Week 3 Update

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by -4-, Jun 10, 2011.

?

GOTW

Poll closed Jun 12, 2011.
  1. #6 Michigan State

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. #2 Notre Dame

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  1. -4-

-4- Walk On

Advanced to Week 3. Next Advance is Sunday at 11 AM EST. May advance sooner if all games are done tomorrow sometime since there are a lot of BYES.

Players of Week 2
    Offense: Jason McCoy HB Oregon- 14 carries, 191 yards 4 touchdowns
    Defense: Bernard Hines LE LSU- 3 tackles, 3 TFL, 3 Sacks, FF

Week 3 Schedule
    #6 Michigan State @ #2 Notre Dame
    Florida @ #8 Tennessee
    Boston College @ #11 Florida State
    Arizona State @ #7 Oregon
    #9 Miami @ Virginia
    #3 LSU, #1 OSU, #4 USC, and #10 Texas have a BYE

***Game of the Week***
    #6 Michigan State @ #2 Notre Dame

Spotlight Game
    Florida @ #8 Tennessee

2. -4-

-4- Walk On

@edge7771 let me know when you'd like to play. I'm not really sure what my schedule is the next two days, but I can try to fit into yours. Probably the best time for me is either Friday or Saturday night sometime.

3. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

Before everyone flips out about me putting 77 up against the CPU, hear me out. I ran the ball the entire 2nd half, I just kept busting big runs on simple dive plays. Nothing more I can do than run straight into the defense.

Also, I lost my first game already, chances I get back to the NC are very, very slim. I have to win by as much as possible to get style points and raise my stock in the polls. And yes it matters by how much you win or lose by on this game. The bigger the win, the higher the climb in polls, the bigger the loss, the farther you'll drop.

In real life teams will score as many points as they can to try and gain style points with the voters. This is a part of football, the weak don't survive, just how it is. I got my ass blown out against Ohio State so I have to dominate teams from here on out to get back to the 3 peat.

I know Spartan is gonna be pissed at me but this is a sim league. Which means it simulates real football, well this happens in real football all the time...example, USC, Ohio State.

It's the defenses job to stop my offense, not the other way around.

4. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

If it starts to get out of hand in a future game, you can always turn chew clock on early or use mass subs.

• Like Like x 1
  5. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

Tonight works better for me taking my son to UVA for a visit tom.

• Like Like x 1
  6. -4-

-4- Walk On

Hey, sorry.... haven't really been around today and I'm currently not at home so tonight is no good. If you aren't able to play tomorrow, I'll be sure and keep my Sunday clear so that we can get it in.

But, if you are able to play tomorrow night let me know. No big deal though, have fun at Virginia.

7. joshwitt

joshwitt Walk On

I am now convinced more than ever that there are certain games the computer decides you should not win. Frickin' UVA ran all over me today. I could not stop their running back. They are a C team and he kept just killing me. There were multiple times that I had him dropped in the backfield for a loss and he shed my defender and turned it into a first down 10+ yard run.

So I get the game back to within a touchdown, I've got them 3rd and 5 with like 2:00 togo or so. I'm in Dime Cover 2 coverage, expecting pass, they are in shotgun, I have them set up perfectly. MY MIDDLE LINEBACKER IS CALLED FOR ENCROACHMENT. REALLY????? MLB??? He was 5 yards from the line. It was absolutely BS.

At the end of the day, I had the chance to win it as I was inside their 10 after recovering a fumble and driving down the field. I simply couldn't put it in the end zone.

Oh well! It sucks, but I didn't have the fire power to win the whole thing anyway, so I guess we'll just try to win out and hope for a decent bowl and then onto 2012!!

Miami

8. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

@-4- tonight is good just got in when is good for u? On a side not UVA is gonna be a major player in the acc in the next couple years in football London is pullin in some major talent.

9. -4-

-4- Walk On

You wanna say 10 est?

I could play pretty much whenever tomorrow also if 10 tonight is too late. Just not too early in the morning.

10. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

that sounds good might be a few min after 10

11. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

Vols beat Gators 28-13!!