Week 4 2012

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Sep 29, 2010.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Week 4 2012

We're now into some conference play so this week is due in 72 hours but let's try to get it in sooner.

Welcome to Week 4!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (0-2) ===============
    Last week, Eastern Michigan lost 34-31 against Akron (1-0).
    This week, the Eagles travel to Mt. Pleasant to face the Central Michigan Chippewas (1-1).

=============== Idaho Vandals (0-2) ===============
    Last week, Idaho lost 51-17 against Washington State (1-2).
    This week, the Vandals travel to College Station to face the #16 Texas A&M Aggies (2-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Idaho targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Joe Lumpkin has committed to Idaho

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Kent State won 38-28 against Bowling Green (0-2).
    This week, the Golden Flashes will host Mid Tenn State (0-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Kent State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Corey Johnson has committed to Kent State

=============== Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Western Kentucky won 49-10 against Temple (0-2).
    This week, the Hilltoppers travel to Louisville to face the Louisville Cardinals (0-3).

=============== UAB Blazers (1-1) ===============
    Last week, UAB lost 51-20 against USC (1-0).
    This week, the Blazers will host #19 Western Michigan (2-0).

=============== Army Black Knights (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Army won 38-32 against Air Force (0-2).
    This week, the Black Knights will host Utah State (2-0).

=============== #19 Western Michigan Broncos (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Western Michigan won 42-9 against Central Michigan (1-1).
    This week, the Broncos travel to Birmingham to face the UAB Blazers (1-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Western Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) FS Joe Harrell has committed to Western Michigan

=============== Arkansas State Red Wolves (0-2) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas State lost 40-37 against Miami (1-1).
    This week, the Red Wolves will host UL Monroe (1-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Arkansas State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Cameron Hunter has committed to UL Lafayette

=============== Utah State Aggies (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Utah State won 44-17 against Utah (2-1).
    This week, the Aggies travel to West Point to face the Army Black Knights (1-1).

=============== UL Monroe Warhawks (1-1) ===============
    Last week, UL Monroe lost 72-63 against SMU (2-0).
    This week, the Warhawks travel to Jonesboro to face the Arkansas State Red Wolves (0-2).

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (0-2) ===============
    Last week, Mid Tenn State lost 24-20 against Tennessee (2-0).
    This week, the Blue Raiders travel to Kent to face the Kent State Golden Flashes (1-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Mid Tenn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) RT Stephen Cooper has committed to Mid Tenn State

=============== #24 UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (2-0) ===============
    Last week, UL Lafayette won 59-13 against Louisiana Tech (1-1).
    This week, the Ragin' Cajuns travel to Berkeley to face the Cal Golden Bears (0-1).
    In recruiting news, the following UL Lafayette targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Cameron Hunter has committed to UL Lafayette

2. DirtycashDylan

Dyl Steele should be out this week (week 4).

3. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

As conference play opens, last season's new edition of user game predictions returns...

JQwon's Shots in the Dark:

Mid Tenn State at Kent St.

The first chance to see MTSU's new coach in action. However, this will be a trip behind the woodshed for the Blue Raiders as the Golden Flashes are sure to put a beating on the rookie coach.

Kent State 45 MTSU 24

Western Michigan at UAB

The Broncos enter the season ranked after a run to the national championship game last season. However, a lot is gone from that talented team which now has a very suspect secondary. That doesn't bode well considering the Blazers have the top quarterback in the conference. This one promises to be a shootout, but in the end the Broncos pull it out.

Western Michigan 41
    UAB 38

UL Monroe at Arkansas St.

Not much is known about the new coach at ULM, but he's going to get a shot against a wounded Ark St program that just lost their star quarterback. Another high scoring affair, but the Warhawks won't have the horses to run with the Red Wolves.

Arkansas St. 52
    ULM 31

Utah State at Army

To complete the sweep, the veteran coaches take care of the rookie coaches as Steamer leads his team past the new Army squad. It looks like experience counts for something.

Utah St 31
    Army14

4. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Fixed

5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

u suck nik!

6. timroy85

timroy85 Walk On

Middle Tennessee State came into this game with a chip on their shoulder for 2 reasons. Number 1, they were bitter after the way they were beaten by in-state rivals Tennessee, and number 2, they read Jqwons predictions.

After losing a fumble in the opening minutes of the game, the Blue Raiders were able to stop Kent State on a very short field to force a field goal. MTSU responded with a long drive, capped off with a 17 yd TD pass to Gilliam, his first of 2 in the game. Quarterback Brett Burnette was hurt on the TD, and Ryan Rosenvall would sub in for the second time in as many games. After a Kent State TD run by Brown (his first of three), Rosenvall would find Gilliam on a 3rd and long, and Gilliam broke it open for a 75 yd TD. Middle Tennesee State's D would buckle after a costly INT by Rosenvall, and Kent State had a 24-21 lead at halftime.

The second half was a different story, MTSU scored 5 unanswered TD's including 2 pick 6's on consecutive plays from scrimmage.Benjamin Cunningham had the game of his life as he scored a career high 4 TD's, all of which were 25 yds or longer, including is finale of 80 yds. After a 35 point fourth quarter, all the Golden Flashes could do is look on in disappointment as MTSU humiliated them in their own stadium 63-31.

The difference in this game was turnovers. Kent State threw 7 INT's in the game. Most of them coming in the second half.

PASSING LEADERS
    Rosenvall: 8-13, 167 Yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
    Keith: 21-38, 313 Yards, 1 TD, 5 INT's

RUSHING LEADERS
    Cunningham: 27 att. 289 Yards, 4 TD's
    Brown: 15 att. 47 Yards, 3 TD's

RECEIVING LEADERS
    Franklin: 6 rec. 71 Yards
    Gilliam: 4 rec. 123 Yards, 2 TD's
    Page: 6 rec. 75 Yards
    Goode: 6 rec. 147 Yards, 1 TD

7. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Rooks 1 Vets 0 so far I'll see if I can help.

8. DirtycashDylan

Louisville-31
    WKU-27

It's gonna be a long year. My starting LG is out for the season. Thank God I signed a 56 ovr true freshman G to take his place but I now have 0 depth at OL. My DBs suck and my front 7 isn't much better. On defense, you're only as good as your weakest link and I have several.

I was able to play some decent D and get some big runs out of JQwon to put me in a position to tie it at the end but JQwon's arm couldn't quite get it done when it mattered. I tried putting in the new sophomore juco transfer JJ Lumpkin who has 80 th pow but his first and only pass was intercepted. My WRs looked more like blind squirrels than D1 pass catchers, occasionally getting a nut but dropping several and getting no separation.

On the plus side, my 2nd string TE had a pancake and two nice catches, one for a TD, and looks to play well above his rating.

9. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Utah State Wins Conference Opener Over Army, 38-21

Utah State improved to 3-0 on the season with a road win at Army. Utah State came out and played a near perfect first half. On Army's 6 drives, Utah State held them to three 3-n-outs, and 2 turnovers, and just 35 yards. On offense, Dennis Brewster led the consecutive touchdown drives, giving the Aggies a early 21-0 lead. Starting running back Josh Johansen was injured on his second carry and knocked out for at least 2 more weeks. This set the stage for JUCO transfer Harvey Davis to shine though. The Aggies tacked on 3 more points before half 24-0.

The 3rd quarter almost turned into a devasting one as Army came out aggresive. Army scored on a 96 yard drive in the 3rd quarter. Then as the Aggies were closing in on another score, a fumble turned the ball over. Army took a quick drive to the house to make it 24-14. On the ensuing kickoff, kick returner Jordon Keys fumbled and set up a chance for Army to close within 3. However, on the first play of the drive, Jordon Keys redeemed himself intercepting a pass. 4 plays and 75 yards later the Aggies were up 31-14. Army would take one last chance at the comeback, closing the game to 31-21, but Utah State took recovered the onside kick and scored on a 30 yard touchdown rush by Harvy Davis on the next play.

Davis finished the game with 19 carries for 102 yards and 3 TDs to be named POTG. QB Dennis Brewster finished 13-19 for 256 yards and 2 TDs. Brewster has a 6-0 TD-INT ratio on the season. Next week Utah State travels to the Kibbie Tent to play a struggling 0-3 Idaho team. Utah State is 0-2 in previous games with the Vandals.

First Quarter
    03:31 TD Utah State Harvey Davis HB #22 1 yard rush
    00:25 TD Utah State Anthony Bonds WR #6 21 yard pass from Dennis Brewster QB #11

Second Quarter
    06:12 TD Utah State Anthony Bonds WR #6 17 yard pass from Dennis Brewster QB #11
    01:03 FG Utah State Josh Thompson K #12 26 yard field goal

Third Quarter
    02:32 TD Army Justin Allen WR #18 7 yard pass from Angel Santiago QB #12
    00:09 TD Army Jamar Wells WR #88 18 yard pass from Trent Steelman QB #8

Forth Quarter
    07:19 TD Utah State Harvey Davis HB #22 11 yard rush
    03:29 TD Army Malcolm Brown HB #9 3 yard rush
    03:23 TD Utah State Harvey Davis HB #22 30 yard rush

10. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Late Offensive Surge Not Enough For Army In Conference Opener

[​IMG]

Offensive struggles early in the game put the Black Knights behind early. Turnovers and poor balls throw into tight coverage proved costly for Army. Still struggling offensively Army failed to get anything going in the first half and trailed 24-0.

After stopping Utah State in their opening drive of the 3rd Army began to find some rhythm and scored on a 96 yard drive. Then they capitalized on an Aggie turnover putting a quick 14 points on the board and making a game of it.

The turning points of the game came on the kickoff after Army's score though. The Aggies again coughed the ball up on the kickoff return, giving Army the ball in great field position with a chance to really make this a game. The next play however Army's Steelman threw a pick that would end up being the turning point of the game. A quick drive after the pick put another 7 on the board for Utah State. Army had a long drive to pull within 10 but couldn't recover the onside as Utah State scored again to seal the victory.

Army Player of the Game:
    [​IMG]
    Name Yr Pos Catch-Yds TD
    Justin Allen Jr WR 7-131 1

Army heads to Arkansas State next week in another conference match up.

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Nik battered and bruised my pittiful secondary 49-30. I'll get a summary up in the morning.

But, i gotta hear about the Arky State/ ULM game...85-77...holy crap!

12. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Ya just saw that! 8 Overtimes! wtf lol. On '10 I remember my Memphis team had some 5+ overtimes vs Ohio State lol. I think I still have the hilights on my hard drive

13. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Verrrrrry rarely do I do a game recap if I lose....but HOLY SHIT! What a game between me and AJ

85 [​IMG] [​IMG] 77

FINAL - 8OT

[​IMG]

I'll let him do the whole write up as he won, so I won't give away too much, but basically I couldn't stop his running game to save my life, and he couldn't stop my passing game to save his life. I had a couple BAD turnovers that negated the stops I made on defense. It was non-stop scoring in OT till the 8th one where I threw a pick at the 1-yard line to end the game...what a marathon. Oh and I had TWO drops on 2-pt conversions in OT to end the game and win by 2. Like the only drops of the game too, wtf...

14. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

Sheesh, someone might score 100 on my pitiful defense looking at these scores. lol.

15. DirtycashDylan

What games are left? Week is due in a little over 12 hours.

16. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

Man what agreat game, never been in a better one! I was unable to post last night so I am going off memory a little here. 85-75 score doesn't really tell the true story of what happened in regulation. The game was 35 to 35 going into the overtime. Ark St. controled the clock with while passing up and down the field through out the game. At the end of the 2nd quarter he was about to go up 14 but his Qb fumbled the ball in the redzone and I had a d-lineman take it for a score to tie it up. I scored a lot quicker then he did with a few nice long runs and a couple deep passes. I was actually up 10 in the forth but he came back to tie it up.

Then there was the OT marathon. This was crazy, we could not stop each other, back and forth we went. Ark st. dropped the ball twice when all they needed was 2point conversion to win. One timethe TE was so wide open I was sure it was over (I saved that highlight). The second time he was covered a little bit more but it was a catch he made all game. The game probably would have gone past an 8th OT but he made an lil advised pass right to safety on the goal line.

All in all a great game. I was on the ropes a few time and made a couple plays that kept me in it. Good job Sir.

17. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Holy crap that's awesome.

18. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

One of the best online games I've ever had. The whole overtime I was standing up yelling at my TV. I literally dropped to my knees on those drops that should have won the game. Can't wait to play you next year