, sure as hell could you that QB your buried on your depth chart like a jerk. Bad news is, contract is up, prestige is dropping like a rock, not sure if I can even get this job back.

19. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Hey guys. All good things must come to an end. I just dropped out of the dynasty. Unfortunately this game is horrible(thanks EA) and it feels more like a burden for me to play instead of looking forward to it because it is fun. This has nothing to do with anybody in Cathedral and really just the game itself. I will try and stay on the boards as frequent as possible because you guys are my friends even though I've never met you all in person YET. Text me or hit me up online for games of Madden BF3, MLB the Show(when it comes out), and Fifa. Sorry for going back and forth on this decision, but it's better for us all to have a bunch of guys that are really interested in playing the game.

20. vatechhokie01

peace. take care bro.

21. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

take care man.

22. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

LSU beats Nevada again by the same score. I didn't even try to do that and I won again 41-14. My secondary did the work picking off 3 passes including one for a td. I also had a sack-fumble-td on the day.

My WR's are terrible. My 2 starters suck. I made a move to my 6-4 so. white boy wr Phil Yates (I have a thing for white WR's). He caught 4 balls for 81 yards and a td. He may replace my #2 guy.

I know you guys won't lose any sleep over this, but this may be my least impressive offense.

23. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Cant say that I blame you man, after a 70 point drubbing i get it. but I press on...stay in touch