week 3 Starting over, Hellisan as File Commish

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

week 3 Starting over, Hellisan as File Commish

Ok guys.... This is the last ditch attempt.

Fosh is asking me to type this. He is washing his hands of all of you.

Just kidding, but due to the various problems we have had, we decided to start over. And my save was from Week 3. I have already played and recruited. Everybody needs to do whatever they want to do by tomorrow night. recruiting, playing, etc. I have put the people that lost user games on Auto and you have a choice here....

For those people that won user games, you can either play it, or get with me. You can sim that, and if it doesn't get the right result I can throw it out.

VERY IMPORTANT - If for some reason it doesn't show that the old files (Tradition 2010), (herewegoagain) have been retired by Fosh, please remove yourself from those leagues before you accept the invite to join this new one (The Tradition).

If you don't want to play your cpu game again, you have to sim it, and if the right results don't work out then I'll throw it out.

Thanks

2. jfosh

jfosh Super

I know everybody pushed through some bull shit in week 2 and again in week 3 in record time.

THANKS for all the effort but it just was not going to be recovered with the file we had.

I think there might have been a problem with dynasty associated with my gamer tag, hence why half of you were in one dynasty and the other half in the correct one.

Helli has graciously taken over hosting the dynasty and I'm confident it will proceed without any problems going forward.

The decsion was to stay in week 3 so nobody would miss out on any more recruiting time.

Helli, Bruce, Ramirez thanks for helping me try to fix this last night.

3. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Thanks for all the work you did Fosh. Hopefully this straightens it out.

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Wow.........alot of wasted hours from T1 members this week.........mutherfugger.

5. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

jms, did you and mo play? final?

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

fuck you

7. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

lol...im not sure if you lost bad or got disco again. when i logged off last night it was tied 7-7

8. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

just put me on Auto until it gets figured out... thx for all the hard work.

Im telling you, my plan of starting over and simming the 1st 4 seasons would get us playing quicker that jacking with this corrupted dynasty.

but anyways, not my decision... just let me know when things get figured out with the file.

9. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Have we done a test to make sure this will work this time? If not can we do so?

Sorry I'm just not down with wasting the time and effort to play another game and do recruiting again if its going to prove fruitless. "Should work" at this point IMO is meaningless since we've just had three "should works" blown up in our faces. I'd like a "will work" before I move hell and high water in my personal life to get a game played.

10. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

complety different game than last night.....the score at the end of quarter 1 28-14

In the 4th quarter I made it 34-28.....then got stopped on 3rd and 1 twice...punted....he went up by 2 scores again.

some more crazy shit happened and I lost........Taylor got pulled and JuJu scored but made some inaccurate throws in the 2nd half.

I will make highlights tonite or tomorrow.....it stings.......oh it stings!!

I was waiting for my mulligan but it never came :(

11. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Thanks for the effort Fosh, I can say I definately don't envy you this week. As for my game with Ramirez I think it may only be fair to auto me. Unless of course he want's to give it another try.

12. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    geez lol...

should we accept the tradition 2010 from u helli...

13. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I think if this dynasty cant be fixed and we are going to restart we need to let everyone choose whatever team they want and go from there.

Because of the disco issues, spreading out and limiting the user games in conference is a smart idea until the issue is fixed.

We can always schedule out of conference games with each other if we want to risk the disco or if the issue is fixed.

Crowding together like we are now should be out until we know user games are going to work.

It also lets everyone play with their favorite teams.

My hope is that this fixes the issue we have now.

14. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Bly do your recruiting and ill spend the time making sure your team gets the win and no injuries.

If it doesnt work you are out ten minutes.

15. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

You just don't want the ass whooping Auburn is going to put on you this season.

16. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

1) Make sure you are definitely out of the other league (it should tell you he retired it. If not, retire yourself.

2) Accept the invite from me entitled "The Tradition"

I'll go ahead and sim the guys that wanna be simmed. Thanks guys

17. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

LOL!

Oh you're autoed. everybody who lost a user game is on auto.

18. jfosh

jfosh Super

Just do your recruiting.

So I guess what your saying is everyone else waste their time, your time is to important.

Were not asking you guys to play your game again. Just do your recruiting, and sim your game. If the sim is a loss or a big injury Helli will throw it out. How long does it take to do recruiting and sim a game? I sure you dont have to "move hell and high water" to accomplish this.

If we all spend a little time doing this vs one person spending a ton of doing it all. Trust I've spent 5 times as much time doing this as you.

I'm sorry if I try to remain positive about what will work. Thats just me I would rather be that way in life. Thats the way im going to be about this week as well. This SHOULD work!!! Do your recruiting... we dont want you to be pissed if it works..... there is no going back after this works.

19. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Good post Josh...seriously guys, everyone is trying to get this to work, Foshe more than anyone. Log on, recruit for 10 mins, supersim your game. If something happens where you lose, or a player gets hurt, Helli hit's throw out results, you do it again. Whole thing should take 30 mins. Is there a guarantee it will work, no. But we signed up to a league where ideally we would be playing/recruiting daily. So what's the big fucking deal to do it again tonite?

20. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I'll do this tonite.......

21. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah, and (and I think Fosh would back me up here) this is probably the last thing we try.

22. BlyGilmore

dude i'm not dumping on anybody and i certainly appreciate the efforts.

But i'll say it again ... tonight should be a test. We all super sim, advance and see if it takes. If it does take then fine, lets continue from Week 3 like normal and keep our fingers crossed.

If it doesn't take then its over with this dynasty and we need to figure out what to do from here.

But to me the whole "recruit like its really, super sim try to make sure you don't kill your team and pray to God it works" is just a waste of time - for me, you and all involved. We've tried it three times and have no real reason to beleive its going to work this time around.

23. BlyGilmore

so just to summarize i propose the following ...

- helli keeps a fresh week three backup.

- everybody recruit tonight. results won't matter so just blow through it.

- everybody go in and super sim their games. post the result here. what it actually is doesn't matter - we're just making sure they carry through.

- when we're done helli advances. if everything worked fine he rehosts the dynasty and we do it for real, playing or super simming our games.

- if it doesn't we need to figure out contingency plans that IMO start with "kill this current dynasty"

24. jfosh

jfosh Super

It is a test, the final one. And if it works then we will be done with week 3 and into week 4 with everyone on equal footing...

What we are trying is entirely different than anything we have attempted yet. The Dynasty File is being hosted by another gamertag. Why shouldn't work? See I differ from you in that I have no reason to believe it won't work this time.

25. jfosh

jfosh Super

If this is the final shot why not do it for real? Why waste time with a test? Make tonight the test and move on one way or another. Rather then doing everything twice.