Week 3: USC @ Washington

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by T2, Aug 6, 2009.

1. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

Week 3: USC @ Washington

USC looked like the team of old. The Trojans finally put it all together today against the Huskies. Washington kept the game close but was unable to keep the clamps down on USC fullback Stan Havili. USC broke several records against the Huskies. USC sacked Locker a stunning 4 times to break the school record of 3. Stan Havili broke two records in reciving yards and touchdown catches. With 359yrds receiving and he hauled in 5TD catches on the day. QB Garrett Green set the most passing yards in a game with 506yrds Throwing for 6tds and 1int. Green was also had a QB rating of 297.5 and was 20for27 on the day. looked very good today for the most part. the first half the Trojans didnt look very good with many dropped passes and sloppy run blocking. Washington held its own in the first half and only trailed by 7 at the break. The start of the second half was a complete debackle for Washington. Washington was held to just 195yrds of offense. Locker Was 36 of 68 Throwing for 1 Td and 2int, Washington RB Polk had 20 carries for 70 yrds. Washington was held to just 68yrds on the ground. Coach T2Express had this to say in the post game interview " im proud of the way our kids came out here after playing so bad these last 2 weeks. Stan Havili and Garrett Green looked simply amazing. Stan has always been our check down man. I have to give it Washington they kept our receivers locked down and forced us to make some half time adjustments. And the way our Defense played was lights out. Our defensive line was awesome. Malik Jackson played lights out. I do wanna also mention that Mr Locker and his offense really made our defense play very patient today. We couldnt do a lot of blitzing because of the quick strike ablities of Locker. But I would like to wish Washington the best of luck in conference play and hope they can get to bowl game this january. I want this team to get used to the feeling of winning. We'll celebrate this win for 24 hours then its time to get ready for Washington state. "