Week 4 2012

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Sep 22, 2011.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Welcome to Week 4!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== San Jose State Spartans (1-1) ===============
    Last week, San Jose State lost 71-23 against USC (2-0).
    This week, the Spartans will host FIU (0-2).

=============== Western Michigan Broncos (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Western Michigan won 24-19 against Central Michigan (0-2).
    This week, the Broncos will host Mid Tenn State (2-0).

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Kent State won 41-19 against Bowling Green (0-2).
    This week, the Golden Flashes travel to Albuquerque to face the New Mexico Lobos (0-2).

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Eastern Michigan lost 31-16 against Florida Atlantic (1-1).
    This week, the Eagles travel to West Lafayette to face the Purdue Boilermakers (1-1).

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Mid Tenn State won 54-35 against Houston (1-1).
    This week, the Blue Raiders travel to Kalamazoo to face the Western Michigan Broncos (1-0).

=============== New Mexico State Aggies (2-0) ===============
    Last week, New Mexico State won 42-28 against Arizona (0-2).
    This week, the Aggies will host Florida Atlantic (1-1).

=============== Florida Atlantic Owls (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Florida Atlantic won 31-16 against Eastern Michigan (0-1).
    This week, the Owls travel to Las Cruces to face the New Mexico State Aggies (2-0).

=============== FIU Golden Panthers (0-2) ===============
    Last week, FIU lost 52-28 against Louisville (1-1).
    This week, the Golden Panthers travel to San Jose to face the San Jose State Spartans (1-1).

=============== Memphis Tigers (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Memphis lost 56-10 against Tennessee (2-0).
    This week, the Tigers travel to Boise to face the #21 Boise State Broncos (1-1).

=============== Akron Zips (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Akron lost 27-17 against Ohio State (2-0).
    This week, the Zips will host Cincinnati (1-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Akron targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) HB Joel Davis has committed to Akron

=============== UNLV Rebels (1-1) ===============
    Last week, UNLV lost 41-27 against TCU (2-0).
    This week, the Rebels are idle.

=============== New Mexico Lobos (0-2) ===============
    Last week, New Mexico lost 37-7 against Texas Tech (2-0).
    This week, the Lobos will host Kent State (2-0).

2. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

San Jose St > FIU
    Kent shows Ohsi what this league is about.
    And I don't pick on my own games.

Who you guys got? This place is dead too btw.

3. DirtycashDylan

San Jose St
    Kent
    Hammer gets upset by Crumb!

4. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I play galt ya senile old fuck lol.

5. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

Actually, that's what makes it quite the upset pick. I think Dylan heard about our upcoming game of Old Maid.

6. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Crumb ur a character ill give ya that. And I suck at cards so yea id say ull cover the spread.

7. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

I would have brought up the U of L-UK game but that would have just been evil. ;)

8. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Speaking of which... hammerhead1010 you never tole us how you got arrested.

• Like Like x 2
  9. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Sexing sheep in public...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Steamer43

Mid Tenn State squeeks past Western Michigan in C-USA Opener 31-24. More to come later tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DirtycashDylan

[​IMG]

I thought I read you were playing FIU

12. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Bout time to change those bifocal prescriptions? Or is it the cataracts acting up?

13. Steamer43

Woah! Galt beat Hammer 50-49

14. nikpin

Prison hardens a man.

15. nikpin

Cincinnati 6
    @​
    Akron 34

After the defense put together only 3 quarters of a dominating performance against Ohio State last week they came out and gave us 4 this week. Two huge plays kept Cincinnati out of the end zone when Senior Impact MLB Brian Wagner picked off a pass at the 6 yard line and Cincinnati RB George Winn was stripped at the 1 yard line by JR CB Bill Alexander and JR NT Paul Skolmutch recovered it. In total the defense allowed 6 points on 2 3rd quarter fumbles holding Cinci from reaching the end zone in 5 trips to the red zone and a meager 5-15 on 3rd down.​

On the offensive side of the ball SR QB Patrick Nicely had an excellent game throwing 38 times completing 24 for 328 yard and 4 TDs. SO Impacy Player Pat Brown had a breakout game with 8 catches for 116 yards and 3 TD and JR WR Antoine Russell stepped into the starting lineup in place of JR WR Jimmie Wiley and contributed 105 yards receiving and a TD. The offensive line continued to struggle allowing 5 sacks though Micah Lio stepped into the starting Center role and seemed to be an upgrade at the position only allowing 1 sack.​

Notes:​
    (RS)Freshman RB Karrell Bostick was knocked out of the game early with Bruised Ribs.​
    Through 2 games 9 players have receptions.​
    This is my first CPU win in H4Y 2012 to go on the board.​

16. Steamer43

Middle Tennessee State- 31
    Western Michigan - 24

[​IMG]

Lone 2nd Half Touchdown Gives MTSU the 'W'

There was just one score in the 2nd half, but it would be the difference in a 31-24 win for MTSU over Western Michigan in their C-USA opener. Unlike the first two game of the season facing early deficits, it was the Blue Raiders who jumped out to the early lead. With a quick TD to start the game, followed by a fumble on WMU's ensuing possession that led to another MTSU TD for an early 14-0 lead. WMU would respond and went into the 2nd quarter down 17-7. Early in the 2nd, WMU got the momentum though, scoring on a 29 yards TD pass, followed by an interception and a 32 yard TD run to take a 21-17 lead. The Blue Raiders put together a nice drive capped off with a TD run by Ben Cunningham to take a 24-21 lead with 22 seconds in the half, but it was too much time as WMU moved down the field quickly and got a field goal to tie the game at 24-24.

After 6 combined touchdowns and 2 field goals, the defenses stepped up and shut down the offenses. Neither team got close to scoring in the 3rd quarter. The two teams played a battle of field position until MTSU finally the big play they were looking for on a deep pass inside the five. However on the next play MTSU threw an interception, ending their chances at taking the lead. With 2:30 to go, WMU punted back to MTSU and returner Turner brought the ball back inside the 40 yard line giving MTSU prime field position. The Blue Raiders were able to keep the ball moving as well as the clock, and took a 31-24 lead on a TD run by Cunningham with 31 seconds to go. The Broncos moved down the field and on the final play needed just 31 yards to get the TD to tie, but it was picked off and the game was over.

Player of the game honors go to RB Benjamin Cunningham for grinding out 81 yards on 23 carries and 3 TDs, but the impact performance goes to Harold Turner who's punt returns led to 10 points. MTSU improves to 3-0 and returns for their first home game vs New Mexico.

17. Steamer43

18. nikpin

Sim it. Scheduling conflicts.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Fuck you Crumb might just be my most anticipated game every year, we always have great games.

20. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Boise State beat me 38-28. Really disappointing as I had the ball down 21-14 with two minutes left and after picking up a first down, I floated a screen pass that got picked and run back for 6. Then threw another INT and gave up a touchdown on their next play. I was able to actually get a quick score, call timeouts, and get another score, but it was too little too late. I felt like I could've won this one and just made some terrible throws.

21. DirtycashDylan

Kent-17
    UNM-7

Defensive slug fest that saw 3 pics, at least 3 punts downed inside the 5, and Lobo safety AJ Butler ripping the ball from Dri Archer a half a yard from pay dirt.

Kent had perfect offensive balance, throwing for 249 and rushing for 239 (157 Dri Archer, 72 McKinney).

Welcome, Oshi.

22. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

lol. I wonder why...

23. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

FAU 50 UNM 49

What a game @hamerhead1010.. It started off with a pick 6 thrown my QB on the first draft.... FAU gets the ball back and throws a deep pass for a TD.. Next possesion Hammer's QB throws a pick six to me... this is followed by a kickoff return by hammer... So at this point 2 minutes have not even passed and the game is 14-14.. Hammer and I were talking at this point how this was going to be a game for the ages and we were both right! Hammer was able to get another TD on D and I got a FG make at the end of the 1st quarter 17-14. The second quarter slowed down a little with me only getted one TD on a long run and hammer getting 2. halftime score 35-24.... Hammer also scored 1st in the 3rd and controlled the game for the next quarter... But then at the 4:20 mark in the 4th FAU started making the move.. I was able to get down by 11.. missed the onside get kick still get a 3 and out.. I scored tbut missed the onside kick again.. I had all 3 timeouts left and forced him to punt again. I was able to drive down the feild with the hurry up offense and get a score with 9 seconds left! But is not over there! When I tried to go for the 2 point conversion to go up three but my back fumbled and Hammer picked it up. He made it past the 50 but my WR caught him.

I was sure I had that game lost but somehow figured out how to stop him late. Great game dude.

Side note- Anyone notice a glitch with the hurry up? It would only let me pick plays out of my 2 back shotgun set.

24. nikpin

Yea its a glitch since they patched the game. Really hurts those last minute rallys with no TO's.

25. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Good game dude. I still can't believe I gave up all those big plays and pissed a late lead away but you made a hell of a comeback.