Week 4 (2012)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Wick36, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

2. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

Louisville stays undefeated with last second field goal-

Just when you thought this game was over here comes Michigan. Down 17 with less than 5 minutes left Denard Robinson took over. He ended the game with 127 yards rushing and 275 yards passing. Michigan was able to bring the score to 20-19 after an amazing onside kick. The Michigan coach decided to go for the win with the two point conversion. Robinson easily took the ball into the endzone and the crowd went crazy. With 43 seconds left in the game Louisville had to pull Something out of their asses and that's exactly what they did taking a screen pass 34 yards to the Michigan 24 yard line. Appleby was then able to hit the field goal to complete the miracle and the stadium was silenced and stunned.

Player of the game-
    Teddy Bridgewater 10-12 220 yards and 1 td

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Those last second results always feel the best and hurt the worst.

4. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

Yea I was in cruise control in the 4th and it almost bit me in the ass

5. droid43

droid43 Walk On

haha been there before.. Nice win!

6. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

Hopefully he learned that prevent defense prevents winning :) dropping 11 back into coverage=invitation for Robinson to run

I really had no business winning that one though hah. I'm glad he pulled it off because before 5 minutes left when I just started throwing up crazy passes I was completely shut down.

7. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

Get it right it was 9 people back lol. And one of em was supposed to spy Robinson. He is now benched lol

8. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

I coulda sworn that was you (attempting to) spy me. And yeah I meant to say 8-9 ><

9. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

I was more of a middle zone lol

10. whales30

whales30 Walk On

Rutgers Pulls It Off
    Rutgers Scarlet Knights traveled down to USF where they had to face a tough QB in BJ Daniels. The whole week the defense focused on ways to stop Daniels from burning them through the air and with his feet. Turns out they did a pretty good job of stopping Daniels as he only threw for 144 yards and rushed for 7 with no touchdowns. Unfortunately for Rutgers, USF RB Demetris Murray had a dominating game rushing for 151 yards and a TD. It was a close game throughout with Rutgers scoring on the opening drive but losing their star RB Jawan Jamison for the game. At the half Rutgers trailed 10-7 but scored a 3rd quarter TD to pull ahead 14-10. It looked like the Knights were going to win by that score but USF converted a 4th down and scored with 2:05 left in the game to take the lead 17-14. Somehow Rutgers QB Gary Nova managed to find WR Miles Shuler for a long 46 yard TD to get the win with a final score of 21-17.​

11. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

Good shit man. Rep that big east

12. EMbow513

EMbow513 Walk On

I just played my toughest most exciting game so far, i salute Theezy

13. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

So did we learn not to underestimate teams now? Lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Wow, that was one heckuva game, back and forth all the way through. Looks like both of you answered every time the other made something happen, nice work. Looking forward to your write up on this one.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Theezy

Theezy Walk On

UTAH CAN'T PULL OFF THE MAJOR UPSET
    Coming into this game, many thought Georgia was gonna stomp all over the Utes. That is not what happened. After practically going dead even throughout the first half, Utah was leading 23-20. Third quarter was pretty much a snore fest, considering all the punting. Only Georgia scored and that was a 21 field goal at the start of the quarter.
    23-23 coming into the 4th
    Georgia starts with the ball, marches down the field and Aaron Murray throws a 7 yard TD to Tavarres King. Puts the Bulldogs up 30-23. After 3 and outs for both sides, Utah's backup RB, Kelvin York scores on a 4 yard running play. 30-30 with a minute remaining. It was 3rd and long, Georgia's ball, on their own 40 yard line. The stadium was going absolute nuts, thinking they would get the stop and possibly send the game into overtime. Georgia converts, the crowd loses half the hope they got left. Finally, after absolute blown coverage by the Utah secondary, Aaron Murray connects to Chris Conley on a 45 yard touchdown pass with only 28 seconds remaining. Georgia kicks the extra point and that puts them up by 7. A hail marry bomb to WR Dres Anderson to the 50 yard line with less than 20 seconds left puts the Utah Utes with only 50 more yards to go. Everyone knows what is coming next, another hail marry, but to who? Well, none other than Dres Anderson who catches it near the 10 and breaks 2 tackles to enter the end zone with 9 seconds left. The crowd absolutely erupts. It is now tied 34-34, heading into OT.
    OT, baby.​
    No one thought this was gonna happen. 6 ranked Georgia Bulldogs, going to overtime with the unranked Utah Utes. Georgia wins the toss and elects to play D first. After just a few pass plays, Utah was already within the 5. After 3 stopped running plays, Utah, had to make a decision. Go for it on 4th, on the 2 yard line. Or kick the field goal and stop Georgia's high ranked offense. This is where I made my mistake. I should of went for it. But I didn't. Utah is up 37-34. Georgia's turn. After just 1 running play, they are within the 5 yard line too. I made another mistake by playing RUN RUN RUN RUN. He passed. Touchdown. Utah loses 40-37 in OT against Georgia.​
    This was one hell of a game. I never had so much fun. Props to Embow for taking the win. Wish it would of went the other way. Oh well. Utah is home to Arizona St next week (1-1), while Georgia is at Vanderbilt.​

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  16. EMbow513

EMbow513 Walk On

MAN I WAS ABSOLUTELY STUNNED WHEN HE THREW THAT DEEP TOUCHDOWN WITH LIKE 12 SECONDS LEFT TO TAKE THE GAME INTO OVERTIME. MY PLAYER GOT SMOKED AND I TRUSTED HIM TO COVER THAT DUDE 1 ON 1. IM NOT UNDERESTIMATING ANYONE ON THIS FORUM ANYMORE LOL

17. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Please feel free to underestimate me in our game the last week of the season, I am not very good I am told that Notre Dame is irrelevant.

18. EMbow513

EMbow513 Walk On

Naw man,i see ur good, i told theezy that ur the one im most worried about who might blow me out lol

19. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Whoa nellie, blow out?! Now you're talkin my language :). I don't usually blow other users out though, unless they are just bad players. Usually my user games are a lot like the game you and Theezy had, back and forth, but more low-scoring. Basically I play to whatever ability I'm facing, which makes for way too many stressful games. Good luck the rest of the way, hopefully our game has some national title implications, I still have 3 tough user games before then though, so lots of work to do.

• Like Like x 1
  20. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

One last thing for the good of the order, it would be great if everybody could take a few minutes at the end of games to make some video highlights, just would be cool to see some of those crazy plays especially in games like the one Bow and Theez just played. It's easy to put those videos up in your summaries, or just to check them out on the Dynasty Wire. That is the end of this Public Service Announcement.

21. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Wake Forest Gives Coach Stapp First Win, 31-15 Over Army

After last week's dismal display of defense against Western Kentucky, it was clear what the emphasis was over the last week of practices. Excluding one mind numbingly idiotic play from the Deacon defense in the 1st quarter that led to a 65 yard Army TD run, Wake Forest played almost flawless defense against the Black Knights' option. QB Tanner Price threw for 3 TDs to go with 203 yards and an INT in a little over 3 quarters of work before being pulled in the 4th. Mike Campanaro was again the star, hauling in 2 TD catches. Starting RB Josh Harris ran 12 times for 30 yards before being replaced after a minor injury, and backup Orville Reynolds did more than just fill in, running for 60 yards and a score on 10 carries. With Wake Forest holding a 28-7 lead going into the 4th, the Deacons went on a morale crushing 13 play, 5 minute drive ending in a FG that put the game to bed. A late TD for Army just went to making a more respectable score line.

Wake Forest heads on the road to open ACC play next week against Virginia Tech.

22. azreinman

azreinman Walk On

VIRGINIA beats #13 TCU 38-21

Heading into this game against TCU Virginia sorely needed a win coming off 2 straight losses to open the season. Coach Reinman went on vacation for the first 2 games, so the assistant had to take over all football operations. The team tried to rally around the in-term head coach but they missed having Coach Reinman's amazing pep talks. So now with there head coach back headed into the TCU game Virginia was pumped up. First drive of the game and VA is storming down the field at a furious pace, but alas TCU stops them and they have to attempt the FG. But they miss! TCU now has the ball and are moving the ball but then the TCU QB throws a pick 6! After that, TCU regained composure and score a TD only to have VA go down the other end and score a field goal, and another TD. With 34 seconds left in the half and down 17-7 TCU drives down the field and scores a TD with the time ticking out. Start of the 2nd half and VA is up 17-14. It was back and fourth in terms of punts the entire 3rd quarter until the VA QB drives the team down the field and dives into the end zone with 50 seconds left in the 3rd. Only to have TCU score another touchdown at the end of the third. Going into the 4th its VA-24 and TCU-21. UVA has the ball and scores a TD off a Kevin Parks run. Its 31-21 and TCU got a 3 and out and are punting. TCU punts to the right and the CB returner Nicholson returns the ball for the TD!! and thats how the game ended. 38-21. Also during this game my 88 rated starting RB got injured for 12 weeks! Ouch! :(

• Like Like x 1
  23. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Just had the game freeze on me in the 3rd qtr, up on Navy 22-8 in what turned out to be a lot tougher game than I'd like. Froze as a stupidio update came on, of course, thanks for that awesome addition EA. Theezy was on when it happened, so he should be able to vouch for the score I hope, freaking annoying. I'll try to get it done tomorrow, too late now.

24. EMbow513

EMbow513 Walk On

if i had a harddrive i would but i cant

25. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Don't need to have a hard drive to do it, the highlights save to EA's site.