Week 4, 2019

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

#20 North Carolina vs. Oregon State​
    #4 Oklahoma vs. South Carolina​
    #18 Florida State vs. NC State​
    Northwestern vs. #16 USC​
    #23 Michigan @ Maryland​
    #6 Florida vs. Tennessee​
    #2 Ohio State vs. West Virginia ​
    #1 Notre Dame vs. Virginia​
    #10 Wisconsin vs. Kansas​
    User Game of the Week: #3 Texas vs. #13 Auburn​

2. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

It wasn't your typical FSU offense that hit the field today, but one that was effective enough to keep the momentum in their hands the entire game. A team that`s predicated itself the past few seasons on the passing game and finishing last season second last in rushing yards saw a huge boost from the run game - 200+ yards from three different backs who chipped in. Chris Fields the sophmore starting tailback saw just a few carries but his first of the day went down the field for 48 yards, Fields finished with 55 before he was carted off the field with a minor injury the team doesn`t expect him to miss any extra time with.

When Fields went down the team looked to true freshman Deon Moss to carry the load and he did just that taking 18 hand offs for 141 yards, an average of 7.8 and 1TD. His long was of 39 and had two of more than 20. "Deon gets to top speed faster than the other two backs but his vision and elusiveness set him apart. He reads blocks well and finds holes the other two aren't as good at. He will continue to see some carries because if todays any indication this guys ready to be a primetime player in the ACC"

The team saw a spark on special teams as well as true freshman 3rd string tailback Reshad Moore was a lightning bolt on returns, accounting for the player of the game with 156 kick return yards (1TD) and 83 punt return yards (1TD). If he can get a few blocks and has 4-5 steps to get up to top speed nobody on the field was capable of catching him today. He made his coach look very good today about raving last year when they signed him that he would be a terror on special teams. This was Moore's 3rd special teams touchdown of the year as he is making an early run for Return Man of the Year.

Defensively, not much more can be said about FS Jordan Smith's stat line - 16 tackles 13 solos 5TFL. While he often has to clean up the mess others have left infront of him, he had big hit after big hit that nearly jarred the ball loose every play. MLB Patrick Dunbar was back to his last-season form with a 12 tackle 8 solo 9TFL 4.5 sack performance. These two guys have put themselves in a position early in the year for some serious hardware when all is said and done.

FINAL SCORE FSU 28 NCSU 6.

3. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Seems awfully quiet around here lately.

4. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Just seems like a busy time for most people. Just finished a week.5 where I had 4 exams. Ready to get back at it though

• Like Like x 1
  5. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Antonio T. and I are scheduled to play week 5 tonight at 1030pm Eastern. Should be a good one with tons of ACC implications on it.

6. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

So, my Wolverines finally got a win last night but I think I was lucky to make it through the game. My game had some weird malfunction near the end of the 1st Half. It seemed like one player on my offense and one player on my defense would just move in slow motion. On offense it turned out to be whoever lined up as the #1 receiver, and on defense it was my defensive end that I normally control on every play.

Needless to say, I couldn't throw to my #1 receiver the rest of the game and had to pick a different player on defense. I played my game from BNR right after and had no issues other than the CPU converting a BS Hail Mary to send the game into overtime but I don't want to talk about that!

7. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I've seen that before so it's not new. No clue how to fix it though.

8. jandy

jandy Walk On

Yeah it's been a pretty crazy time for me the past couple weeks. I'll be gone next week, but I'll be ready to go when I get back!

I know it's a long ways away, but who are you guys thinking about rolling with in next years game? It's most likely going to be Pac12/SEC/Big Ten. Do you guys think you'll stick with your current team (if you can) or do you want to play with a new squad? I know who I'm going to play with, but I'm going to keep that under wraps for right now :)

9. jandy

jandy Walk On

Sorry for double post.

Looks we're just waiting on CJTHA1 and cmassey13 for this week

10. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Michigan Picks Up 1st Win of 2019
    Outscores Terps in Shootout
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    ScreenHunter_1126 Feb. 27 12.38.jpg
    Sophomore FS Tony Johnson returned a fumble 34 yards for the game-winning TD with 1:33 remaining to help the Wolverines avoid an 0-3 start and begin conference play with a win. Even though the defense was the deciding factor, both defenses performed poorly for most of the day as the offenses combined for 920 total yards. Thankfully, for Michigan, junior starting QB Nick Butler returned from an injury with a career performance.
    After the Wolverines took a 7-3 lead at the end of the 1st Quarter, both offenses exploded for 6 touchdowns in the 2nd and the shootout was on. Defensive adjustments were somewhat effective in the 2nd Half as both teams were limited to 31 combined points. With a slim 4-point lead in the 3rd, Butler hit senior WR Andre Kaplan with a 72-yard TD bomb to give Michigan a 35-24 advantage and the Wolverines were able to hold off Maryland the rest of the way.
    Next, Michigan hosts the Fighting Illini in two weeks.
    Maryland
    QB Todd Swain - 22/28, 304 YDS, 16 RUSH, 47 YDS, 4 TD
    HB Ray Wilkerson - 16 RUSH, 68 YDS, TD
    WR Ian Curtis - 7 REC, 117 YDS, 2 TD
    OLB Jason Nunez - 3 TKLS, FF
    Michigan
    QB Nick Butler - 16/20, 348 YDS, 4 TD
    HB Loren Pearson - 22 RUSH, 130 YDS, TD
    WR Andre Kaplan - 5 REC, 223 YDS, 4 TD
    MLB Robert Miller - 5 TKLS, 3 SKS, FF

11. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

I'm thinking about maybe moving to the SEC and roll with Tennessee or Ole Miss, but if I stay in the Big Ten I may switch to Penn State. To be honest, I'm more of an ACC guy but being a UNC fan I can't really roll with any of the original ACC teams lol

12. jandy

jandy Walk On

Tennessee is a really cool program and I love their stadium and field. Ole Miss obviously has an amazing recruiting class, so it would be cool to play with those guys, especially Nkemdiche. Both are solid choices for sure.

Penn State could be fun as well, but their squad is going to be pretty bad next year. So if you want a nice rebuilding opportunity, you can't go wrong there. Having to go against OSU and Wisky might be tough though.

The problem with the ACC is that the level of competition is really low. There are only a few teams that are enticing to users, and those teams aren't that great. Not to mention the rest of the league is just terrible. The Pac12 is top heavy as well, but the top teams are some of the best in the country, and the rest of the conference is solid. I just think it would be better for CL if we rolled with the Pac12 instead of the ACC

13. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Yeah hopefully the ACC gets there act together at some point. They should have some quality programs but it seems like every year their either underachieving or facing NCAA sanctions lol.

Tennessee is actually by girlfriend's alma mater, so I wanted to rejoin you guys as them but Michigan seemed pretty cool. The PAC 12 should be fun especially if someone chooses to build up a lower tier program to compete with the big boys.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  14. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

I'll be playing my game tonight.

15. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

I'd like to stay at Fsu and bring then into SEC if possible. I believe we should leave 6star teams alone so we have competitive CPU teams but I'm sure I'm in the minority there.

16. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Any idea when? Me and Tony are scheduled for 1030pm east

17. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

I'd go Pac12 if all users agree to like Crumbler81 said, all users use a mid level evenly matched set of teams

18. jandy

jandy Walk On

The problem with that is that the other conferences will still be playing with powerhouses. I know Spayer wants to use OSU again, and I'm sure others will want to use good teams as well. Not to mention the SEC is stacked with teams that people will want to use. I like to be able to compete for national championships every year, and I feel like we would be limiting our potential for that if we went with lower-tier teams out west.

Oregon and Stanford are great teams in the North, with Washington as a solid rebuilding project. USC will be good in the South, and if someone wants to rebuild, UCLA and Arizona State (sweet unis) could be fun

19. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

Getting my game in tonight. Been busy with exams the last two days :(

20. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

The Pac 12 does have several good teams with also Arizona, Oregon State, and Utah not being bad teams either. I think being a Pac 12 team would be more fun than playing an ACC team.

• Like Like x 1
  21. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Yeah, I don't think Mr tOSU is going to want to switch to someone else. I would love to play as Iowa State in this league, because I know it would be a wicked challenge, but I will just have to find another league that wants to roll with the Big12.

As for this league, I am not sure where I would to end up. Lots of good teams in all three conferences. There are 6 star type teams and 4 and 5 star teams that can easily be built up as well.

22. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

I wouldn't mind being in a league and starting as 3* teams to build them up. But I do want to play as my Badgers so I'm good with the way this league is set up.

23. fishdock

fishdock Walk On

I would like to move to the Big 10 if possible, suits my play style more...but if that doesn't happen, I'd happily go to the Pac 12.

24. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Who has a team that the KNOW they want to play with?

Spayer will for sure be tOSU
    Glen looks like a lock for Wisco

25. jandy

jandy Walk On

Coach Jandy wants to go out west and roll with... the Ducks

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1