Week 3 Season 7

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, May 2, 2012.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

[​IMG]

"Fuck famous, let's get LEGENDARY!"
    [​IMG]
    Advance Max: Friday 1:00 PM EST
    WHAT WE MUST ACCOMPLISH TO ADVANCE TO WEEK 4:​
    Bucs
    1. All games should be completed (24 hr cpu/48 user max)​
    2. All game summaries should be posted​
    THANK YOU for you cooperation, you guys have been awesome as usual! Let's keep it up.​
    =============== UCLA Bruins (1-0) ===============
    Last week the Bruins were idle.
    This week, the Bruins will host #13 Washington (1-0).
    =============== #8 Cal Golden Bears (1-0) ===============
    Last week the Golden Bears were idle.
    This week, the Golden Bears will host #1 Alabama (1-0).
    =============== USC Trojans (0-1) ===============
    Last week the Trojans were idle.
    This week, the Trojans will host Connecticut (1-0).
    =============== #13 Washington Huskies (1-0) ===============
    Last week the Huskies were idle.
    This week, the Huskies travel to Pasadena to face the UCLA Bruins (1-0).
    =============== Utah Utes (1-0) ===============
    Last week the Utes were idle.
    This week, the Utes will host Colorado (0-1).
    =============== Colorado Buffaloes (0-1) ===============
    Last week the Buffaloes were idle.
    This week, the Buffaloes travel to Salt Lake City to face the Utah Utes (1-0).
    =============== #23 Oregon State Beavers (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Beavers were idle.
    This week, the Beavers will host #3 Ohio State (1-0).
    =============== #16 Oregon Ducks (1-0) ===============
    Last week the Ducks were idle.
    This week, the Ducks travel to University Park to face the Penn State Nittany Lions (0-1).
    =============== #10 Stanford Cardinal (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Cardinal were idle.
    This week, the Cardinal travel to Madison to face the #6 Wisconsin Badgers (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Stanford targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Chris Brown has committed to Stanford
    - (***) LT Michael West has committed to Stanford
    =============== Arizona State Sun Devils (1-0) ===============
    Last week the Sun Devils were idle.
    This week, the Sun Devils will host #19 Virginia Tech (1-0).
    =============== Washington State Cougars (1-0) ===============
    Last week the Cougars were idle.
    This week, the Cougars will host Army (0-1).
    =============== Arizona Wildcats (1-0) ===============
    Last week the Wildcats were idle.
    This week, the Wildcats will host #20 Arkansas (1-0).

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  2. IrishBearcat

Time for some payback for last season's National Championship game - leggo!

3. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

IrishBearcat should be able to get this game in. Hopefully tonight

4. IrishBearcat

Good to hear, Oregon State is itching to take the field for their season opener! :D

Advance max is Friday at 1:00 PM EST, so hopefully you can squeeze it in at some point. Tonight would be awesome!

5. IrishBearcat

[​IMG]
    GOLDEN BEARS OUTCLASSED ON HOME TURF
    IN REMATCH AGAINST CRIMSON TIDE 17-38
    [​IMG]
    A pick six, eight week injury to QB Dan Larsen, and bad football led to a long afternoon for California

After a long week of practice QB Dan Larsen was named the starter for the rematch with #1 Alabama. Coach IrishBearcat felt very confident heading into the game with the changes made to offense and felt the team was prepared to handle the challenge of facing the #1 team in the country.

The first quarter the offense stalled, and then made a huge error on a screen pass. Larsen threw a pass to what looked to be an open RB but Bama CB Marcus Lewis made a very athletic play to jump in front of the pass and intercept it with one hand for a touchdown. All of the momentum was sucked out of the stadium, and the offense continued to stall. Meanwhile, Alabama added TD passes of 61 and 39 yards to give them a 21-0 lead. On 4th and 2 from the 42 yard line Cal elected to go for it, but Larsen was injured on the play after being tackle short of the first down.

Bad news followed as Larsen broke several ribs and would be out for at least 8 weeks. Bama proceeded to add a field goal before halftime to go up 24-0 on the #8 team in the country.

[​IMG]
    California was finally able to get something going after forcing a 3 and out on defense as RB Shaun Young rumbled into the end-zone on a 10 yard burst through the middle of the line. Alabama added another 31 pass for a touchdown to go up 31-8. On the next drive QB Seth Fritz threw a pick inside the 10 yard line, but MLB Sam Rowe forced a safety to cut the score to 31-10. Bama added a 28 yard bomb in the fourth quarter and Cal added a garbage touchdown at the end to put the final score to 17-38 in a loss.​

• Like Like x 1
  6. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

That sucks, tough loss. But I think me and Cougars are getting ours in tonight, so get ready to read all about that one. I had a tough loss to Twister18 in the T1 league last night, I had some poor clock management that costed me 3 points at the end of 2nd quarter, and then he finally overtook me by 3 points and put the pressure on and I made mistakes.

7. IrishBearcat

Yeah definitely was a tough loss. I've always ran a smash-mouth/pro-style type offense that resembles Stanford that past couple of years. I've switched to more of a spread option offense with an athletic quarterback. Getting used to the new offense, and now losing my QB with wheels, is going to hurt.

I'm contemplating starting redshirt freshman QB Josh Martin. He has speed and a decent arm, but he's young. Hopefully we can rebound next week against BYU before hitting conference play.

8. HoundsOfHowl

You'll have to get the win against BYU and probably only be able to take one more loss or its out of the Natty for the Bears

9. IrishBearcat

I expect at the very least one loss in conference play, and with the injury to QB + a new offense most likely more. BYU will be a must win to stay alive for the NC picture.

10. HoundsOfHowl

True, I figure a 2 loss conference team is still alive in the CCG hunt though

11. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

wow FCS SE broke off their foot in then #1 Penn States' ass last week. they won 15-3 and didnt give up a single yard through the air and held penn state to -135 rushing​

• Like Like x 1
  12. Alwaysfly

Alwaysfly Walk On

Utah and Colorado went down to the last second. Colorado was at the 6 yard line with two seconds left and he throws to his wide open WR but my CB jumps up to swat the ball for the win. John Nixon was great going 7-14, 166 yards and two passing touchdowns. One touchdown was a jump ball and Smith comes down with it. Utah defense was amazing holding Colorado to -19 rushing yards and hurting the starting QB Cook for the season.

Utah 14
    Colorado 7

13. IrishBearcat

WOW, sounds like an awesome game! I feel your pain moparjoe , I lost my starting QB for 8 weeks. They're FRAGILE!

Alwaysfly & Moparjoe - any "juggernauts" you could post about in said thread? :)

14. moparjoe

moparjoe Walk On

hopefully the computer stats will be better in the next version, what garbage. Maybe a last second win is understandable, that is just ludicrus.

• Like Like x 1
  15. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

I got raped by the CPU. It was so ugly I considered resigning. 40-14 VT raped ASU. My team is so bad. Bad OL Bad WR Bad QB. My defense cant stop anyone

16. moparjoe

moparjoe Walk On

OFFENSIVE LINE WOES CONTINUE FOR THE BUFFS
    The game was looking really bad at first for Colorado. After the first half it looked like Utah would pull away for good, leading 14-0. Colorado put together a 3 and out on defense for the Utes first possesion of the second half. They then took the next possesion, led by the Senior quarterback (fresh off the bench after freshman quarterback Cook was knocked out for the season with a foot fracture)and marched all the way for the score. I say marched, but mostly passed, the defense was let loose by the line, poor running back was getting hit 1-3 yards in the backfield on every run.
    The defense was stout for the Buffs only allowing 2 of 7 3rd down conversions. Late in the fourth quater maybe :56 seconds left, it was 4th and a mile at least 16 yards(thanks to the 2 sacks earlier). The senior quarterback sees the defense and calls a hot route to the running back. The running back cathes the contested ball for a 18 yard completion "FIRST DOWN". But the Buffs still have 30 yards to go for the tying score, after a couple of completions the Buffs are at the 6 yard line. First and goal with 8 seconds left. After a couple of close calls for interception, its 4th and goal with 2 seconds left. The Quarterback sees the defense is in Man coverage so he calls a hot slant out route, the reciever gets 5 yards behind the defender, we are going to overtime, "NO" cornerback just simply jumps and swats the touchdown pass down.
    Colorado will defenitely have to work on running against stacked defensive fronts, but the Coach sees promise with this bunch of scrappy kids. It was a hell of a game and the coach was happy to see the the will to fight until the final second.
    Coaches comment later after the game " I'm not going to lie we were definetely up against it, but these kids showed real heart and come out fighting after the first half. This is going to be a long season but i can see the potential of this team, we just need to learn how to not give up the big plays."
    FINAL SCORE: UTAH 14 BUFFS 7
    TTL OFFENSE: UTAH 206 BUFFS 184

17. moparjoe

moparjoe Walk On

A random Colorado fan was aked after the game what he thought of the Freshman quarterback being out for the rest of the season. He just simply replied "He played like hot garbage anyway, sumbitch threw 4 picks allready, i just thank the Utah bastard for putting an end to all this freshman better than the senior quarterback crap (spitting his dip at the end of the quote)".

• Like Like x 1
  18. Will Atkinson

Will Atkinson Walk On

[​IMG]
    Week 3
    Stanford 24
    Wisconsin 27

Stanford kicked off there season traveling up to Wisconsin for a top 10 match-up with the Badgers. Early on it was back and forth with really good football being played from both teams. With the game tied 10-10 half way through the 3rd quarter. That's when the momentum really shifted in the Badgers favor, it was 4th and inches and we had the ball in there territory but not quite in FG range. Bower gained the first down on the QB sneak but right before he hit the ground the ball was stripped and the Badgers recovered. After that, Wisconsin rode the momentum to back-to-back TD's giving them a 14 point 4th quarter lead.

This Stanford Cardinal team didn't lay down and die though, they fought back scoring two TD's of their own in less than two minutes to tie the game up at 24-all. This resiliency has me very excited going forward with the season. Even though Wisconsin kicked a game-winning FG with 1 second remaining to take the win.

Offensive outlook:
    Bower showed some signs of brilliance despite throwing two picks, the running game was really having a hard time getting rolling but we won't abandon that after one game. Expect more carries from the Cardinal backfield going forward. If we can get consistent play from the running backs then I believe Bower can have an excellent season at QB this season.

[​IMG]
    Next week Stanford has there home opener against UCLA.​

19. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. HoundsOfHowl

21. IrishBearcat

LOL - nice find!

I got raped by #1 Bama with a very talented team. Heisman is very beatable, but if your game is off or your team has a major talent void it can be quite challenging. OOC games are going to be interesting and tough, but I think conference play will be a little more balanced and competitive.

My younger QB got hurt too, but I still may bench the SR for an even younger QB due to his mobility and my offensive scheme. This quote made me laugh.

Tough loss early in the season, but at least you were competitive! Stanford v UCLA should be a very good matchup.

Showoff... :cool:

22. IrishBearcat

23. moparjoe

moparjoe Walk On

Did u notice they beat LSU. The week before at LSU. what kind of freak show is this.

24. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

I did not. But man they are fuckin up my strength of schedule. I play both those guys.

25. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

Playing my game right now will edit post with results :)