Week 4, 2014

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Sep 20, 2012.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Advancing now and I'm going to bed. I'll post the DW tomorrow afternoon at work unless someone beats me to it.

2. DirtycashDylan

3. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Welcome to Week 4!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Bucknell Bison (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Bucknell won 33-14 against Ball State (0-2).
    This week, the Bison will host Georgetown (0-2).

=============== Pennsylvania Quakers (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Pennsylvania won 31-23 against Temple (0-2).
    This week, the Quakers will host Brown (2-0).

=============== Yale Bulldogs (2-0) ===============
    Last week the Bulldogs were idle.
    This week, the Bulldogs will host #22 Louisville (2-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Yale targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LT Damarcus Hawkins has committed to Yale

=============== Brown Bears (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Brown won 43-36 against Rutgers (0-2).
    This week, the Bears travel to Philadelphia to face the Pennsylvania Quakers (2-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Brown targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LOLB Cameron Holloway has committed to Notre Dame

=============== Cornell Big Red (0-2) ===============
    Last week, Cornell lost 49-14 against Army (2-0).
    This week, the Big Red travel to Ypsilanti to face the Eastern Michigan Eagles (0-1).

=============== Georgetown Hoyas (0-2) ===============
    Last week, Georgetown lost 31-28 against Virginia (2-0).
    This week, the Hoyas travel to Lewisburg to face the Bucknell Bison (1-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Georgetown targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Dominic Nugent has committed to Michigan
    - (***) LOLB Cameron Holloway has committed to Notre Dame
    - (***) CB Mark Harrell has committed to Syracuse

=============== Harvard Crimson (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Harvard won 38-35 against UMass (0-2).
    This week, the Crimson travel to East Hartford to face the Connecticut Huskies (0-1).

=============== Columbia Lions (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Columbia lost 56-42 against Texas A&M (2-0).
    This week, the Lions will host Duke (1-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Columbia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) TE Ryan Ingram has committed to Alabama

=============== Delaware Blue Hens (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Delaware won 42-9 against Syracuse (1-1).
    This week, the Blue Hens travel to Iowa City to face the #25 Iowa Hawkeyes (1-0).

=============== Princeton Tigers (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Princeton won 48-21 against FCS Midwest .
    This week, the Tigers will host FCS Southeast .
    In recruiting news, the following Princeton targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) HB Mike Callahan has committed to USC

4. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Yall take your time on this week since me and DC won't be able to play next week's game til sunday...

5. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Yall come back ya here.

6. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Ignore my PM DCD, thought we were still in week 3!

7. Todd Ramsey

Todd Ramsey Walk On

Damn I had Iowa on the ropes, but a pick 6 inside their red zone was to much to overcome. They pretty much steamrolled my craptastic defense. I threw for 395 yards and ran for 180, but the two turnovers killed me.

With that being said I had a chance to go into overtime with a last second kick from 46 yards. Distance wasn't a problem (88 KPW), but the assholes froze my kicker and I didn't adjust.

Looking forward to the conference schedule where the talent gap isn't so large.

8. DirtycashDylan

Iowa had like 500 rushing yards on me last year but I somehow beat them because their QB kept throwing redzone picks and they kept pounding well into the 4th even though they were down. Louisville pushed my shit in last year, though. Vengeance tonight.

9. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

This game clearly does not like me again.

Game 1: Rain game; 6 turnovers IN THE FIRST HALF, including one stretch where the CPU scores three TD's in about 30 seconds on two consecutive fumble recoveries.
    Game 2: Opening Kickoff, Fumble. Army scores soon after.. Fumble, INT, INT later.. Army's way ahead.
    Game 3: First play from scrimmage, fumble. My alma mater scores 28 points in a matter of minutes.

Alright, I understand that my defense is not that good. However, a 62 rated YALE defense performed decently and now a 62 rated defense for me performs like a defense of 6th graders.

I'm sorry, but that's not just fair for anyone. lol.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Bucknell Edges Out Georgetown 16-13

[​IMG]

Bucknell and Georgetown played over three quarters of field goal battles. Each team made 2 out of 3 attempts in the first 3 quarters and 32 seconds of play. After a 53 yard field goal miss by Georgetown, the Bucknell Bison would finally break a couple big plays. Bucknell avoided a 3-n-out when QB Ben Brown found his running back wide open, as Fitzgerald hauled in the pass and scooted downfield for a 30 yard game. On the very next play, Brown saw his tight end wide open for a 27 yard TD pass, thanks to a last second block by freshman WR Warren Peterson who prevented a sack. The Bucknell momentum didn't last long though, as Morse returned the ensuing kickoff for 61 yards into Bucknell territory. Five plays later and we were even once again at 13 with 3:35 left to go. Coach Steamer put the ball in the hands of freshman QB Ben Brown to lead Bucknell on a game winning drive and he did just that. Brown connected on 4-of-5 passes to move the ball 55 yards down field, with freshman RB Peter Setzer grinding out the last yards to put the Bison's weak legged kicker into field goal range. Bucknell's Sullivan came through on the kick, clearing the 39 yarder despite being iced by the Qwon.

Player of the Game goes to Freshman QB Ben Brown, who was 20-28 for 270 yards and 1 TD, with no interceptions. Bucknell had trouble getting the run game going, but Brown's remarkable passing of 9-of-11 on third downs helped Bucknell convert 7-of-13 3rd down attempts.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  11. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

This post was meant for here, didn't mean to post in week 3:

Dartmouth got molested in Coach Irish's debut 52-20.

At least I fixed our recruiting board?

12. DirtycashDylan

Okay then...

Yale-42
    #22 Louisville 13

The big stat line of the day. Yale QB Matt Poland 581.0 QB rating. 9-9 for 319 yards, 5 TDs and 0 turnovers. 3 sacks. 11 rushes for 43 yards (which translates to about 8 rushes for 55 yards)

5 TDs and 319 yards. And how many times did he throw it?

Let's go over all 9.

1. In possesion 1 on a 3rd and 3, Poland connected with McIntyre on a little out route that turned into a 17 yard gain.
    2. Next play, we ran a double post with the Y and the Z and caught them in Cover 2. The X receiver took the free safety with him on his streak and the Z came underneath on his post with the SS trailing behind. 41 yard TD to McIntyre.
    3. Next possession, Poland hit Andre Grant on a slant and he outran the Cardinal D for a 78 yard TD.
    4. Poland hits the RB on a screen for a 5 yard gain.
    5. Same drive, Poland hits frosh TE Mangum right up the middle on an option route for an 18 yard gain.
    6. After some good rushing to get us in the redzone, we run a Smash play and Poland hits frosh ATH/WR Bailey on a post from the slot where the FS totally whiffed. TD
    7. After noticing Louisville jumping the snap and stopping the run, Poland changes up his snap count and draws the UL DE offsides and snaps the ball and launches the ball deep to Buster Grier for a 74 yard TD.
    8. On 2nd and 13 from the UL 25, Poland once again caught UL in Cover 2 and had TE Mangum coming up the middle for a nice lob TD.
    9. Early 4th quarter and Poland again catches the UL D napping and gets them to jump offsides before sending a bomb downfield which connects with McIntyre for a 47 yard gain. This was tried one other time earlier in the game but was an incompletion that didn't count against his stats.
    Receiving:
    Jon McIntyre-2 for 88 yards and a TD
    Brodie Bailey-2 for 30 and a TD
    TE Justin Mangum-2 for 44 and a TD
    Buster Grier-1 for a 74 yard TD
    Andre Grant-1 for a 78 yard TD
    HB Joseph-1 for 5 yards

Another performance of note was true freshman DE/DT Terrance Williams. He racked up 7 tackles, 4 sacks and a seperate TFL. I also noticed him on the kickoff coverage team. Those sacks were from screens or from the QB trying to scramble up the middle and Williams stopping it.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  13. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Are your game recaps always that smug and self-righteous? Or have I just not been paying attention?

14. DirtycashDylan

Huh? Smoke more weed.

15. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

My doctor has recommended I reduce my daily intake of marijuana.

16. DirtycashDylan

• Like Like x 1
  17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Harvard starts the season 3-0 winning all 3 games by 3 points. Better to be lucky than good I suppose. Now the real season starts. No more CPU Heisman shenanigans to deal with until bowl week (y)

18. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

nikpin were up week 5. Lucky for us its the weekend. Whats the best time for you the next couple of days?

19. DirtycashDylan

Just Fast Feet Pete left.

He was online earlier. I guess he doesn't know we only wait 24 hours for a CPU week. I'd wait on him but he's only playing an FCS school.

20. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Anytime? I'm actually pretty free this weekend. Just let me know when's good.

21. Fast Feet Pete

Fast Feet Pete Walk On

yeah my bad, didnt know about the time frame.

22. DirtycashDylan

It's all good. Yeah, we only wait a max of 24 hours for anything other than user games. Most leagues on this site don't, fyi.