Week 4, 2016

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Dec 4, 2012.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

go

2. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

If I don't steal a victory from #10 Sparty in East Lansing, I may not see my first win until week 6!

I'll probably play when I'm off work tonight, but really depends on how studying for my exam goes. If I don't have time, I'll knock it out tomorrow afternoon.

3. Strick

Strick Walk On

This is getting ridiculous. What is in the water in Lewisburg? My best RB, Peter Setzer, goes down with an 8 week injury. This forced me to burn a shirt on a sophomore RB that I really wanted to sit this year. Regardless, he came in and gave us a big boost in the running game.

Bucknell had to play from behind and without a fast start - a different story than the two previous games.

This of course took place in the first quarter.

My first two offensive plays were fumbles, one of which UConn took back to the 4 yard line. Not too happy about that one. Then I made a poor decision on a Ben Browns first pass. Pick. Luckily I got it right back a play later. From there on, it was all Bison.

Brown went 22/29 for 404 yards and 5 TDs while running for 48 and another score- a career day.

He led an offensive attack that was 12/14 on 3rd down and 2/2 on 4th down - including a 1 yard TD run.

The Bucknell defense got stiff and UConn didn't get a first down the rest of the game. We won rather handily, 52-14.

Very wary of the BYE in the upcoming week, they could hurt a few more of my offensive stars.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

HOWARD EXPLODES ON OFFENSE, DOWNS BUFFALO 63-34!!!!

Just 9 yards short of 600, the Bison offense ran through and threw over the hapless Bulls.

Anderson finished 12 of 16 for 296, 3TDs 1Int and had 9 carries for 13 yards (4 of the rush attempts were actually sacks).

Tyson had 12 carries for 188 yards, 2 TDs and the play of the game when he took a pitch to the house from 92 yards.

All total Howard had 7 plays of over 20 yards.

Defense didnt impress as they gave up 482 yards and 34 points but the fourth quarter saw quite a few back ups in the game. The pass D make 4 picks, 2 of which were returned for 6 to help blow the game open.

Coach Q: "I am pleased to make it through non-conference play 3-0, didnt really think we would pull that off. We are half way to our goal of bowl eligibility but the hard part of the schedule awaits. We have a bye before opening conference play on the road against Dartmouth and coach IrishBearcat. Hopefully we can maintain the momentum we have built up til we take the field again."

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  5. IrishBearcat

Hoping to avoid 3-0 vs 0-3 ... lol

6. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

Was really shocked at the outcome of this game. Jumped out early and it was a damn good thing cause my defense can't stop anything...going to be a very long season from here out I fear.

7. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

The Hoyas stun #15 Georgia Tech

Georgetown: 21
    Georgia Tech: 7

The Hoyas went on the road for a tough challenge against the Yellow Jackets and they came out on top. While the defense allowed it's first touchdown of the season, they also responded with one of their own as GTech's QB would cough it up on an option keeper and MLB Sean Suggs would scoop and score. All around it was a great defensive effort by GTown as they hold GTech to just 124 yards of offense and only 3 first downs.

Offensively the Hoyas had some trouble keeping their drives going. Dan Jones was decent on the day completing 10 of 13 for 114 yards and 1 TD but also threw 2 interceptions. RB Ronald Sims couldn't find much room in the running lanes as he carried the ball 22 times for just 60 yards. Receiving wise, all-nikpin WR Manny Webster had 3 catches for 50 yards and a touchdown.

The Hoyas will rest up and then get ready for their big showdown with Yale in which they suffered a sim-loss last season.

8. IrishBearcat

0-3 as Dartmouth goes down 35-38 to #10 Michigan State.

Their QB was 12/14 for 140 yards and 4 TDs this week, with an additional 135 yards rushing. They scored a TD every possession minus a field goal and one punt at the end of the game.

Had three picks which were my fault, but my defense doesn't do any favors for my O. I got play lights out to have a shot to win.

We'll stew in the shittiness of 0-3 during the upcoming bye week. I am glad I am done with CPU games, and leave it at that. :)

9. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

Cornell 37 - Kent State 6

Cornell runs for 443 yards rushing including 154 yards from their RUNNING BACK on a couple of pitches. Cornell 2-1 for the second year in a row.

10. IrishBearcat

11. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

12. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

Oh shit...Dartmouth gonna be pissed when Howard comes to town in 2 weeks...just great...

• Like Like x 1
  13. IrishBearcat

Booo. Not sure what DirtycashDylan 's plan is but I know he usually only waits 24 hours on CPU games when we're humming at a good pace like this. Hopefully you can either play tonight or he's cool with waiting.

14. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Shouldn't be a big deal as we are all on a bye week next week. So our first week of conference play will be this weekend... So I'm fine with waiting on Gyrene til the morning.

15. IrishBearcat

I feel the same, although I know DCD hasn't when I've been in a similar situation.

16. Gyrene76

Yeah, yeah..I'm playing

• Like Like x 1
  17. IrishBearcat

Lol.. I'm on a bye and can't even recruit until tomorrow so I legitimately cool if you don't play tonight. :)

18. Gyrene76

No worries bro...I'm in 2nd quarter

19. IrishBearcat

Look at Gyrene being a model league member, atta boi!

20. Gyrene76

:)

21. Gyrene76

Penn - 21
    Iowa - 14

It was a very defensive game. One that included fumbles, interceptions, and sacks a plenty. The Quaker defense was phenomenal and played big against the #5 team in the country.

• Like Like x 1