Week 3: Tampa Bay(7) Seattle (32)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Moogle06, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Moogle06

Moogle06 Walk On

Week 3: Tampa Bay(7) Seattle (32)

In a game where Olindo Mare got to show off his leg the Seahawks end up finding their offense in the second half while shutting out the Buccaneers in the second half.

The game started off with the Buccaneers receiving the ball and Josh Freeman throwing an interception on his first pass of the game. This in turn lead to the first of Mare's 6 field goals. The Buccaneers weren't discouraged by their young quarterbacks mistake as Mcfadden cut through the Seahawks defense for a 41 yard score. Fortunately the Buccaneers were able to hold the Seahawks to 4 field goals in the first half and one blocked field goal to leave the score at 12-7.

Once the second half opened Hasselbeck found his long missed passing mojo that he lost last week and racked up the completions and key third down conversions. The Buccaneers weren't able to get much offense going in the second half as Freeman was pressured heavily getting sacked three times in the second half. While they were solid on defense their offense had to abandon the successful running game as the deficit became greater. The final nail in the coffin was when Julius Jones broke 4 tackles to take it into the endzone from 10 yards. On the final kickoff of the game Eddie Royal took the kickoff all the way to the Seahawks 33 yard line, but with only 30 seconds left in the game there wasn't much the Buccaneers could do.

Player of the game:
    Matt Hasselbeck: 16-25 332 yds 1 TD

Other Seahawks:
    Brandon Marshall: 3 rec 60yds
    Deon Butler: 6 rec 149 yds 1 Td
    Clinton Portis: 20 att 35 yds

Buccaneers:
    Josh Freeman: 9-18 96yd 2 ints
    Darren Mcfadden: 16 att 95yds 1TD
    Keith Rivers: 6 tackles 2 sacks

GG win, GL the rest of the season.

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I need more than luck Moogle. Unlike yourself. Got lots of hidden talent up there in Seattle. GL.

By the way, Tampa is now hiring an offensive coordinator. I would literally pay someone to just play offense for me if I could get away with it.