Week 3 Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Lee.Flex, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Week 3 Summaries

Air Force vs San Diego State

Air Force : 21
    San Diego State : 28

After beginning 0-2, the Falcons were looking to get into the win column... to bad the Aztecs had different plans.

Again, for the 3rd game in a row, the Falcons could not find an Identity on offense. Last years star of the team, QB Jefferson was benched in the 1st quarter and replaced with SS A.Bush. Bush was originally recruited as a ATH. Last years starting RB Stephens was also benched and RB Clark came in to take his spot.

It was hard to watch this game as the Aztecs would score quick and could almost do anything against the Falcon Defense. It was even harder to watch the Falcon offense try to get first downs.

Post Game w/ Coach Flex:
    Q: What happened during the off-season that changed this team. Last year you were 10-3 and were one of the best offenses in college football. What happened?

A: Our team got to confident. We thought the MWC championship was our's before we began the season. We just went out their today and got hit in the mouth.... and now its time to get back to the basics. Our offense isn't very good right now.... but neither is our defense and special teams. Were just not a good football team right now.

Q: Were does your team go from here, and what will you do to kick start the offense?

A: I think I shook things up in this game. Bush is our QB from here on out, Clark is our RB, and were switching back to the 4-3 Defense. We will work on discipline throughout the rest of the year, and hopefully these players will come through and perform like we all know they can.

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Tough loss lee, keep your head up....You can still turn around your season!

3. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

[​IMG]

Uab fans are getting excited about this year. The score to the game was a lot closer than what the game really was. 3 turnovers by uab that were returned for tds gave troy 21 points. The defense played great again allowing -3 yards rushing on 14 attempts. They stop the pass game till the end when they went no huddle and gave up a td. Troy caused alot of problems blitzing alot. But quick stikes turned to big plays as Forrest ended up with 265 yds rec and 14 rec. 1 td. Fitzgerald rushed 32 times for 187 yds and 2 tds also had 3 rec for 19 yards i td. Next up for uab is #20 Wisconsin. Uab has a great chance to win if they can limit the tds on turnovers.

Uab 41
    Troy 28

4. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

Kent State beats #12 Penn State 31-28 in a thriller!!!
    [​IMG]
    After going down 28-0 in the 2nd quarter which included a few turnovers by KS and a punt returned for a TD by PSU, cameras caught a sound bite of the Kent State coach talking to his top assistant:

Coach went into the half and fired up his team, the team got the message. KS held PSU scoreless in the 2nd half and the offense was once again aggressive (4 of 6 on fourth downs) and explosive, but ball security issues remain. Kent state managed to hit a 38 yard field goal with :40secs remaining (after missing a much shorter kick in the 1st half) to go up 31-28. That ended up being the game winner.

When asked about his teams performance after the game the coach replied:

5. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Good win

6. DC

DC Shake n Bake

BK hits it big in first game

[​IMG]

#9 Oklahoma St goes down against Tulsa and their new coach!!​

New Coach Bk came into this game testings out his players..and unexpectedly dominated OKIE st. The Star of the game, Senior RB Williams had a career high game with 261 yards rushing.

Coach bk after the game was quoted. "This Was no Fluke!!! Tulsa is here to stay. I couldn't be more proud of this team after they had to go through the scandal of their last coach." ( sex scandal with cheerleading squad) "For them to come out and win this game says alot about their character."

7. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Haha, creative. :D

8. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

FIU defeats WKU 27-7.

9. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

FIU 27 WKU 7

WKU is still looking for it's identity on offense, esp after throwing their 10th int in 64 pass attempts.

That is not a typo.

10. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Walk On

Houston vs UTEP

Rivalry game

Career record vs Rivalry team , 1-2..

Suppose to be an easy win to me on paper.. but

sigh

7-6 UTEP going into 4th qtr...

My QB threw two consecutive pick 6, one was being hit. bring up to 6 Int on the season... score being 20-6 with 5 mins left, i knew i had to score no matter what...then here comes the drama... 4&24 mid field, had to go for it, threw a 46 yd TD to my receiver. o good now need a stop back into this game.

Their QB rushed for a 56 yd TD. great... 27-13 UTEP

its not over i maneuver another quick TD with a 4 yard TD run by my HB, 27-20 good another stop back in this game. 3 mins left...

3rd and one, cpu option to the right i quickly switch to safety and tackle them for no gain, then they punt. touch back. woooooo then i score on a screen pass to my HB with 1 min left. 27-27 too much time.

They drove down the field to my own 25 yard line , 25 sec left, all i can hope is

1) let them score , i will try to score myself
    2) hope for them to miss FG

then this happened
    [YOUTUBE]7_nsEtqPuTE[/YOUTUBE]

well i will let the video do the talking..gg

11. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

12. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Walk On

well ya didn't waann use youtube but i guess i have to but ya video up

thanks lots

13. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

lol... I think we have our first "TF Play of the Month" nominee from x3b. Nice job Vins!

14. BG

BG On The Rize!

I had a nice, big write up about the game between Nevada and BYU, but when I get ready to save it, it seems to time out for some reason. I don't fell like re-doing all that again, so I'll just post the score.

Nevada cruises by BYU ob the legs of Rb Randall. He ran 27 times for 218 yds and 6 Td's. This was his second consecutive 200+ game of the very young season. He also earned Player of the Game honors for the same amount of times.

Nevada 2-0(0-0) play Sna Jose State in WAC Conference debut's for both squads.

Final Score:

Nevada 69
    BYU 21

15. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

forever>

does the time out tell you to relogin?

If yes if you relogin your summary should come up at entered.

16. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Walk On

woo hoo thanks, seems like this dynasty can move on again tomorrow morning ortonight, radio is playing last game :)

17. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Tulane 35 Wake Forest 28
    Tulane got all it could handle in Winston Salem. The Deacons did what SEC big boys LSU and Ole Miss could not, move the ball consistently and make the big play. Not big as in yardage but timely crucial plays. This was just an all out slugfest. Wake scores first on a busted assignment by its All-American FS. Tulane drives down the field unimpeded to tie it and then forces a three and out on D. Tulane QB Moore had been so precise with the ball in this early season but made his first big mistake. On a play-action fake Moore throws for his TE unaware that his target and stumpled out of his cut due to press coverage and the ball goes right to a WF LB. Pick 6.
    This is the way the game went for 3 qtrs, Wake scores to take the lead and Tulane answers to tie...until the 4th. Tulane's D rises up when it needed to the most with 2 big stops allowing the offense to take the lead and then pound out the clock.
    Wake was held to 3 of 10 3rd down conversions but was 3 of 3 on 4th downs. Tulane stuck to its MO of managing down and distance and converted 7 of 9 3rd downs and 1 of 1 4th downs.
    The game ball was given to QB Moore who despite the pick six was 20-26 with 3 TD's. Tulane now gears up for conference play and defending its Conf USA crown.

18. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

RED WOLVES LOSE HEARTBREAKER AGAINST IOWA, 17-16

RED WOLVES LOSE HEARTBREAKER TO IOWA, 17-16

[​IMG]

The Arkansas State Red Wolves (1-3) had two chances to take down the Iowa Hawkeyes (2-0). Kicker Ryan Wilbourn missed two consecutive field goals in the fourth quarter to come away with the win against the Hawks.

The Wolves and Hawks played a very defensive game, only allowing 140 yards on the ground combined. Both teams needed to rely on their QB to do get them the win. Iowa QB Ricki Stanzi only was 11-22 with 135 yards and 1 TD. Red Wolves QB RSSO Ryan Aplin was 27-44 with 311 yards passing and 1 TD. These numbers would suggest the win for the Red Wolves but that was not the case.

The Hawks intercepted Aplin 3 times, returning one for a touchdown just before the second half. That along with a 3 yard run by RB Jewel Hampton was Iowa's only TD's in the game.

The red wolves defense did quite well again only allowing 207 total yards offense and only 1 offensive TD. Going into the 4th quarter Iowa led the game 17-10. The Red Wolves drove down the field to score with 3 minutes left in the game. K Ryan Wilbourn missed the extra point making the score 17-16. The Hakws then went three and out and gave the ball back to ASU. Arkansas State drove down the field and got to the 30 yard line with 2o seconds left on the clock. Ryan Wilbourn then missed the field goal to secure the win for the Red Wolves.

PLAYERS OF THE GAME

[​IMG]

RSSR WR #8 Lucious Henderson 10 receptions for 109 yards

[​IMG]

RSSR D #90 Bryan Hall 6 Tackles, 4 TFL, 1 Sack

UP NEXT FOR THE RED WOLVES

The Red Wolves will now travel to take on the #23 Cincinnati Bearcats who are a very talented and athletic team. This might be Arkansas States biggest challenge this weekend. If they can win this game and escape OOC games 2-2, it will be a major success with the caliber of teams they play. Shortly after that in Week 5, the Red Wolves will take on Sun Belt rival FIU in their conference opener. FIU has already defeated WKU in their first conference game.​

19. DC

DC Shake n Bake

[YOUTUBE]=ZSggG3usytU[/YOUTUBE]

20. DC

DC Shake n Bake

FG to save the day for tulsa!!

A little late but here it is!!
    TULSA VICTORY
    [​IMG]
    After going down 14-0 in the first quarter. Tulsa battles back to tie the game and win with a FG as time expires!!!!!

Tulsa changed defensive plans in the second half and shut down memphis running game. They were killing me the first half with it!!! GJ by the way with that!

Tulsa with in a TD....this happens to tie it up.
    [YOUTUBE]FO7V9mirj3E[/YOUTUBE]

Then we force a turnover near the end of the 4th 2 plays to get us in FG range for the time expiring FG. unfortuanty it was just a simple FG so no highlight of that:(

SCREEN
    [YOUTUBE]ubEmT8aaUwU[/YOUTUBE]

HOT ROUTE
    [YOUTUBE]ZSggG3usytU[/YOUTUBE]

21. DC

DC Shake n Bake

whoops maybe this was supposed to be in week 4 summaries lol my bad