Week 4 2016 Now Open - Deadline = 4.20.11 7:00 a.m. EST

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CLW, Apr 18, 2011.

1. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Week 4 now open

Please complete by April 20, 2011 7:00 a.m. EST

Thanks!

2. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

EMU added another ugly loss to it's resume before the thread was up. To Akron I might add. I just don't understand what is going on. Better team than last year but they play just horribly bad. We are seriously looking at an 0-12 season right now. Oh and we have commish next week...outstanding.

Hopefully, a good showing will right the ship and we can make another run at a bowl.

3. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

4. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

5. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Werd. Apparently some Communists from either The People's Republic of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations or Taxachusetts imposed a "fee" on him for running during the marathon b/c his times fell down to my kind of pace there towards the end.

6. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

It was another wild one in Oxford as the Miami Redhawks hosted the South Florida Bulls. It was a terrific day for this game. Cerulean blue skies are wrapped around the emerald green sports turf. Oh, sorry about that. I've been channeling my inner Vin Scully lately.

This game looked like a silly blowout after 4 minutes. Dat U bum rushed the Bulls in the first quarter to a 21-0 lead. The backups were getting loose, as this was going to get ugly. But in the second quarter, my man Todd Shaw got hurt. He aggrevated a first quarter injury and was lost for the game. That injury sparked the Bulls. And when you mess with the Bulls, you get the Horns.

In the second, USF HB Wade Phillips was unstoppable. He looks in great shape since being laid off by the Cowboys, and really improved his Truck skills. He scored three TDs in that frame to even the score up.

While in the tunnel at halftime, Coach Roadhouse challenged his men to make big plays. It was a fresh start to the game, and Dat U needed stomp a mudhole in the Bulls. And then the game became a slugfest!

Charlie Murphy took over for The injured Mack running back. He ripped off a 37 yard TD to grab the lead. USF answered with a short pass after a long drive to tie. Murphy did it again, slicing through the line for a 50 yarder and we lead once more. The Bulls marched down the field again, but a pair of great strategy calls blew up their goal line drive and USF settled for a FG. Dat U answered back with another TD, this time a pass to Peter Tosh and had a nice cushion of 42-31.

The Bulls weren't done yet. They scored a TD on blown coverage to cut the Miami lead to 42-38. After Jack Black's third INT of the game, Wade Phillips sliced up the line for another TD and the lead. However, the Bulls couldn't convert the 2 PT try and lead 43-42 with only 1:30 left.

Cameras followed kicker Ted Nugent as he prepared as Jack Black drove the Redhawks into range. The Bulls kept bending, and we kept pushing. A great grab by Dave Chapelle set us up with first and goal inside the 5, with :10 left on the clock. We had another time out and wanted to center the ball for the GW kick, so we ran off tackle and Charlie Murphy knocked down a Bulls defender to plow in for the TD. We left the kicker on the side and did it the old skool way.

48-43, good guys, and here's where it got stupid. There's 7 second left on the clock, so I'm going for two. I pass and convert, and get a warning from EA for running it up! The score gave me a 7 point lead. Running what up? I squib kick to start the clock, and USF gets in long cheddar formation. The QB slides away from all my pressure and heaves a long one. It was swatted away by George Jefferson, and there were goose eggs on the clock. Miami steals a wild one at home, 50-43.

Next week we play the ghost of Yragha and Ball State.

7. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Not much here to report...NIU never threatened

Falcons.....37
    NIU..........10

8. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

The Commish crushes bitter rival Ohio 45-0. A totally dominating performance by the Kent St. D in this one allowed CLW to focus on trying to improve the Golden Flashes run game.

9. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP