Week 3: Skins Continue Winning Ways; Edge Bills by a hair

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by klaximilian, Nov 24, 2010.

1. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Apr 14, 2010
    A short hair.

The Bills were inches away from sending the Redskins out of Buffalo with another loss on their record. On a 4th and Goal form the 1 with just 20 seconds remaining, the Bills opted to toss the ball to CJ Spiller hoping he could get around the corner into the endzone for just 1 measly gain. And it appeared as though he was going to propel the Bills to 2-1, but out of nowhere Yeremiah Bell came unblocked and stopped all momentum of Spiller as he dropped him at the half-yard line.

Both Skins and Bills coaches, players, and owners were stunned.

Coach Scikotic later said that he would have put good money that Spiller would have galloped into the endzone uncontested. "I didn't even see him (Bell). All I saw was out linebackers tied up and Hall being blocked by their TE. Someone didn't account for Bell," Said Coach Scik.

"We need to play better, we need to make sure we don't put ourselves in those positions if we want to win a lot of football games," Coach Scikotic explained. "We had a cushy 17-0 lead in the 2nd quarter, and we let it slip away. That sort of thing is what kills teams, but we held on for the win. A close win. For today I guess that makes us a good team. But we need to play better."

Rookie Aaron Scott scored the 1st TD of his career on a 40 yard pass from McNabb, but later in the game when McNabb was able to identify Scott 1 on 1 with the DB, he went deep again but was picked off. Again, in the 2nd half McNabb retried the 1 on 1 coverage and was picked of yet again. The rookie has yet to impress anyone, as he has shown little fight to get the ball. He's running slow routes and isn't going up to get the ball.

The Skins (2-1) play the division rival Eagles (1-2) next week back in the nation's capital.