Week 4, 2017

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Congrats to Georgia Tech for being the #2 ranked team for the first time in CL history, but will that come with a cost? The second-ranked team has found itself on the losing end of things for two straight weeks. We have a couple of user games this week. Obviously everyone is busy with the holiday season and I would never ask you to put video games over family, but do what you can to get these games played in a timely fashion.​
    #3 Notre Dame vs. Duke​
    #22 Iowa vs. #15 Southern Miss​
    Florida vs. Tennessee
    #8 Oklahoma @ #6 LSU​
    Florida State @ North Carolina
    #1 Ohio State vs Nebraska​
    #2 Georgia Tech vs. Boston College​
    User Game of the Week: #5 Wisconsin vs. #17 Michigan

2. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Hey Glen Cieske when are you available?

I can play this afternoon or after 9pm est.

3. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Tony I can play today whatever works best for you really. I'd much rathe play today than tommorrow so we can go at like 630-7 eastern like we said or whatever time is better for you

4. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Crumbler81 I have a family Christmas party today idk when I'll be home. What's your availablity for tomorrow?

5. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Seminoles fall 34-24 to North Carolina.

The gameplan was simple - keep Ron Brady contained and you may have a crack at beating a tougher North Carolina Tarheel team.

Seminole QB Stephen Pennington was on fire to start the game connecting on 4/5 passes for 135 yards and 2TDs. Pennington on the teams 3rd drive was sacked hard and he would not return from the game, sidelined with bruised ribs. The severity of the injury kept him out the entire game and the Seminole offense would look like they were without their veteran leader. Freshman QB Travis Banks came in out of the bullpen and he stunk. Banks turned the ball over three times, two interceptions on forced passes and a fumble at a terrible time in the game. Banks was the beneficiary of about 4 more dropped interceptions that would've ended the game for FSU even earlier.

The Seminoles leaned on the running game after Pennington went down, and Brandon Hurst was slicing the Tarheel defense apart. Hurst finished with 150 yards on 25 carries. His hard nosed game wasn't awarded with a touchdown but his longest run of 63 yards was one yard shy of a touchdown before his FB ran it in.

After a sack fumble safety put FSU behind only 1 point, Hurst's long run game on the ensuing kick off and after a successful 2 pt conversion the Seminoles took a 7 point lead with an inspired defense. Unfortunately, the 4th quarter was ALL Tar Heels and they climbed back with 17 unanswered points.

When FSU went down 7, they had a chance to tie it late but on that kick off their return man was stripped and UNC immediately covered it up, within FG range. The FG put them up 10 and put the preverbial icing on the cake for victory.

Players of the game

UNC RB Ron Brady (24 car 122 yards 1TD, 2 catches 59 yards) / CB Trey Rivers (4 tackles 3INT)

FSU RB Brandon Hurst (24 carry 150 yards)

______________________________________________________________________________

Man this one hurt, not gonna lie. I had it in my hands. I had a few chances with Tony on the ropes and he clawed back every time. Very fun game, tho - I can see us having some great games in the future. The QB injury absolutely killed me that guy couldn't miss and my offense was MOVING. If Hurst had it going like that and Pennington finished the game I think it may have been a different outcome. Great game bro, your boys played hard

6. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

i will try and get my game in later today or early tomarrow

7. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

I have to work today unfortunately so I won't be available until 9pm est tonight.

8. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

If you're OK with playing right after work I'm available as long as we can start by 930est

9. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

sure that works!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Antonio T.

Antonio T. Walk On

This was a good user game. I'm used to my team making the killer mistakes at the end of game a la the Notre Dame game last week, but finally the Heels had one break their way. Maybe this is just that we needed to jumpstart the ACC season.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

12. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

Yes i can try when i get home in about an hour or so

13. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

Yes i shall be able to get my game in today

14. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Squeezed it in. Duke was surprisingly annoying.

15. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Can't wait to see next week's recruiting progression.

16. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Just waiting on tonight's user game and you, CJTHA1

17. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

You gonna be around tonight to adv?

18. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Yeah I don't celebrate Xmas haha

• Like Like x 1
  19. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

Playing my game right now. Sorry for the delay

20. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

21. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

GATORS BEAT RIVAL VOLS 35-10

A second loss on conference play and losing in the home opener against the hated Vols wasn't in the cards today for the Gators as they took the game over from start to finish. The defense played what they call "Gator Defense" by holding the Vols to (-1) yards rushing and forcing 4 turnovers. James Tanner finish the game 15 for 20 for 220 yards while throwing for 3 touchdowns. 2 of those touchdowns went to Lamar Smith who had 6 receptions on the day. Nick Alexander lead the D with 7 total tackles along with sack and junior SS Maurice Means had 5 tackles, an interception for a TD, and a fumble recovery.

22. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Wisconsin's Defense Holds on for hard fought victory (24-17) over Michigan

The Wisconsin Defense held Michigan to a Field Goal when they were inside the ten yard line early in the second half and forced the Wolverines to a turnover on downs on the 1 yard line later in the second half preserving the win for the Badgers. Cory Mann had a bounce back performance after his abysmal play against Alabama, he went 13/17 150Yds and 1 TD with no turnovers. Heisman hopeful Micah Smith had a solid game on the ground running 26 times for 103 Yds and 2 Tds. The Badgers will look to get back on a winning streak next week vs. Boise St.

• Like Like x 1