Week 4 2011

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Aug 26, 2010.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Week 4 2011

Welcome to Week 4!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (0-3) ===============
    Last week, Eastern Michigan lost 42-7 against Michigan (3-0).
    This week, the Eagles travel to University Park to face the #21 Penn State Nittany Lions (2-1).

=============== Idaho Vandals (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Idaho won 34-14 against Boise State (2-1).
    This week, the Vandals travel to Lafayette to face the UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (1-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Idaho targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) ROLB Andrew Haynes has committed to Utah State
    - (***) LT Leonard Olson has committed to Washington State

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Kent State won 28-3 against Army (0-3).
    This week, the Golden Flashes travel to Murfreesboro to face the Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (0-2).

=============== Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Western Kentucky won 31-24 against Kentucky (1-1).
    This week, the Hilltoppers are idle.

=============== UAB Blazers (1-2) ===============
    Last week, UAB won 24-21 against Alabama (2-1).
    This week, the Blazers travel to Kalamazoo to face the #20 Western Michigan Broncos (3-0).
    In recruiting news, the following UAB targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Jacob Skinner has committed to UL Lafayette

=============== UL Monroe Warhawks (0-3) ===============
    Last week, UL Monroe lost 31-7 against LSU (2-0).
    This week, the Warhawks will host Arkansas State (1-2).
    In recruiting news, the following UL Monroe targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Jesse Wilson has committed to UL Monroe

=============== #20 Western Michigan Broncos (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Western Michigan won 35-28 against Illinois (2-1).
    This week, the Broncos will host UAB (1-2).

=============== Arkansas State Red Wolves (1-2) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas State lost 35-24 against Texas A&M (2-0).
    This week, the Red Wolves travel to Monroe to face the UL Monroe Warhawks (0-3).

=============== Utah State Aggies (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Utah State won 38-12 against BYU (1-2).
    This week, the Aggies will host Army (0-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Utah State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) ROLB Andrew Haynes has committed to Utah State
    - (***) TE Ryan Witherspoon has committed to Tennessee

=============== Army Black Knights (0-3) ===============
    Last week, Army lost 28-3 against Kent State (2-1).
    This week, the Black Knights travel to Logan to face the Utah State Aggies (2-1).

=============== UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (1-2) ===============
    Last week, UL Lafayette lost 45-31 against Texas (3-0).
    This week, the Ragin' Cajuns will host Idaho (2-1).
    In recruiting news, the following UL Lafayette targets have announced their decisions:

2. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Weird no dynasty wire shit posted.

fixed

3. DirtycashDylan

Now we're back into the meat of the conference schedule. Let's attack it like we attacked the offseason/non-conf and we'll be in season 3 in no time.

4. nikpin

I meant when I checked the dynasty wire site the week four post wasn't up yet or I would have put it up.

5. DirtycashDylan

I know. Now it's up and I posted it.

6. nikpin

Die

7. DirtycashDylan

I hope you slip and crack your head in a puddle of AIDS.

8. nikpin

I thought you were going to die to spite me?

Have no games been played?

9. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

I played my second straight blowout at Happy Valley. The last two games have been rather frustrating. lol.

10. DirtycashDylan

Don't read my edits.

11. DirtycashDylan

We are now in day 3, the final day. I'll ba advancing in about 24 hours so let's get these games in.

12. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Arkansas State 28, UL Monroe 17
    Great performances on offense spark huge road victory for Red Wolves

[​IMG]

Ryan Aplin was nearly perfect. Completing 12-13 passes for 255 yards and 2TDs is as close to perfect as he's been his whole career. Long drives were few and far between, as most of the scoring came on quick, long plays from both teams. That doesn't mean it was all passing though, as Derek Lawson rushed for 124 yards on 17 carries, with a TD as well. And let's not forget his 3 receptions for 103 yards and a TD.

After the first quarter saw 4 touchdowns, things slowed down considerable in the second quarter, with Arkansas State getting the lone TD on a 49-yard run by Lawson to give the Red Wolves a 21-14 halftime lead. The second half saw State trying to slow the game down and run the ball with Lawson and Frankie Jackson, who finished with 34 rushing yards. UL Monroe had a hard time moving the ball in the second half, managing a lone field goal in the third to bring the score to 21-17. In the fourth, while tyring to chew the clock, Arkansas State ran a slant on 3rd and long that ended up being a 64-yard touchdown to Dwayne Frampton to seal the game, giving the Red Wolves a 28-17 lead late in the fourth. All it took was another stop from the defense and the offense was able to end the game with a few knees.

Arkansas State wins their first conference game of the year, against an opponent they lost to handily last year. Things are looking good for the Red Wolves, who continue to show improvement from game to game. Up next is a game against Army, in what should be an entertaining Saturday. Check back next week for a recap.​

13. nikpin

Nice write up, how are you pulling things like a recruits profile off the dynasty wire website?

14. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I'm on a MacBook and I have an application called Grab, it let's you screen-grab, as well as drag your mouse in a box around whatever you want and make it a picture that I just upload to flickr

15. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Utah State beats Army 24-14

Logan Ut. The Utah State Aggies face an Army squad that was hungry for their first win of the season. The Aggies entered their home opener following two huge wins over TCU and BYU, which were each quarterbacked by different Aggies. Freshman QB Brown got the start, but after two 3 and out drives, Coach Steamer put in the junior, Jeff Fischer. On Fischer's first drive he connected to the senior TE Lloyd for a 42 yard TD pass. Army responded with a 20 yard touchdown in the 2nd quarter tieing the game at 7. The Aggies took the ball with under 30 seconds to go in the half when WR Moats beat the coverage and caught a pass for 79 yards and a touchdown. 14-7 at half. Runningback Turbin was MIA for most of the first half, with a reoccuring elbow injury.

With the score 17-7 in the 4th quarter, Army entered USU territory trying to make it a one possesion game, but an interception turned the ball back over to the Aggies, which sealed the game with a touchdown drive capped off by a 2 yard run by Turbin. The Black Knights would score with under two minutes to go, but it would be too little too late. Neither offense put up respectable numbers with Army being held under 200 yards, and USU gaining 221 yards, despite only 4 first downs the entire game. Utah State turns their focus to Idaho next week, as they try to redeem last year's loss in the Kibbie Tent.

16. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I'll let Nik write it up but UAB got bitch slapped against WMU, 24-0. I had nothing. GG man.

17. nikpin

#20 Western Michigan 24
    UAB 0

Not going to go into much detail as it's past my bedtime.

WMU limited UAB to 155 yards of total offense 7 first downs and 10:09 TOP while forcing 3 turnovers. On the offensive end QB Alex Carder was perfect through the air going 11/11 for 177 yards and a TD. Aaron Winchester ran the ball 20 times for 95 yards and 2 scores while Antoin Scriven ran 10 times for 55 yards.

Had no complaints as my team played as well as I could ever ask for.

Here's the link to the highlights.WMU 24 UAB 0