Week 4 2014

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Dec 11, 2011.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Welcome to Week 4!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== San Jose State Spartans (1-1) ===============
    Last week, San Jose State lost 38-10 against Stanford (2-1).
    This week, the Spartans travel to Minneapolis to face the Minnesota Golden Gophers (1-1).

=============== #25 Kent State Golden Flashes (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Kent State won 42-14 against Virginia (1-1).
    This week, the Golden Flashes travel to Columbus to face the #12 Ohio State Buckeyes (2-0).

=============== New Mexico State Aggies (2-0) ===============
    Last week, New Mexico State won 72-7 against FCS Northwest .
    This week, the Aggies are idle.

=============== Akron Zips (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Akron won 42-0 against Washington State (0-2).
    This week, the Zips will host Florida Atlantic (3-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Akron targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Wesley Turner has committed to Akron

=============== Florida Atlantic Owls (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Florida Atlantic won 17-14 against UNLV (0-1).
    This week, the Owls travel to Akron to face the Akron Zips (2-0).

=============== FIU Golden Panthers (0-3) ===============
    Last week, FIU lost 30-0 against New Mexico (3-0).
    This week, the Golden Panthers will host UNLV (0-1).
    In recruiting news, the following FIU targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Ryan Charles has committed to FIU

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Mid Tenn State won 45-38 against Troy (1-1).
    This week, the Blue Raiders will host Miami University (1-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Mid Tenn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Wesley Turner has committed to Akron

=============== New Mexico Lobos (3-0) ===============
    Last week, New Mexico won 30-0 against FIU (0-3).
    This week, the Lobos will host FCS Northwest .

=============== Memphis Tigers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Memphis won 42-38 against Louisville (0-2).
    This week, the Tigers are idle.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  2. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Well that wasnt a shocker. New Mexico Kills FCS 72-7

In a game where the starters were pulled mid 3rd and even rested in the first half, everyone stepped up to put on a route over the weak challenge. After throwing an interception on the first play of the game, NM then got a 79 yard pick 6 on the 3rd play of the game and shortly after saw a 2nd defensive TD to put them up 28-0 mid 1st. and then 49-7 at half. FCS did manage one score on a nice drive later in the 2nd quarter but other then that there was no offense
    With such a lead, Hudson only completed 5 of 8 passes on the day which hurt the likes of White, who went catchless. Dylan Rodger and Joel Duncan combine for 3 receptions, 164 yards and 3 scores. Thompson went over the century mark with 101 on 16 carries while it was his backups who stepped up, Gutierrez who scored twice on 3 carries and Cowen whore broke a 96 yard score.
    The defense was dominant. DT Corey Smith tore up the OLine for 5 sacks. Dangerfield intercepted two passes including the pick 6 early on. Sherman, Alexander and Smith forced fumbles in which Smith, Brooks and Schlopy recovered them, Schlopy returned his for a score.

Kind of a boring game after I had to chew clock to open the 2nd half but it was a huge mismatch. Out gained them 480-207 on offense

Now sitting at 4-0 (1-0 in conference) the Lobos are turning heads. Through the 4 games, the defense is averaging just 216 yards allowed per game, 138 pass yards per game, and only 6 points per game while scoring 55.2 on offense. The schedule begins to get harder now. After a bye next week, rival NMSU comes to town for a big showdown.

Breaking down the defense points allowed this year:
    1st quarter: 0
    2nd quarter: 21
    3rd quarter: 3
    4th quarter: 0

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  3. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Middle Tennessee State beats Miami (OH) 47-24

First home game of the season

Miami OH dominated the first 1 1/2 quarters. I was down 14-0 when Stephon Mack brought back a KR. Miami drove down again but held them to a field goal inside the 5 to make it 17-7

Then Miami OH flipped the suck ass switch. With under 2 minutes left freshman CB Greene picked off a Miami pass and took it inside the 10 and a pass to Mack went for a TD on the next play. Then with 10 seconds left the Redhawks ran the ball but decided to go no huddle and throw a hail mary before halftime, no one was open and a dump off pass was picked off with one hand by freshman linebacker Andrew Jackson who took it to the house to take a 21-17 lead at halftime. On the first play of the second half a Will Davis pass to wide open Collis went for a 72 yard TD to go up 28-17. Then Miami OH tried to go for a fake punt pass but it was picked off by my 6'4'' RS freshman CB Fountain. MTSU got a field goal to go up 31-17.

Then Miami got good again, holding my offense scoreless for 10 minutes, and scoring a TD to go cut the lead to 24-17.

But then with 2:30 to go, they got shitty again. Runningback Woodard broke off a 32 yard run to pretty much seal the game at 38-24. Miami turned over on downs inside their own 20. My FB fumbled at the 1 yard line. Got a safety on the next play. Miami had to punt it to me and I fumbled on the next play, but I forced a fumble and Greene picked it up and took it for a TD for a final score of 47-24.

MTSU improves to 3-1. The Blue Raiders get 2 consecutive bye weeks before taking on nationally ranked TCU at home.

4. DirtycashDylan

Well I would say let's get these CPU games in within 24 hours just in case, but the user game involves Nik. 3 day week.

5. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I was able to play from 10-6 yesterday but we are playing tonight.

6. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Sucks having 3 byes in the first 4 weeks.

7. DirtycashDylan

I hear ya.

8. nikpin

Just DirtycashDylan left as he continues to hold us up every single week with his lack of respect for the rest of our time.

Florida Atlantic Owls 3
    @
    Akron Zips 45

Looked like a good one threw the first 1 3/4 quarters as the score was 14-3. I hit a 56 yard pass and managed two pick sixes on the last two drives of the first quarter to blow it open and then FAU received and that resulted in the third pick six in a row. Liked my teams user debut after having lost almost 30 guys to graduation last season a lot of new faces on the field.

9. DirtycashDylan

Don't get mad at me for my motivation tactics.

10. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

So we're on 48 hours and waiting on a CPU game?

11. nikpin

Yep should have simmed it two and a half weeks ago.

12. DirtycashDylan

#25 Kent St-34
    #11 tOSU-7

We're basically the Baltimore Ravens of the league. Except for one long TD run thanks to some questionable user stick skillz, my D was dominant. The rushing game enforced their will all day, too. FB Trayion Durham had 16 for 75 and a TD while adding a 28 yard grab from the TE position, Holloman had 10 for 79 yards and Davis added 30 on 8 carries. True freshman FB and part of the 'Darkness' crew Roshaun Mitchell ran it twice, one for a 24 yard TD.

Robert Peterson didn't air it out much but was a respectable 9-16 for 146, 1 TD and 1 INT.

POTG-OLB Zach Hitchens 5 solo, 3 TFL, 2 sack, 2 FF

13. DirtycashDylan

No dummy, we were waiting on a user game. I'm advancing now.