Week 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Mags, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

Week 3

reply here

2. Kan

Kan Walk On

The Skins would get a little revenge for their real life counterparts and beat the Lions 21-6.

The Lions would control the first quarter, putting together a nice drive that ended with a field goal. The Lions defense would put constant pressure on Campbell and knock him down through out the game. In the second quarter, Campbell would make a quick read and hit Randle El for a score before the two blitzing cornerbacks would make it to him (http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9745431)

The Lions wouldn't give up and mount a great 2 minute drive ending with another field goal, going into the half only down 7-6.

Clinton Portis would be knocked out of the game in the first half (and will be gone for an additional 2 weeks with a partial torn hernia), but backup vet Warrick Dunn and Marcus Mason would step up. Between the two of them they would have 100 yards on the game. Mason would get a short touchdown run in the third and follow it up with a beautiful 51 yard rush evading multiple Lion defensive players (http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9745524)

gg scared.

3. scared46

scared46 Walk On

This week for some odd reason I got good perssure on the QB vs last week against the Vikings. Not only that, Stafford's throws weren't as accurate missing wild on few good open targets. One drop TD by Yigurs didn't help late in the game. Still I am please that I can hang in there with the Lions. I have benched pretty much key players to let rookies play so hopefully, we can get some good progression out of them. Anyone know how that works on PS3?

GG Kan, nice throw to Randle El and with RB for a long TD. That was the difference. Lion give up 2 big plays on offense and 2 picks ...GL with your season.

4. Josh

Josh Guest

Progression happens once at the end of the season. The younger the player, the more they can potentially get out of it. Just make sure you don't throw 30 INTs this season and you'll progress Stafford a good bit.

5. gt86

gt86 Walk On

The Cowboys played host to the Panters in week 3.

The Cowboys would score first with a 10 yd Td pass to Wr Roy Williams in the 1st qtr. In the 2nd Qtr the Panthers would put up 10 straight points to take lead 10-7. The Cowboys would answer back with a short Td run by Choice to retake the lead 14-10. The Panthers would take the lead back with just over a minute left in the half with a Fg. Romo would look to go to work with 1:07 left in the first half. He would drive the Cowboys down into Fg range where Folk would kick a short Fg to tie the game at 17-17 at halftime.

In the 2nd half the defenses would stiffened up with the Panthers defense forcing allot of 3 and outs or short drives by the Cowboys offense. The Cowboys defense even though they gave up yards also stiffened up by causing turnovers 4 of the Panters 5 turnovers in the 2nd half of the game. The Cowboys offense would get some points in the 3rd qtr after a Panthers Fg. Choice would run for his 2nd Td of the game to give the Cowboys the lead back after three quarters 24-20. In the 4th qtr the Cowboys defense would seal th egame when Newman would return a fumble 27 yds for a Td to seal the game for the Cowboys.

Cowbosy win 31-20

gg Gotham

6. Gotham

Gotham Walk On

GG GT.

I was happy when I knocked Barber out in the first half but sad when I realized that my defense had no answer to Berrian - that is, until I knocked him out of the game too.

5 turnovers was decisive for sure.

Cya in the playoffs!

7. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

Progression

I am in a small franchise with a few friends.

I have Stafford (we did a fantasy draft) and had a real good rookie year with him and he progressed to an 85 I think.

My friend had Sanchez as his qb. (BTW - We played almost all our games - even against the CPU) My friend is a pass happy clown who threw for around 45 TDs but also had 48 INts(something ridiculous like that). And Sanchez also went up to around an 84/85 after year 1.

I guess my point is I almost believe that progress is not that random - or am I completely wrong? I think certain guys will go up regardless of how good or bad you play with them - unless I am completely wrong(good chance).

8. scared46

scared46 Walk On

I have throw 2 picks thus so far and hopefully can limit it to under 15. I forced one bad pass and the other pass were the WR was open and Stafford's pass was WAY off infront of him and resulted in a int.

9. Thelou

Thelou Walk On

Rams played host to the CPU Packers. Bulger had a good game, Jackson had a great day rushing behind newly acquired LG Hutchinson, Avery had a couple of TDs and the rookie HB Whitehead even got in the endzone today. Final score Packers 12, Rams 35. Here are a few highlights:

Avery's 74yd TD reception
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9750281

Jackson 13yd TD run behind LG Hutchinson
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9750365

Rookie HB Woodhead 14yd TD run
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9750288

10. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

BALTIMORE, MD - The Ravens welcomed in the lowly Browns to M&T Bank Stadium and that was about the last nice gesture they had. B'more dominated an awful Browns team that was missing starting QB Brady Quinn. Derek Anderson stepped in, but his favorite target was clad in purple. Fabian Washington recorded 3 INTs to lead a strong Raven defense. On offense, Joe Flacco led the way with a nice line (19-29-247-3TD-1INT). Ray Rice was 19-117 with 2 TDs and Mark Clayton hauled in 2 TDs. The Ravens pulled their starters after 3 quarters, playing backups the rest of the way. Heisman QB Troy Smith ran in a TD for a late score to spark the backups. For the Ravens, Jamal Lewis was held to 8 yards on 12 carries but did score on a 13 yard reception for Cleveland's only points.

Flacco to Heap for a 4 yard TD

Mark Clayton takes a 37 yard pass to the house

Fabian Washington with one of three INTs

11. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

49ers vs Vikings, Niners started off bad throwing a pick in the redzone that would be returned for a score by the Vikings. Niners however remain poised and came back with 17 unanswered 2nd qtr pts lead by Core and Coffee running. Niners defense was tough for 3qtrs until they allow the Vikings within striking distance late in the 4th but by then the damage was already done by Gore and Coffee. GG Tank

Highlights will be added tonight.

12. I-ROD

I-ROD Walk On

Dolphins @ Chargers

Ronnie Brown had his way with the Bolts Defense and fond the endzone twice. Pennington also provided some spark and moving the ball on 3rd down conversions.

The Phins D stepped up as rookie CB Smith intercepted Rivers twice, one for a score. Rivers was rattled all game by DE Roth who had 3 sacks and forced 2 picks.

Chargers would stall on Offense with 5 interceptions but managed to score late in the game on a Jackson TD.

Miami moves to 3-0 and moved pass some of the Elite teams but still a tough road ahaed.

Final
    Miami 38
    Chargers 13

13. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

A few notes about Vikes and 49ers:

Adrian Peterson herniates his disk on 1st play of 3rd qtr and is lost for 7 weeks.
    Pat Williams was held out of the week 3 matchup pending a trade that is being held up in the league office :)
    Newly acquired lb Chamberlain returned 1st qtr interception 97 yards for a TD and also added a sack.
    Percy Harvin had huge day as Vikes mounted a late comeback attempt.
    But.... 49ers ferocious defense led by Patrick "what you talking about" Willis brought the pain and forced 4 or 5 Brett Farve turnovers that were hard to overcome. The recently rebuilding Vikes definitely missed the blocking of Hutchinson, the threat of Berrian, and the run stuffing ability of Pat Williams. Not to mention AllDay's injury that, rumors have it, will have the Vikes even more open to trade talks with SuperBowl contenders throughout the MEGA league.

GG coach and I am thankful I wont have to see Willis and company again for some time. Good luck with your season.

14. PoloMD

PoloMD Walk On

Saints 24 @ Bills 27

Drew Brees and the Saints coached by the CPU went to Buffalo, Bills got 4 interceptions against Drew, But the Saints managed to tie the game on 4th qtr 24-24 with 40 secs remaining, T. Edwards lead the Bills close enough to score a FG in the last seconds of the game and win the game 27-24.

15. stealth

stealth Walk On

Bengals 17 Steelers 10

Rashad Jeanty would get things going for the bengals with the int setting them up with good field position. bengals cash it in on a short td run. steeler would finally get on the board in 2nd qrt with the fg. 7-3 at the half

Opening of 3rd qrt the steelers get a great kr by wr wallace down the the bengals 27yd line. on the steelers very next play hb parker would make some nice moves and go the distance to give the steelers their 1st lead of the game. Bengals would tie the game up on a k graham fg midway thru the 4th qrt.10-10 Bengals defense force the punt with a little over a minute left in the game, PR Caldwell would have great return and give the bengals the ball at mid field. QB Palmer would hook up with wr ocho to get the ball down to the steelers 26yd line. Bengals would retake the lead as qb palmer spots a wide open wr henry for the 26yd td with :35 left in the game. Steelers try a couple of desperations but the fall short and bengals hang on to win.

gg hoyt

16. hoytpower

hoytpower Walk On

GG stealth I'm just a wrong button not knowing what the hell is what fool right now. LOL

GL the rest.

17. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Titans @ Jets

Chris Johnson ran for 131 yards and a TD and helped the Titan offense get back on track after a loss to the Texans last week. Other than giving up 2 special teams TD's the Titans played pretty solid throughout and put the Jets away 33-28. The Titans are now 2-1 on the year with a big showdown next week against bitter foe Jacksonville.