Week 3 VT 35 @ Nebraska 28

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BRUCE80, Dec 16, 2010.

1. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Feb 11, 2009
    This was our seventh try to play and it worked!

VT got an early break in this one when we hammered T Mart and ran the pick in for a td.

Please forgive me I dont know this team very well yet...name wise.

We would lead and hang onto the lead for most of the game by one or two scores. Everytime "Big Red" would score to close within a TD we would mount a drive and get a td.

Two huge grabs by our TE in the second half really stuck in the Nebraka coaches craw as his LB or FS or the right side of the D, left side of the O just couldnt hang with the VT TE once on an out route and once on a quick flag..both turned into huge gainers and led to TDs.

In the end we were up 10 Nebraska got a drive going but kicked a FG since they needed two scores. We recovered the onside kick and pounded out a couple first downs to seal the deal.

GG Juggs.
  2. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Feb 10, 2009
    yeah pretty much a clusterfuck. not taking anything away from Bruce. But we started the 1st time at 8:30pm...the game didn't end til 11pm. Just a disaster. Our first game was shaping up to be a classic....10-10, defensive battle, midway thru 3rd....boom disco.

in the end, VT was able to take away Martinez's biggest attribute, his legs. Everytime I tried to run with him, VT was there to stop it at a min gain. We don't have the speed/talent elsewhere on offense, need Martinez to break a few for us to win with this team. Didn't happen, lost by 7.

Oh well...the only goal they had for me this year was win the BCS....so much for that shit lol